You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

We can obviously write off the chances of getting Hazard, Cavani, Hulk etc. Even if we get 4th I very much doubt we will have the kind of money to spend that they will cost. I expect we will still be looking at the likes of Sinclair, Hoilett, De Jong, Teixiera and so on. Luckily the defense is fine so we don't have to do anything there. We just have to make sure we get value for money and bring in creativity and goals.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of murmerings of us looking at James McCarthy from Wigan.

Apparently we've watched them on a couple of occassions and with both Kenny and Comolli present. Watched them recently also but we are playing them next week, so it'd make sense. However, Comolli's attendance suggests we were looking at somebody.

We better not fucking sign James McCarthy from Wigan.

Couple of murmerings of us looking at James McCarthy from Wigan.

Apparently we've watched them on a couple of occassions and with both Kenny and Comolli present. Watched them recently also but we are playing them next week, so it'd make sense. However, Comolli's attendance suggests we were looking at somebody.

We better not fucking sign James McCarthy from Wigan.

He's only sort-of British, so that's already an improvement...

Balague was saying after the Barca game we are looking closely at Tello's situation at Barca and he's available for 10 million euros if he doesn't renew his contract

He seems to be able to put the ball in the net, which is needed. I can't see Barca letting him go though. Also, I'd assume that there'd be a few other suitors, so it'd be hard to bring him here.

He seems to be able to put the ball in the net, which is needed. I can't see Barca letting him go though. Also, I'd assume that there'd be a few other suitors, so it'd be hard to bring him here.

Perhaps the Segura and Borrell connection might swing it if they worked with him as a youngster?

They seem to do a lot of deals with a "Buy Back" clause for their kids, Thiago at AC and the lad at Chelsea and I'm sure there are others.. So I don't think they would be too adverse to the idea especially if they have Neymar joining in the summer.

They seem to do a lot of deals with a "Buy Back" clause for their kids, Thiago at AC and the lad at Chelsea and I'm sure there are others.. So I don't think they would be too adverse to the idea especially if they have Neymar joining in the summer.

Zero chance of Barca selling Thiago. He is defo still a Barca player

A top class right wing, and a top class striker. That is all i want, and is all we really need i think. Central midfield is strong, and i think we can all agree our defence is strong enough.

Also squad players to replace whoever leaves this summer.

I really don't watch football other than our games anymore, so I don't really know who's what or who's great on the continent anymore, so im going to read threads read the most common names that come up pray for that player and when we don't get them ask what the fuck is going on and who the fuck is in charge.

Fingers crossed for cavani and hazard.

A top class right wing, and a top class striker. That is all i want, and is all we really need i think. Central midfield is strong, and i think we can all agree our defence is strong enough.

Also squad players to replace whoever leaves this summer.

In a perfect world we need a top class attacking/creative centre midfielder and another centre back to go along with what you have said.