You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No risk & a proven winner Rafa Benitez

ronnie38

Yep, that Reddez bloke is such a wum, has he been on here since 08? No wonder he's made about 13,000+ posts!

That's about 8 posts per day on an internet community which I help to fund. Big fucking deal. I can waste 30 posts just ripping cunts like you to pieces then not visit the site for 3 days. That would result in the same average.

Fucking manc central in here today. Very irritating.

Yep, that Reddez bloke is such a wum, has he been on here since 08? No wonder he's made about 13,000+ posts!

he is a contradiction no doubt, but in fairness your obviously out to ruffle a few feathers, why hes still taking the bait is beyond me as well, 5 years deep and still having the same tired old arguments.

That's about 8 posts per day on an internet community which I help to fund. Big fucking deal. I can waste 30 posts just ripping cunts like you to pieces then not visit the site for 3 days. That would result in the same average.

Fucking manc central in here today. Very irritating.

Good stats pal, how many positive posts have you done since Rafa's been sacked then? I bet you were a lovely guy/gal until then.

he is a contradiction no doubt, but in fairness your obviously out to ruffle a few feathers, why hes still taking the bait is beyond me as well, 5 years deep and still having the same tired old arguments.

Well, I've been on here under a month and only tried to post positives and this joker keeps popping up with negatives. He's wore than that Dirk Grout guy who never answers my questions about Rafa quitting Inter.

I've really no idea what your argument is or why you're even here. What's your point?

I'm glad you've stopped calling me a cunt or a 14 year old and have started asking me what my point is. Go back to the original post that you decided to but into and come back with a good opinion, then I will discuss my point with you.

I'm glad you've stopped calling me a cunt or a 14 year old and have started asking me what my point is. Go back to the original post that you decided to but into and come back with a good opinion, then I will discuss my point with you.

You missed my point evidently. Think about it, manc.

He is a 'tard of the highest order. The fact that he actually expects people to respond to his inane waffle is laughable.

Well I'd stop if you would just show me the proof of Rafa quitting the Inter Job, come on, it's not too much to ask to finish this off is it? You obviously read my posts and take them to heart other wise you wouldn't have made this buddy making comment.

By the way 'tard? Really? Are you that sad?

No, but it isn't as simpl as that is it?

Yes it is, or it should be.

We made this mistake in 2010. When Benitez was consented there was no one who'd come to the club who was actually better (Pellegrini was the closest but it's arguable he is even his equal) and we paid the price heavily because we were looking for a manager who was English not better.

We are doing exactly the same now, we are not looking for a manager based on ability we are looking for a manager who will work within a system devised by FSG. People who know absolutely nothing about football. The whole process is utterly flawed.

I've used Rafa as an example lets look at another linked.

Is Roberto Martinez better than Louis Van Gaal?

Yes it is, or it should be.

We made this mistake in 2010. When Benitez was consented there was no one who'd come to the club who was actually better (Pellegrini was the closest but it's arguable he is even his equal) and we paid the price heavily because we were looking for a manager who was English not better.

We are doing exactly the same now, we are not looking for a manager based on ability we are looking for a manger who will work within a system devised by FSG. People who know absolutely nothing about football. The whole process is utterly flawed.

I've used Rafa as an example lets look at another linked.

Is Roberto Martinez better than Louis Van Gall?

There's plenty of examples you could use. Ranieri has had talks about the WBA job today, he's a better manager than Martinez. The common denominator with the likes of Benitez, Van Gaal, Ranieri etc is that they've all had the chance to manage top teams so we have a good idea of their ability in that scenario. With Martinez, it's totally unknown.

I don't think we should be targeting him because I don't think he's done anything tangible of note to have even made the shortlist but you can't really compare him to the likes of the managers we've mentioned because there isn't a like for like comparison.

There's plenty of examples you could use. Ranieri has had talks about the WBA job today, he's a better manager than Martinez. The common denominator with the likes of Benitez, Van Gaal, Ranieri etc is that they've all had the chance to manage top teams so we have a good idea of their ability in that scenario. With Martinez, it's totally unknown.

I don't think we should be targeting him because I don't think he's done anything tangible of note to have even made the shortlist but you can't really compare him to the likes of the managers we've mentioned because there isn't a like for like comparison.

Agreed.

But it's the process rather than the manager that has led us to this situation. FSG seem to be infatuated with youth both for players & management and they seem determined to find someone who'll work in their new system. That is all well & good but if good managers are simply being ruled out like Van Gaal, Rafa & Capello for reasons other than their credentials that just seems bizarre to me.

I mean if someone told me when Hodgson left we'd overlook Rafa, Capello & Van Gaal for Roberto Martinez or Brendan Rogers, my first thought would've been fuck me when did Purslow come back?

Agreed.

But it's the process rather than the manager that has led us to this situation. FSG seem to be infatuated with youth both for players & management and they seem determined to find someone who'll work in their new system. That is all well & good but if good managers are simply being ruled out like Van Gaal, Rafa & Capello for reasons other than their credentials that just seems bizarre to me.

I mean if someone told me when Hodgson left we'd overlook Rafa, Capello & Van Gaal for Roberto Martinez or Brendan Rogers, my first thought would've been fuck me when did Purslow come back?

I agree, it's a bizarre process they've adopted and it's a massive gamble. They may actually get it right, that's the beauty of football, you just never know. One thing I would say is that it isn't comparable to Hodgson's appointment and i'm getting a bit annoyed by those comparisons.

Hodgson has managed for 35 years and done nothing of note whereas Martinez is inexperienced. Hodgson's teams play shit football, Martinez encourages an open and arrogant style. The only comparison would be if he fails but we can't comment on that right now.

A simple question.

Is Roberto Martinez a better manager than Rafael Benitez?

No but being better for Liverpool at this point in time is a different argument altogether isn't it in the set-up these owners are looking to have. Martinez suits their profile better so whether Rafa is better is moot really.

Rafa and a possibility of Van Gaal would make Ali v Frazier wars seem like a bunfight. No doubt FSG know that.

I agree, it's a bizarre process they've adopted and it's a massive gamble. They may actually get it right, that's the beauty of football, you just never know. One thing I would say is that it isn't comparable to Hodgson's appointment and i'm getting a bit annoyed by those comparisons.

Hodgson has managed for 35 years and done nothing of note whereas Martinez is inexperienced. Hodgson's teams play shit football, Martinez encourages an open and arrogant style. The only comparison would be if he fails but we can't comment on that right now.

Manager for manager I agree Martinez is just at the beginning of his career whereas Hodgson has fraudulently talked up his CV to a bafflingly (to me anyway) compliant football community.

Where the similarities do appear though is the manner in which they are both appointed and the apparent reasons for each.

That said I don't think he'll receive the same vitriol as Hodgson as he doesn't come across as much as a fuckwit as him and the football we play will be much better.

That said once bitten twice shy and I'd be very apprehensive if he took over.

The big problem with comparing Benitez with anyone is that the Benitez when he first came to Liverpool is a completely different animal to the one that was sacked.

I'd happily take back the one which came here in 2004, but I was very much glad to see the back of the one which left when he did.