You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which Striker Should We Get In January?

Guest LFD

I think we need a striker in January.

Dave said we have hit the woodwork 14 times already this season. We have seen Downing, Carroll, Kuyt, Henderson and Suarez all miss far too many easy chances.

Only Bellamy and Maxi seem to be clinical at the moment.

So who can we feasibly get?

Anelka? - Short term option.

Torres? - Would you want him back? Would Kenny?

Henry on loan? MLS seaosn is finished.

Soldado?

Higuian?

WHO?

If this team had a Fowler, Owen, Torres or Rush in their pomp we'd easily be top four.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went on youtube to have a look at him after you said that.

He does look brilliant and I like it how most of his goals are inside the box and six yard box.

He is the type of finisher we need.

Anelka - He's going to some Chinese fucking club.

Torres - Past it. He's going to his old club back Atletico. He'll die there and they'll make a statue of him outside the stadium.

Henry - Past it. He's enjoying life in the States. Play for fun.

Soldado - Decent player, would want him but would cost around 15mil.

Higuian - Why would Mourinho sell him? Argentine regular NT player, scoring goals every now and then for Madrid, great player. No chance.

We should get Miroslav Klose from Lazio. A cheeky bid would do. I bet he would want to play in the Premiership before he retires. A calm presence up front, score goals, assists, great in headers, can hold the ball up and have the experience we needed.

Klose is a decent shout for the short term.

I'd rather we went for Soldado and went for the long term answer though, he looks more mobile and lively, which suit suit Suarez and our style as well.

They have no need to sell him yet, he's also essential for them as the back up is only Aduriz and Jonas who aren't prolific goalscorers. Their financial situation is still dodgy yet they can probably hold off until the summer as there would more likely be competition for him then.

Guest ShoePiss

Torres isn't finished, played the right way he'll be fine but there's no way he'll be coming back. I doubt Kenny would be interested and I doubt we could afford him. I'd swap him for Carroll plus 10m in an instant though.

I'd be happy with Anelka on a short term deal but he's not going to be a prolific goalscorer, he'll chip in with goals and link up well in the final third. He'd be a free transfer which would help.

Send Carroll out on loan and bring in Anelka.

Klose is a decent shout for the short term.

I'd rather we went for Soldado and went for the long term answer though, he looks more mobile and lively, which suit suit Suarez and our style as well.

Saldado is almost a like similar player to Suarez. We wouldn't and don't need similar player like Suarez, what we need is someone who is capable of holding the ball up front, strong, can bring others into play, calm and score goals. In other words someone who compliment Suarez and Bellamy up front. Someone like Pavlyuchenko and Dzeko.

Klose can do that.

Klose? 10 league goals in the past 3 years. Thats 55 games.

Klose makes Carroll look prolific.

Next

That is Carroll's stats. Below are Klose stats.

Lazio 2011: Played 12 scored 8 goals

Bayern Munich 2007 - 2011: Played 149 scored 52 goals.

Would help if you start watching a bit more football outside the Premier League.

Saldado is almost a like similar player to Suarez. We wouldn't and don't need similar player like Suarez, what we need is someone who is capable of holding the ball up front, strong, can bring others into play, calm and score goals. In other words someone who compliment Suarez and Bellamy up front. Someone like Pavlyuchenko and Dzeko.

Klose can do that.

Hello Miroslav.

Really though, Soldado is nothing like Suarez.

Torres isn't finished, played the right way he'll be fine but there's no way he'll be coming back. I doubt Kenny would be interested and I doubt we could afford him. I'd swap him for Carroll plus 10m in an instant though.

I'd be happy with Anelka on a short term deal but he's not going to be a prolific goalscorer, he'll chip in with goals and link up well in the final third. He'd be a free transfer which would help.

Send Carroll out on loan and bring in Anelka.

Anelka is going to some Chinese club, Shuanhuang if i'm not mistaken. He'll retire there and eat noodles all his life.