You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which Striker Should We Get In January?

Guest LFD

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why selective stats?? Just because it suit your nonsensical argument??

So only league goals counts as a proper goal? How about cup games goals? How about Europa goals? How about Champions League goals? How about the season in 08-09 and 07-08 where he scored 41 league goals??

Please smash your keyboard and throw it out of your window because it ain't doing you good.

And currently he has 10 goals in 15 games in all competitions for Lazio. So he is scoring goals and loads of them in a physical Serie snore league.

Now, please sit down.

Seriously. Im annoyed im even having to respond to your utter drivel. Please pipe down and admit you are wrong, you'll look less of an idiot for it.

Its ironic that you claim im manipulating stats to suit the argument - thats exactly what your fucking doing. This is a thread about a striker - one who could help us regain our place at Europe's top table by securing a top 4 place in the league. By doing this you need to win league games, and to win these you need to score league goals - so why in fucks name is it so hard to understand why im looking at the league record of the player in question? Who gives a flying fuck if he can score goals against a team of part time factory workers in the German cup or FC Mentalist in the Europa League - its completely and utterly irrelevant. What is relevant is if the player in question can score goals week in, week out in the League - and Klose has a poor record, which is exactly the point i was making.

And just to compound your misery you've put on here for, the world to see, just how utterly clueless you are by claiming Klose scored 41 league goals in 07/08 and 08/09. If you look a bit closer you might see he scored 10 league goals in 07/08 and 10 league goals in 08/09. Where the fuck your getting 41 from i dont know - but his over all record for Bayern, IN THE FUCKING LEAGUE, is 24 goals in his 4 seasons. Hardly prolific stuff - which led to me questioning why people would want him here - besides the fact he's 33 years old.

Now please follow your own advice and throw your keyboard out of the window, as its clearly not doing you any good. Then sit down. Thanks.

Seriously. Im annoyed im even having to respond to your utter drivel. Please pipe down and admit you are wrong, you'll look less of an idiot for it.

Don't bother trying to reason with this lunatic. He's been trolling 6CM and Koptalk for years. I can only assume he's finnaly been booted from 6CM given his recent registration here.

He is a mental annoying cunt and has a roaming IP address as slippery as an eel. I would imagine that he will not survive Usher's ban stick for very long.

Or will we buy one at all?

Buying CL quality in Jan with no guarantee of CL football will be difficult, and the competition for goalscorers at that time of year is fierce.Suarez was a gamble that paid , Carroll one that has not(yet),in a punt that was almost £60m strong.

Guest davelfc

Kenny won't show his hand, he knows we have 8 league games, 2 carling cup games and an FA cup game before the window closes. He wants his strikers having full confidence going into the xmas period.

It would be better for everyone if the goals started going in with the chances we are making, obviously.

Carroll to Newcastle for £15m, Torres to Liverpool for £30m . Newcastle gains £20m, Chelsea lose £20m, we've lost nothing and we get one of the most feared strike forces through world football.

Torres and Suarez would tear teams apart, it seems like it’s literally a match made in heaven which is obviously the reason we went in for Suarez in the first place. Plus on a more selfish note, singing both the Torres song and Suarez song at away games would be fun.

No ta.

Some things can't be forgiven

If he came back, and I say this as something I’ve just conjured up in my head there’s absolutely no substance behind it what so ever.

But yeah if he did come back, he’d say the Chelsea officials made him say all those things. I’d know he was lying, accept it and continue to love him like I did in the past when he’s banging 20+ goals a season in again.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If he came back, and I say this as something I’ve just conjured up in my head there’s absolutely no substance behind it what so ever.

But yeah if he did come back, he’d say the Chelsea officials made him say all those things. I’d know he was lying, accept it and continue to love him like I did in the past when he’s banging 20+ goals a season in again.

He's forever tainted.

I've seen nothing since seeing he left, to suggest there is anything there anymore. Im not saying he's lost what he once had - but something is very wrong, and im glad its someone else's problem to find out what it is.

I could overlook the comments he's made since he's left - but my firm stance on his return would be based entirely on the 6 months football he played for us before he buggered off. This is what i can't forgive.

Or will we buy one at all?

Buying CL quality in Jan with no guarantee of CL football will be difficult, and the competition for goalscorers at that time of year is fierce.Suarez was a gamble that paid , Carroll one that has not(yet),in a punt that was almost £60m strong.

Surely we must try. With just a bit better finnishing and decision making in the final third we'd be in a much, much better position right now, no question about it. The only game we havent been the better side and created the better chances in, was against Spurs.

As for Suarez being a gamble, i dont see what you mean ?

Plainly obvious for anyone who had seen him play more than a handful times that the guy had it all to be a top quality signing for us. That he'd be just as good as he's been i dont think anyone could have known.