You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How boss is Jordan Henderson?

Antynwa

Apologies for starting a new thread, but I feel that he warrants it.

He's boss, and I stuck by him when we signed him, and I'll tell you this now he's going to be future England Liverpool Captain. The only downside is it seems that he's going to have a case of the Gerrard's and his adaptability is going to be a downfall.

I don't like him playing on the right, but he was a roaming midfielder v Fulham and I thought he did an alright job. Really want to see him start centre midfield alongside Adam/Shelvey as his drive and ability was evident v Fulham with that run and shot that hit the post. He's a confidence player and he is slowly but surely really finding his feet in the side.

With Speo suspended, Lucas injured and Gerrard clinically dead Kenny can now play him in the centre for a few games, and I have no doubt in my mind he'll really impose himself and probably bag a goal or two.

Really rate him. He'll be here for years.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for starting a new thread, but I feel that he warrants it.

He's boss, and I stuck by him when we signed him, and I'll tell you this now he's going to be future England Liverpool Captain. The only downside is it seems that he's going to have a case of the Gerrard's and his adaptability is going to be a downfall.

I don't like him playing on the right, but he was a roaming midfielder v Fulham and I thought he did an alright job. Really want to see him start centre midfield alongside Adam/Shelvey as his drive and ability was evident v Fulham with that run and shot that hit the post. He's a confidence player and he is slowly but surely really finding his feet in the side.

With Speo suspended, Lucas injured and Gerrard clinically dead Kenny can now play him in the centre for a few games, and I have no doubt in my mind he'll really impose himself and probably bag a goal or two.

Really rate him. He'll be here for years.

He'll have to get behind Lucas, he's not only the future of Liverpool he's the future of football.

I too think the lad is going to be excellent. I’ve been really surprised and impressed with how clever he is for a young lad. Great feet and ability to move the ball on quickly or turn and run.

To be fair, I think it’s only been a few who thought he was poor. Most have been saying he’ll be very good if played in his correct position. The price was a surprise, but I think it’ll prove value for money in the long term.

The talent is there, but he's got a lot of learning to do to become a competent centre mid. His awareness ,and general positioning is simply woeful defensively. Time and again against Fulham, despite having three in cm, they were able to ping balls in to Dembele and Dempsey in advanced central areas.

I'm equal parts intrigued and scared shitless to see what will happen if we play him and Adam in the centre together now that Jay is going to be out for a few games.

By 2016 Jordan Henderson will be one of the top five central midfielder players in Europe; I have the upmost confidence in the player. Behind Enrique he was our best buy of the summer, I’d have him in centre midfield over Charlie Adam all week.

Play the lad in his right position and watch him flourish.

This.

"He's boss, and I stuck by him when we signed him"

As opposed to turn on him and give up on him, just 4 months into his career? Very peculiar avenue you're going down there, like you deserve some credit for doing something that 95% of other fans just did naturally and without broadcasting it.

As for Henderson, yes, boss. He's still not there yet though, he needs to be central, and that's not a secret. His performances in the middle for England Under 21 were/are class. Don't laugh, but he's got the aura of a Gerrard or Kaka in terms of playing that central role, so comfortable in possession, a real athlete, and always playing with his head up. But he, and Adam, will suffer as long as we don't have a top class defensive midfielder underpinning it all and allowing them that platform.

I must be missing something here, as, whilst accepting he's young, all I see is a player who disappears for large parts of the game, rarely moves the ball forward and completely wimps out of tackles.

I'd love to watch a game with a Henderson fan, who can point out the encouraging things he does, as I'm completely missing them.

I know he hit the post in the Fulham game, but I honestly can't recall anything else in that game where he stood out.

It vexes me as to why people get their knickers in a twist about him "playing on the right". it's not as if he hugs the touching or anything - he always gets involved.

Indeed, boss.

I worry about the fact his hair is exactly the same style when he leaves the pitch, as to when he enter's it tho. Either he uses cement as hair gel or he doesn't head the ball enough.

On a serious note - you can tell how much he tries, which will endear him more to the fans. When he scored against Bolton, he looked like it was the best moment of his entire life, and he'd already peeled off in celebration on monday when his shot came off the post. He smiles a lot, which to me suggests he's enjoying his time here - and im glad to have him.

Indeed, boss.

I worry about the fact his hair is exactly the same style when he leaves the pitch, as to when he enter's it tho. Either he uses cement as hair gel or he doesn't head the ball enough.

On a serious note - you can tell how much he tries, which will endear him more to the fans. When he scored against Bolton, he looked like it was the best moment of his entire life, and he'd already peeled off in celebration on monday when his shot came off the post. He smiles a lot, which to me suggests he's enjoying his time here - and im glad to have him.

Fuck me it's Sigmund Freud.