You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add my two penn'orth, Andy Carroll has shown recently that there might just be something there. Henderson is young and again shows the odd flash of there being something there. The real criminal for me is Stewart Downing. How he has the balls to come out with some of the garbage that I have heard / read in the past few weeks is beyond my ken. Especially when he is unwilling / unable / incapable of delivering where and when it matters. Oh and we've never won he cup after beating the blues in a semi. That's four times now. Anyway, enough of that, more beer...

Piss poor for 60 mins then battered the twats. You can not play in a FA cup final and only perform for half an hour.

Carroll was a fucking tank when he came on, if we would of had 3 or 4 more players with his attitude today we would of won it.

Chelsea didnt play well, they scored two goals and the game was out of our reach. This was a similar performance to the barcas games, they were ruthless in front of goal as they were today.

For me if you give absolutely everything on the pitch and you know that you couldnt have given me, but still get beat, fair do's. How many of our players can say that today? How many of them will be on the train/plane tonight thinking that they gave everything for the shirt?

Kenny needs to take responsibility for a flawed formation for the first hour that quite simply did not work. He said post-match that Chelsea played exactly as he anticipated, which compounds his error.

Carroll, I have to say, was awesome, totally against my expectation. Once again he demonstrated that when you play to his strengths by pinging it in around the six yard box, he is dangerous. But the failure to take advantage of our star striker’s strength before was bewildering. The message to Kenny is clear – play to his strengths, or don’t bother.

I thought that Henderson played well, as did Johnson. Carroll offered more goal threat than Luis did. Pepe is simply not the keeper he was , being beaten at the near post- again. Spearing was overwhelmed, Gerrard could not get in the game.

This was a game that was lost in the dressing room beforehand. Chelsea had PL points and Munich to think about. Today was it for us. Kenny needed to have us tearing into them form the kick off, letting them know that if they were to win they had to be at full tilt. Instead the early goal reflected a somnambulant start by us, from which we did not wake up until the game was all but lost. Waiting until we are 2-0 down before getting going is not good enough.

Was Andy’s header in or not? From that distance you want it in the back of the net to make sure.

I wrote before that today had our season on a cusp, from double glory, to league anonymity and a LC win against a second tier side whom we could not beat in open play over 120 mins. This is no work in progress, it is a work which is not in progress.

FIFA.com - The Laws of the Game

At which point is that ball all the way over? Never.

It was one of the most incredible saves your ever likely to see.

The reason everybody thought it was in and thats me to at first,is simply because of the power in the header.

Thats why I said its one of th e most incredible saves your ever likely to see.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I'd quite happily punch you in face until my hand fell off.

Well, I guess you could give it a go, you borderline retard.

Shit first half.

Decent second half. Carroll gave us a lift, but then we became too one-dimensional in the end.

Kenny needs to take a lot of the blame (again) for putting out the worst CM in the history of our club, but then again, there's really not much to choose from. The transfers of this summer (Henderson, Downing) come back to haunt us yet again.

Sad day for the club, let's hope we can make some ruthless changes this summer, and rebuild (sigh, again) to get back to (or at least close to) our ways under Rafa. The mindset when we turn up for matches against the other 5-6 sides is one of underdogs, and it's painful to watch. We desperately need footballers with ability on the ball and pace, and those are unfortunately not interested in playing for our once great club, neither are we in signing them it seems:-(

It will be interesting to see what we get in the summer.

Not sure that the finger can be pointed solely at Kenny for the transfers. It has never been clear what role Commolli had in identifying players to be bought. We don't know for sure if there was a policy in the club of buying British up-and-coming players - but a lot of people suspect that there was. Who was behind that? Commolli? FSG?

I think Kenny deserves another roll of the dice then we can judge him.

A big insight into what was going on was Kennys "Downing is better than I thought" statement. Which begs the question - how crap did he really think he was? - and why, then, still buy him?

My suspicion is that Kenny had a transfer policy imposed on him that limited the players he could buy, and the outcome is what we saw on the pitch today.

You trying to tell me that Kenny couldn't think up better players than what Commoli presented to him? We all know he wanted Adam so that can't be pinned on Commoli. Unless he's been living in a cave Kenny should've known how average Downing was and Commoli shouldn't have let the club be held to ransom on Henderson. This whole season has been a cluster fuck and due to having noone at board level who's been part of a successful team no one of authority to make changes or crack some skulls. I don't care where he poaches them from. R.Madrid, Barcelona, Dortmund, Arsenal, I don't care, just get someone in who knows what looking after a big club is all about and put them in charge of finding a new manager and developing a proper strategy.

An irritating and ridiculous thing is that after the Arsenal loss, there seemed to be this notion that the CL was gone and focusing entirely on the cup was the way forward...there were hints of this from Kenny at times and it will be the league run that likely costs him his job. It's been, sadly, disgraceful and Newcastle have shown what a ludicrous idea it was to let ourselves wave the white flag in that way.

I actually enjoyed that goal from Carroll. For the few minutes he was on the pitch, he looked like he wanted a Roy of the Rovers moment. It's too bad he didn't get the second. Anyway, 1 cup and an FA Cup final appearance in a premier league season that has underwhelmed. We have got to move on from this for the sake of next season.

I don't see anything that makes me change my mind. All of the ball has to be over and that is not the case there. Get over it and move on. This is what the media wants to keep the focus on but it's absolutely pointless.

Aye, I know. I'm as disappointed as anyone on here. We'll see what happens over the coming months.