You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone else fucking tired of having to defend Luis?

Alex Gibbo

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in agreement with the way the whole affair has been handled by both sides and I'm perfectly entitled to think that way. I just think Kenny didin't need to say that as it detracts from what's going on on the pitch. Look at the BBC website and a lot of others; that comment got more headlines than the game itself. Now that's largely down to the media seizing upon a bit of a story but they don't need an open invitation to jump on something like that so don't provide it to them.

Everything in life does not fit into neat boxes.

Luis is a very good footballer. He was hired to score goals , not for his contribution to racial harmony. Kenny has just got to get on with managing the situation, Luis has to get some goals, everyone will be happy.

Kenny’s comments did beg questions. I thought that the club had decided to shut this affair down by not appealing? In which case why is Kenny still talking about it? I thought that Ayre was in charge of the Club, yet he says nothing, and Kenny is. It wasn’t clever, all that his comments do are antagonise the FA for the next time around.

If Kenny wants to back his players, good on him, he merely spoke what most of us feel.

On an organisational basis though, the lack of PR, Owner, MD co-ordination which was part of the original problem has clearly not gone away.

Never mind us hand wringing over Luis catching Biggles in the midriff - what about the growing reputation of Britain's (not Wales') latest golden boy Gareth Bale? I'm not referring to his obvious talent but to his propensity to 'dive all over the place' (to quote someone who's name escapes me) and to scream like a diva when he gets found out.

Last night wasn't the first time he's clearly simulated a dive and yet strangely the British star doesn't seem to have gained a reputation amongst the media and pundits as being anything less than wholehearted and honest.

In the light of some of the disproportionate criticism aimed at Suarez it deserves to be pointed out each time he and others in the game do it without getting called by the pundits and I would love Kenny to come out and say something like 'it was very difficult for the referee out there with that Bale diving all over the place' but he has more class.

Maybe he's saving it for saturday when Nani Welbeck Evra et al go in search of penalty number 5 in 3 games.

It is getting that way......i think thats the trouble, he's beginining to believe his own hype....hero worshipped already, but his goals to games ratio isn't good...making the headlines for all the wrong reasons imo so can see what Alex means...

Lets us not forget this is the same player who took a bite out of someones ear in Holland...

Needs to calm down a touch...

Smart money? A red card at Old trafford if not careful

You don't even know the facts, so fuck off with your shit. He didn't bite his ear.

Suarez works his balls off every minute he's on teh pitch and has done fuck all intentionally wrong since joinings us, except give Fulham fans the finger, which everyone gets away with these days.

So you think Suarez did nothing wrong whatsoever? I despair at the low level of intelligence of some of our blinkered fans at times. Whilst there are things that I don't agree with about the conduct of the enquiry you can't erase the fact that Suarez did something wrong and should answer for that.

I agree, particularly at fans such as yourself who, despite obviously having never read the FA report, have a go at the fans who stand behind what they genuinely believe is an innocent man....

With the wrongful praise of Ginsoak earlier about his high morals and impeccable behavior through all of this, you sound like a manc

Never mind us hand wringing over Luis catching Biggles in the midriff - what about the growing reputation of Britain's (not Wales') latest golden boy Gareth Bale? I'm not referring to his obvious talent but to his propensity to 'dive all over the place' (to quote someone who's name escapes me) and to scream like a diva when he gets found out.

Last night wasn't the first time he's clearly simulated a dive and yet strangely the British star doesn't seem to have gained a reputation amongst the media and pundits as being anything less than wholehearted and honest.

In the light of some of the disproportionate criticism aimed at Suarez it deserves to be pointed out each time he and others in the game do it without getting called by the pundits and I would love Kenny to come out and say something like 'it was very difficult for the referee out there with that Bale diving all over the place' but he has more class.

Maybe he's saving it for saturday when Nani Welbeck Evra et al go in search of penalty number 5 in 3 games.

He really should and then name Young, Rooney, Nani and Wellbeck as they are all in the top 10 table for PL divers.... (Probably occupies the top 3 with some distance)

I agree, particularly at fans such as yourself who, despite obviously having never read the FA report, have a go at the fans who stand behind what they genuinely believe is an innocent man....

With the wrongful praise of Ginsoak earlier about his high morals and impeccable behavior through all of this, you sound like a manc

I've read all 115 pages of the report. If you need a hand reading it let me know it contains a few big words that you won't find in your 'Spot the Dog' books...

On the Ferguson thing, that's it you've rumbled me Sherlock - I'm a Manc. Well that's obvious isn't it as I don't share the same view as you so i must be.

Gary Riley has to be a WUM.

I'm getting sick of people questioning Kenny about his support of Suarez, the acceptance in the media that the whole trial was fair and just, that probability is accepted as a way of charging people with something as serious as racism.

Kenny has very right to keep pushing this and I reckon your going to see a legal challenge by the club in the not too near future. Suarez has been turned into a hate figure by our very own FA, Evra, Fergie and the good old British Media.

I bet you if John Terry was foreign he would have had the same treatment.

This country is as racist as they come. The irony and hypocrisy is unbelievable an believable at the same time.

Our very own fan are actually beginning to fall or the lies and bullshit spouted about Suarez, Kenny and the club.

Some of you just never learn.

Remember what Suarez admitted to saying and what he was found guilty of saying are two entirely different things.

AND No-one apologizes when accused of calling someone a nigger when not even the guy leveling the accusation admits he called him a nigger.

