You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, mgw100 said:

How good was Jimmy in that spell? 

Anderson when the ball is swinging is one of the most exciting bowlers I’ve seen. Just can pull out an unplayable spell where  every ball is edge of the seat stuff.

Right up there with Ambrose on a bouncy wicket, young Warne when it was turning and Waqar and Wasim with the reverse swing yorkers.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Any particular reason that Archer is bowling without a slip and Jimmy with one slip in the context of the game?

Can't be too careful. Pakistan get away here and things could get tricky...

Just sat down after work and caught no 600, good timing.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Well done Jimmy

Even more incredible when you think since he’s turned 30 he’s taken 314 wickets at an average of just over 23 ....And took just six deliveries more than Murilitharen to reach that figure although Jimmy doesn’t chuck his 

• Upvote 1

Ollie Pope out for 4 months with a shoulder injury.

While not wanting to go back to the old says of fat blokes eating pies in the outfield, I do think some of the risks that cricketers take to save the odd run needs to be risk-assessed. The habit of diving towards the boundary rope after a ball us already going over, presumably to not get bawled out by the bowler, seems crazy.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

While not wanting to go back to the old says of fat blokes eating pies in the outfield, I do think some of the risks that cricketers take to save the odd run needs to be risk-assessed. The habit of diving towards the boundary rope after a ball us already going over, presumably to not get bawled out by the bowler, seems crazy.

Especially after already having had shoulder surgery. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The other week Stokes off his own bowling sprinted full pelt about a 100 yards to try and save a boundary and this is a guy who’s always got some sort of niggle. 
I remember the days when Bob Willis when bowling wouldn’t even dream of picking a ball up off his own bowling even if it landed at his feet .

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I watch it but I can’t really get into it. It’s baseball really isn’t it?

Yeah, especially so today actually with Hafeez.

Test cricket is miles ahead of the rest for me, but even 50 over cricket is a long way ahead of this 20 over stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

To truly appreciate T20 I think you need a foam finger

I remember watching Somerset v Glamorgan about 10/12 years ago and some cretin had an enormous blow up sheep which he spent the entire game chucking up in the air blocking the view of about 10/15 people behind him.