You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agree with the first bit.

I think Kenny has been forced to play Gerrard deep though. Spearing is out of his depth without an established senior player by his side, so he had to take a punt on Gerrard. Preferably it would have been Lucas there next to spearing if we wanted defensive comfort, as Lucas always looks out for both of their positions, very unfortunate he got hurt against those cunts in the LC.

Adam wasn't exactly setting the world alight when he was fit either, the fact that we're crying out for at least him back shows how bad the other two have been.

Thing is they're shit for different reasons. Spearing just isn't good enough but he has some fucking balls, he can do a job when he only has to win the ball back but he cannot win the ball back and provide attacking threat. Henderson has the talent but is a fucking coward thus far into his short career here. Luckily for him he's young but someone needs to show him films of Downing and have him realize that's all he'll ever be if his balls don't drop.

is spot on,Greame souness needs to have a word with our midfield,

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i would have picked them maybe brought maxi in instead of Downing.. but downings an england international and henderson is u21 captain. both of them bottled it although i dont think Henderson was as bad as made out.

Who would you have picked instead?

England internationals in "bottled it" shocker...

Seriously, the fucking MO of the England national team has been bottling it since I was 10 years old and started watching the sport.

Great goal from Carroll, kept his composure and it was a good little cameo. But I hope this doesn't turn into some kind of 'we were robbed' thing, it's petty and untrue. Chelsea never got out of first gear, they didn't need to, and I can't think of a single Liverpool player that stood out. The tragic thing is not just the lack of ability - the midfield is of Championship quality - but the lack of spirit. That's not a team, not on any level.

Absolutely gutless for the first 60 odd minutes. I feel for my kids as my commentary was laden with expletives more for the lack of effort, pathetic attempts at passing and not being able to maintain any possession let alone attack the Chelsea goal. Did we even have one shot in anger in the first half?

Spearing unfortunately has to share some of the blame on the two goals as both started with a mistake from him, but at least he was showing for the ball and trying to do something with it. Subbing him was the right move at the time. The first goal was ridiculous with Enrique being held off the ball by Ramires of all people. Ramires spent more time on the ground from swan dives than he did on the ball. He dives almost as well as Drogba who was feigning injury at every bloody opportunity. Thats some recovery he's got when one minute he has a groin strain that had him receiving treatment for about 2 mins and next thing you know he is back on shielding the ball and holding people off.

Henderson should be nowhere near this club - balls played backwards, to no-one at all or to Chelsea directly. His shooting was dire as well. I think the only thing he excels at is looking gormless. Downing did one thing right, even though he ran the wrong side when the ball was played to him, but he put in a good tackle for the goal - but EVERY other cross was done heads down as they were crosses to no-one including a ball in to the box before there were any Liverpool players in the box. Cole panicked and we got a corner off it, but there was no Liverpool players who could have made contact with that ball. When Downing gets it, you know that nothing is going to happen - its a sinking feeling as soon as he receives the ball.

I personally think the ball was over the line, and we probably would have taken them in extra time. But to be honest, from the way we played for most of the game, we didnt deserve much from this game. Gerrard, Suarez, and Carroll when he came on, where the only ones to come out of this game with any credit. Reina should have saved both goals, but they were half arsed attempts at saves.

Angry at the performance, the result, the fact that Terry is lifting the cup and the fact that Henderson and Downing lasted the whole game. Our subs bench wasnt amazing, but how Bellamy was the one subbed is beyond me. A tiring Bellamy is still more effective than Henderson or Downing. As we were chasing the game, we should have gambled and thrown another attacker (Maxi) on for Henderson. Towards the end Chelsea were bypassing the midfield with clearances anyway.

Fuck me, that is actually in isnt it? Disgraceful.

It was clearly in... Listening to the cunts on the commentary over telling me it can't have bounced straight up into bar if it was in had me livid. The ball didn't bounce straight up the twats one only has to look at the angle cechs hand it hitting it to see that it wouldn't have bounced straight up.

It will be interesting to see what we get in the summer.

Not sure that the finger can be pointed solely at Kenny for the transfers. It has never been clear what role Commolli had in identifying players to be bought. We don't know for sure if there was a policy in the club of buying British up-and-coming players - but a lot of people suspect that there was. Who was behind that? Commolli? FSG?

I think Kenny deserves another roll of the dice then we can judge him.

A big insight into what was going on was Kennys "Downing is better than I thought" statement. Which begs the question - how crap did he really think he was? - and why, then, still buy him?

My suspicion is that Kenny had a transfer policy imposed on him that limited the players he could buy, and the outcome is what we saw on the pitch today.

Fuck me, that is actually in isnt it? Disgraceful.

iTV showed a computer birdseye image. The ball was over the line but they said there was not enough daylight between the ball and line the blithering spastics.

Guest The Chimp
Great goal from Carroll, kept his composure and it was a good little cameo. But I hope this doesn't turn into some kind of 'we were robbed' thing, it's petty and untrue. Chelsea never got out of first gear, they didn't need to, and I can't think of a single Liverpool player that stood out. The tragic thing is not just the lack of ability - the midfield is of Championship quality - but the lack of spirit. That's not a team, not on any level.

Spot on for me. Banana in the post.

igHqNBG8XdsyS.gif

Looks over to me :(

Definitely over.

It's only because the posts seem to be leaning back that creates any doubt.

We had the momentum then and would probably have gone on to win from there.

These decisions change games.

How much luck are Chelsea having atm? Hopefully it runs out in Munich.

Regarding the better team won, i don't think Chelsea did much different the whole game, it was us that changed things and moved up a notch. Apart from their 2 goals, what other chances did they really have?

Edited by gumps

Not sure that the finger can be pointed solely at Kenny for the transfers. It has never been clear what role Commolli had in identifying players to be bought. We don't know for sure if there was a policy in the club of buying British up-and-coming players - but a lot of people suspect that there was. Who was behind that? Commolli? FSG?

A big insight into what was going on was Kennys "Downing is better than I thought" statement. Which begs the question - how crap did he really think he was? - and why, then, still buy him?

My suspicion is that Kenny had a transfer policy imposed on him that limited the players he could buy, and the outcome is what we saw on the pitch today.

OK, lets not blame Dalglish for signings he clearly had influence in and wanted (he said so himself). What about the shit tactics, team selections, results etc. All on Dalglish.

igHqNBG8XdsyS.gif

Looks over to me :(

FIFA.com - The Laws of the Game

Goal scored

A goal is scored when the whole of the ball passes over the goal line, between the goalposts and under the crossbar, provided that no infringement of the Laws of the Game has been committed previously by the team scoring the goal.

At which point is that ball all the way over? Never.

If that Carroll header is in, it's in by a ballhair. Hard to tell either way. But that shouldn't detract from the fact that we were fucking woeful for about an hour of this game. Chelsea were tired and there for the taking but we had no ambition in the first half and let them pass it around us with no pressure on them.

We started playing after we went two down and looked well on top, but that's not good enough. Fucking go for the throat right from the start and put them on the back foot instead of passively defending our own area.

This was a game we could have won but due to lack of belief, individual errors and general all round shitness in the first half, we gave ourselves a mountain to climb.

I'm off to get drunk before I need to face my Chelsea supporting cunt of a friend.

I'll tell you lads that this Geordie boy is one of us. He's taken a massive amount of stick, and rightly so, but he almost made the difference today when a lot of other were invisible.

Jay's a local and Henderson's a fecking waste of massive dosh, but Andy did the shirt proud today.

Kenny has stated more than once that all the signings were his yea?So expect more of the same.