You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone else fucking tired of having to defend Luis?

Alex Gibbo

I believe this is what this gentleman has done here.

I will wait to see if I am right or wrong.

But I would just like to say this' date=' whilst not directing it at anybody in particular, but this Xerxes guys post is one of the reasons why I will never be fucking tired of defending Luis Suarez against ignorant shit stirrers who think they are smarter than everyone else with their snidey little digs and complete and utter bollocks agendas. I mean what this Xerxes guys post here looks like to me is a hand grenade designed to wind people up, if you are going to claim that an interview will come as a blow to someone please in future try to include the content of said interview in your comment.

Again I cannot stress enough that this post is not directed at anybody in particular.[/quote']

Aye. Xerxes, stop being a sanctamonious cunt!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Chimp
¿Cuántos aquí hablan español?

i have a few Venezualan friends and run a lot of things by them in regards to interviews etc. My Spanish isn't the best to be honest, but that's why I cross reference things with those who are Spanish-speaking/South American. People who are impartial and much better placed to let me know what's actually been said than some agenda-driven journalist.

Guest The Chimp
Estoy un estudio de la lengua y ayuda si me escriba

Was your Doctorate in linguistics then Moof or Latin studies, Latin related? Or is the interest a consequence of where you live and the Hispanic influence in south Florida mate?

Was your Doctorate in linguistics then Moof or Latin studies, Latin related? Or is the interest a consequence of where you live and the Hispanic influence in south Florida mate?

I have a place in Mexico, mate and planning to move out there in the next few years. Thought it would be better to learn the basics before moving out there full time (though the local dialect takes a passenger seat in the area i'm moving to, unfortunately. Lot of Americans/Europeans). I already speak a few languages so I thought learning Español would be a doddle but it's not as easy as I thought, plugging away though!

How's life on the gold coast treating you??

Guest ShoePiss
I can't help but think this Xerxes character gets off on the smell of his own farts. He seems to argue the toss in every thread and act as some sort of moral crusader and act like he's above everyone else, despite the fact that he appears to be wrong quite a lot.

[YOUTUBE]OM9jhGiIAFM[/YOUTUBE]

Seriously, what the fuck is up with that? Fuck Maddock, fuck this country, it's the most racist developed nation earth by a long, long way.

This country is most racist developed nation? Christ, what a drama queen. Trust me it's not. Not even close. Travel more and pontificate less is my advice.

That article is shit stirring for coverage at the most basic level. And coverage it will be getting.

Guest ShoePiss
This country is most racist developed nation? Christ, what a drama queen. Trust me it's not. Not even close. Travel more and pontificate less is my advice.

That article is shit stirring for coverage at the most basic level. And coverage it will be getting.

This bit goes beyond basic shit stirring for me :- "Suarez may find his latest comments on the situation will arouse the interest of the FA"

Well known already but he's a cunt for that comment.

This bit goes beyond basic shit stirring for me :- "Suarez may find his latest comments on the situation will arouse the interest of the FA"

Well known already but he's a cunt for that comment.

Yeah. It's out of order. But it's also wrong. The FA won't give it two glances becasue it's out of context.

I really don't see the point in continually reading, let alone posting, these articles. What purpose does it serve? It's like the kid who keeps kicking the fridge who then asks why he keeps breaking his toe.

I am not telling anyone what to do but, for the life of me, I can't see any value in reading the press over this Suarez issue. We are not going to like what we read.

Shut up xerxes.

You miss the point spectacularly.

Luis was found guilty by the FA after a round of own goals.He never should have been.We ostensibly elected to shut this down by electing not to appeal.Instead, the same indiscipline which got us into trouble in the first place is still apparent.

IF the Club wants/wanted to shut this down there should have been/be a policy of no further comment. If that was not the case, we should have appealed.

It is one thing to understandably vent emotion, it is another to act professionally.

There always have been two audiences for this affair,L6, and the world at large.As a worldwide club we have a duty to act professionally. we are not Millwall or Leeds, "No one likes us we don't care" is not what LFC is about. make no mistake that in the Shankly/Paisley/ Robinson years our image was carefully crafted, protected and managed.

It is pointless protesting injustice, when simultaneously ignoring those same factors which have contributed to it.

Guest The Chimp
I have a place in Mexico, mate and planning to move out there in the next few years. Thought it would be better to learn the basics before moving out there full time (though the local dialect takes a passenger seat in the area i'm moving to, unfortunately. Lot of Americans/Europeans). I already speak a few languages so I thought learning Español would be a doddle but it's not as easy as I thought, plugging away though!

How's life on the gold coast treating you??

Sorry mate, I remember now about the place in Mexico, best of luck with that. The Goldie is fine. I miss home and will be back next Summer for six months as I feel I need to spend time with mine and the Mrs family - no guilt placed on us by anyone, just think it's the right thing to do. After that we'll come back here. There are a lot worse places to be.

Piscinin, am i right in thinking that suarez actually called him a negrito as opposed to nigger ?

He admitted to using the word 'negro' not 'negrito' to Evra in the same way that Hernandez does to him at United.

Anybody got an actual link to this Uruguayan radio interview,in full and not just selected parts?

We could have done with the linguistics professor from Uruguay who lives in the US to give us a full and proper translation as he did from the Suarez case.

I would prefer this than the shite hawk journos from the likes of the daily manc who probably used a 15yr old spanish GCSE student to translate theirs in return for 4 cans of Stella.

As you can see from that video, its clearly Ledley King's fault. Suarez gives Parker a nudge out of the way and King bumps him back into the path of Luis's stirring side-volley attempt to win the match...

Exactly. Should have been a penalty.

Anybody got an actual link to this Uruguayan radio interview,in full and not just selected parts?

Untitled Document

I don't think that there is any dispute about what he said.

My concern is that the Club still has not got a grip on media and PR. Having monumentally fucked up first time, I had fondly imagined that Ayre had learned his lesson, apparently not.

I don't blame Luis at all, ask him a question and he will give an answer. I do blame the Club. The lingering questions remain. Who IS in control? And are they doing their job properly?

Untitled Document

My concern is that the Club still has not got a grip on media and PR. Having monumentally fucked up first time, I had fondly imagined that Ayre had learned his lesson, apparently not.

I don't blame Luis at all, ask him a question and he will give an answer. I do blame the Club. The lingering questions remain. Who IS in control? And are they doing their job properly?

That link doesn't work??

And I think the proper translation has been posted from above, and its much different to the hand picked quotes that have found their way into the Dave Maddock's article.

I agree that the club are struggling with PR and the main problem seems to be that Ian Ayre is being asked to run the whole club and he doesn't seem to be handling it very well, as there are some obvious chinks in his armoury and he doesn't seem suited to such a high profile role, especially with seemingly such little support from any experienced heads.

Guest ShoePiss
Untitled Document

I don't know about you but I'm still getting over the blow from the radio interview after all the support I gave him.

I agree that the club are struggling with PR and the main problem seems to be that Ian Ayre is being asked to run the whole club and he doesn't seem to be handling it very well, as there are some obvious chinks in his armoury and he doesn't seem suited to such a high profile role, especially with seemingly such little support from any experienced heads.

I agree, and it seems that FSG do too.

Brian Barwick is being brought in (see other thread) in an "advisory" role.

His knowledge of the FA would have prevented the shambles we all endured.

His knowledge of the UK media would have managed the situation far more effectively.

His organisational and strategic skills were just what was required.

It should be an interesting report.