You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which Striker Should We Get In January?

Guest LFD

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fletcher is one of those strikers who would absolutely flop for us, i'm certain of it. Ideally, if we're going to dip into the transfer market for a striker in January (personally I don't think we will anyway) then it would be for someone with some top class pedigree, like David Villa (not saying we could get him but that's the type of player we should be looking at).

If Torres hadn't been a massive wanker then we'd probably be top of the league now.

Fletcher is one of those strikers who would absolutely flop for us, i'm certain of it. Ideally, if we're going to dip into the transfer market for a striker in January (personally I don't think we will anyway) then it would be for someone with some top class pedigree, like David Villa (not saying we could get him but that's the type of player we should be looking at).

If Torres hadn't been a massive wanker then we'd probably be top of the league now.

Agreed, he's only just started winning Wolves fans over. Definitely not the answer though he's on a decent run.

You're probably right there. If we're going to bother signing anyone then it will hopefully be someone top class. It's a question of whether the board will sanction a move for someone like that after spending £35 million on Carroll.

I don't know if his name has been mentioned here already, but I wish we'd saved some of the Torres money and gone for Falcao in the summer. I can't profess to be an expert on his game, mainly from a few Europa League games I saw last season, but he seemed to have everything and would have been perfect up front with Suarez, I think. 10 in 16 for Atletico Madrid so far this season.

I also think Suarez would score more if we had another real goal threat in the box for defenders to worry about. It should definitely be our top priority.

I don't know if his name has been mentioned here already, but I wish we'd saved some of the Torres money and gone for Falcao in the summer. I can't profess to be an expert on his game, mainly from a few Europa League games I saw last season, but he seemed to have everything and would have been perfect up front with Suarez, I think. 10 in 16 for Atletico Madrid so far this season.

I also think Suarez would score more if we had another real goal threat in the box for defenders to worry about. It should definitely be our top priority.

I thought the same...he can actually head the ball aswell. He is quality. Way out of our price range now considering the amount he went for to athletico

Thats who ive been wishing we signed instead of Carroll because hes the exact type of striker we need , like you i only caught a few games last season but he looked a proper goalscorer and his goal stats back it up.

i was quite excited by Carroll but that excitement has long drained out of me and the reality has kicked in.

The worst thing about Andy is, when I'm drunk, like right now.

I think to myself, hold on a fucking second, I know theres an absolute beast of a player locked away in there( I've said it on many an occasion on here).

But then I watch him play and I think "Ok, hes done alright, but it just doesn't seem to be clicking".

I've spent alot of time criticizing him, not sticking the boot in, but basically saying I don't think hes working out.

But I'm pissed right now. And I think to myself, I don't want to give up on him.

Deep down inside me, my gut is telling me this lad can be a fucking contender.

I'm torn between the believer inside of me who knows the lad is a monster of a player if we unlock that monster

and... the guy whos watched him so far this year and is thinking "Christ this isn't working".

But fuck it, tonight, I think to myself, I want to give him more time. I believe he can do it. I just desperately hope more than anything he starts scoring. It would really make me happy if he starts banging them in. Might sound a bit silly, but if he starts scoring regularly I'll fucking cry tears of joy.

I said the same about Heskey, the same about Babel...

Now Carroll probably has until the end of the season to prove to us he is good enough. He might get longer, as Kenny bought him and might think he can unleash the beast of the player we all hope. But I would rather we cut our losses and brought in someone who will deliver and suit playing with the other attakcing players we have and pass and move football.

A few goals won't change my mind. He can score a few tap ins, that won't convince me or others that he is the right striker to partner Suarez in the future. What he has to do is show he can be a real threat to the opposition by using his strength, ability in the air etc and become a real handful - just like Drogba has been for Chelsea over the years. Carroll will never be quick and skillful like Suarez, but he can be a Drogba or Viduka type of player - or that is the type of player he should be trying to become.