Of course you can over-simplify and over-generalize your way to supporting just about any position, but in this case this one is best left in the past.

Piscinin, am i right in thinking that suarez actually called him a negrito as opposed to nigger ?

Anyone remember Souness when he punched the Steau player in 84?

The day you start criticising players because they are imperfect is the day you should fuck off and watch Bowls. Keane, Cantona, Ronaldo, Rooney, Ince, Scholes, all loved by the mancs, all lauded over by the media, despite their various acts of thuggery, and Rudolph and Best despite their racist indiscretions!

They, the media and every other no mark fan of a fucking no mark club can all fuck off.

Gary Riley has to be a WUM.

I'm getting sick of people questioning Kenny about his support of Suarez, the acceptance in the media that the whole trial was fair and just, that probability is accepted as a way of charging people with something as serious as racism.

Kenny has very right to keep pushing this and I reckon your going to see a legal challenge by the club in the not too near future. Suarez has been turned into a hate figure by our very own FA, Evra, Fergie and the good old British Media.

I bet you if John Terry was foreign he would have had the same treatment.

This country is as racist as they come. The irony and hypocrisy is unbelievable an believable at the same time.

Our very own fan are actually beginning to fall or the lies and bullshit spouted about Suarez, Kenny and the club.

Some of you just never learn.

Correct.

Big cull needed in the FF.

Correct.

Seeing as 99% of fans haven't read the report, I've found it easiest to fall back to enthusiastically applauding every FA decision that negatively affects their team. When pushed, I point out that the FA's process in the Suarez affair was overlooked, so why should I do any different?

People are quick to take their word as gospel on that allegation, but will lambast them as incompetent days later.

When did we start giving a fuck what anyone else's fans think? Did I miss a meeting or something?

I'll tell you what. Let's fucking sell Suarez and then maybe the Q.P.R fans will like us a bit more. Is this the sort of thing we need to start doing? Really?

I'm not bored of defending him and I'll never get bored of defending him, (until he goes somewhere else, obviously), and I'm praying he stays with us for fucking years.

He's a vicious, snarling, cheating, Parker-hoofing twat who quite patently doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks of him and I fucking love him for it.

Fuck Man United, fuck Evra and fuck every single away fan who comes to Anfield with their paltry fucking collection of medals that their mediocre fucking team has collected over the years.

I hope he ends up being the most hated player this league's ever seen.

I think you've wrapped up most of it there.

Correct. Anyone with a different opinion from norm is not welcome here!

Why Tom, whoever would have thought to see you on a thread about the path of least resistance? ;)

It's pathetic how hacks now treat twitter as a 'news' source. Every time some daft idiot sits at home, probably covered in ale and crisps, and taps out some inane observation while watching the footie, a mass of lazy sports hacks try to turn it into a 'story'.

southpark.jpg

What Suarez has or hasn't done is pretty minor in the grand scheme of Premiership cuntery. Did Roy Keane, the darling of footy journos everywhere, not admit to deliberately trying to break someone's leg?

[YOUTUBE]jzEGkmY-Vio[/YOUTUBE]

Or Cantona earning the title of 'flawed genius' for kicking a fan in the chest. What about the laundry list of twattery Bergkamp pulled off in his time when it comes to sly digs at players? And as for diving - don't make me laugh, Suarez isn't even in the top 20.

Rooney is an animal and philandering cunt and yet his mug will grace FIFA posters for years to come.

Whether you're a saint or a sinner, a 'hard man who embodies the bulldog spirit' or a 'sly foreign cunt' all depends on the football reporter in question - and the hold a particular manager has over him at that time in question, it really is as simple as that. For whatever reason, Liverpool has always been a soft target for shit like this. Just ask Fowler.

Major Tom is someone who seemed to take a contrary view on this matter. He's entitled to his opinion (though I didn't agree with it) and he took an awful lot of stick. He PM'd me last week about my thoughts on the Suarez matter because I'd posted something about how I kept it to the MF where it wouldn't get swamped by replies to the latest outrageous Twittering by the likes of Holt and so on. Maybe Major Tom's been a bit busy this week, but he's certainly been less vocal about it since I PM'd him back as requested.

So Major, if you're reading this, can you copy my PM'd reply to this thread as I seem to have deleted it by mistake.

Yours,

Ground Control.

For whatever reason, Liverpool has always been a soft target for shit like this. Just ask Fowler.

Tommy Smith, Joey Jones, Souness and McMahon, Jimmy Case, Gerry Byrne - all earned their place as respected "no-nonsense" Red heroes, respected throughout the land.

Suarez hasn't even played a full season for us yet.

I rate Suarez the player, we are better as a team with him.Time will distill his eventual LFC and English football status.

Tommy Smith, Joey Jones, Souness and McMahon, Jimmy Case, Gerry Byrne - all earned their place as respected "no-nonsense" Red heroes, respected throughout the land.

Suarez hasn't even played a full season for us yet.

I rate Suarez the player, we are better as a team with him.Time will distill his eventual LFC and English football status.

I'm talking more the media free for all. LFC has never had a handle on it in my lifetime. The mancs, in contrast, can even get the nationals to sit on stories, such as when Ronaldo was kicking off during a Munich memorial press conference because he had 'places to be', a story the entire press pack sat on for months until Ferguson decided he wanted rid and gave them the okay to push the button.