You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Repped for going back four years to bump this thread. This is the kind of commitment to aggro that I can get behind.

Ill be honest. I was waiting for SD to reply on the Starmer thread and my impatience made me hover over his name to see what he was browsing and he was looking at this thread! 

On 28/04/2016 at 19:27, Nelly-Torres said:

Child slaughtering?

Not getting back into it but yeah here is some of the evidence required earlier. Nelly got negged for pointing out that Israel are murdering children. 

On 22/03/2012 at 11:24, silverlining said:

"I want to spend the next four years making sure that every non-muslim in London knows and understands [its] words and message. That will help to cement our city as a beacon that demonstrates the meaning of the words of the Prophet"

The former London mayor described the Prophet’s words in his last sermon as “an agenda for all humanity.”

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Ken Livingstone was talking about using Muhammad as an "agenda for all humanity". Muhammad married a 6 year old. The end.

It seems Livingston was talking about the words of Muhammad; fuck all to do with his marriage. 

It looks like, in your rush to attack a prominent Muslim, you're less committed to accuracy than a cunt who works for the S*n.

It's not a good look. 

21 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It seems Livingston was talking about the words of Muhammad; fuck all to do with his marriage. 

It looks like, in your rush to attack a prominent Muslim, you're less committed to accuracy than a cunt who works for the S*n.

It's not a good look. 

So you're saying we shouldn't conflate the liberal ideas of Cyril Smith with his sexual predilections?

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

There's a small chance some of us believe that "marrying" a 6 year old girl might ever so slightly impinge upon anything else a person might do.

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

There's a small chance some of us believe that "marrying" a 6 year old girl might ever so slightly impinge upon anything else a person might do.

The fuck is that even supposed to mean?

If Muhammad had said "Right, everyone - let's fuck some kids!" and Livingstone had said "We should all definitely do that" you might have a point.

Richard II married an 8 year-old when he was 29... and yet you're happy enough to defend the UK monarchy.  What is your specific problem with Muslims?

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The fuck is that even supposed to mean?

If Muhammad had said "Right, everyone - let's fuck some kids!" and Livingstone had said "We should all definitely do that" you might have a point.

Richard II married an 8 year-old when he was 29... and yet you're happy enough to defend the UK monarchy.  What is your specific problem with Muslims?

Not wanting to speak for Stronts it’s the fact that it’s acknowledged that he married a child (which was indeed common throughout the world then) but he’s also claimed to be beyond criticism so therefore marrying a kid is ok. You all seems to be perfectly happy with the concept of criticism of Israel isn’t criticism of Jews.  Criticism of Islam isnt criticism of all Muslims.  If a bunch of Muslims get together and build a state based on the teachings of Muhammad, and that involves sex slaves, beheadings, throwing gays off roofs, murder of the ‘wrong’ type of Muslim then surely it’s ok to think he may have been a bit of a wrong ‘un?  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Not wanting to speak for Stronts it’s the fact that it’s acknowledged that he married a child (which was indeed common throughout the world then) but he’s also claimed to be beyond criticism so therefore marrying a kid is ok. You all seems to be perfectly happy with the concept of criticism of Israel isn’t criticism of Jews.  Criticism of Islam isnt criticism of all Muslims.  If a bunch of Muslims get together and build a state based on the teachings of Muhammad, and that involves sex slaves, beheadings, throwing gays off roofs, murder of the ‘wrong’ type of Muslim then surely it’s ok to think he may have been a bit of a wrong ‘un?  

Are there really parallels to be drawn there?

People who criticise Apartheid Israel aren't even criticising all Israelis - never mind all Jews - and certainly not Judaism itself.

People who criticise abhorrent practices by the Governments of (for example) Iran and Saudi Arabia aren't criticising all Saudis or Iranians and certainly not Islam itself.

People who bang on about the Prophet marrying a child and keep dropping innuendos that all the Prophet's followers - all 1.9 billion of them around the world - must somehow be OK with paedophilia cross a line into Tommy Two-names territory.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Are there really parallels to be drawn there?

People who criticise Apartheid Israel aren't even criticising all Israelis - never mind all Jews - and certainly not Judaism itself.

People who criticise abhorrent practices by the Governments of (for example) Iran and Saudi Arabia aren't criticising all Saudis or Iranians and certainly not Islam itself.

People who bang on about the Prophet marrying a child and keep dropping innuendos that all the Prophet's followers - all 1.9 billion of them around the world - must somehow be OK with paedophilia cross a line into Tommy Two-names territory.

Of course they don’t think being a fiddler is ok, but the over riding view is that he is beyond any criticism and that the religion itself is beyond criticism.  We all take the piss out of Scientology for example as it’s blatantly fucking bollocks.  Just like riding on a winged horse and splitting the moon or rising from the dead is bollocks. 

can you name anyone, anywhere who criticises Islam who isn’t an ‘Islamaphobe’?  It’s a knee jerk reaction.  

22 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

As far as I'm concerned, of course. Each to their own, as long as nobody is getting chucked off roofs etc.

I kind of agree. I’m an atheist, have been for most of my life. I believe humanity should have outgrown religion by now.. but but I do acknowledge religion or faith does tend to play an important role in those less educated and less fortunate, and I’m okay with that. Who am I to tell them otherwise? Although If I’m to be completely honest, I tend to get weirded out by religious people, but in the same way as I do with nationalists or patriots.

33 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Of course they don’t think being a fiddler is ok, but the over riding view is that he is beyond any criticism and that the religion itself is beyond criticism.  We all take the piss out of Scientology for example as it’s blatantly fucking bollocks.  Just like riding on a winged horse and splitting the moon or rising from the dead is bollocks. 

can you name anyone, anywhere who criticises Islam who isn’t an ‘Islamaphobe’?  It’s a knee jerk reaction.  

It's not a knee-jerk reaction to call racists racist.  Stronts, of course, is aware of the harmful power of anti-Semitic tropes and (presumably) must be aware that other racist tropes are equally harmful.