You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things to do in Middlesbrough when the future Mrs S, thankfully, isn't dead?

brucespanner

That's a bastard. Hope her recovery is still going well mate.

Cheers Zig.

That's the problem, because I'm not in the loop with her doctors and OT'S I have to rely on second hand info from the parents, who both have agendas, so I get fuck all apart from what they want to tell me. One minute she's fine the next it's might be six months before she's let out, I just wished I fucking knew, or had a time frame, not a fucking guessing game.

The worst thing is she's at Headley Court, they'll be a few on here who know what that means, so it's even more convoluted!!!

Oh well, I'll get to planning the best Christmas and New Years she's ever had.

Yeah I know Headley Court mate. Did some work with them a couple of years ago.

They are very good at what they do, I'll say that.

Yeah I know, it's the best possible place she could be, and they are really putting her through her paces, so I have nothing bad to say about them. It's a strange environment to be in though, especially as she's probably the 'least' affected there.

Whereabouts Lewis?

Kinell Bruce, first time I've read this thread. Must be awful for you and Mrs Spanner, I feel for you both. All this time in Middlesborough can't be easy.

Cheers Mr L.

She's in Surrey now, at probably the best place in the country, which makes it more difficult, but she's getting better all the time and will be back to her ginger goddess self in no time hopefully.

Cheers Mr L.

She's in Surrey now, at probably the best place in the country, which makes it more difficult, but she's getting better all the time and will be back to her ginger goddess self in no time hopefully.

Fingers crossed for you and her.

I'll go without beans on my fryup tomorrow in her honour.

• 4 weeks later...

Jesus, Bruce. Hadn't seen this before.

Sorry mate, I know nothing about frontal lobes (and even less about Middlesborough fwiw). Ye have a long, slow road ahead, I hope everything works out. Life's a mean bastard.

You build it up, you wreck it down

Then you burn your mansion to the ground

Oh, there's nothing left to keep you here

But when you're falling behind in this big blue world...You've got to hold on.

Jesus, Bruce. Hadn't seen this before.

Sorry mate, I know nothing about frontal lobes (and even less about Middlesborough fwiw). Ye have a long, slow road ahead, I hope everything works out. Life's a mean bastard.

You build it up, you wreck it down

Then you burn your mansion to the ground

Oh, there's nothing left to keep you here

But when you're falling behind in this big blue world...You've got to hold on.

Cheers man, Waits has been the sound track to this shite!

I don't know what to say, but if anybody has experienced anything related to fontal lobe injuries it would help if I could absorb your wisdom.

Has anybody experienced frontal lobe injuries? Seriously at my wits end now.

I've just had a call from the social worker telling me that Kim doesn't want to see me for the time being, apparently it's quite common, but I'm in fucking pieces!

We've gone from the most horribly loved up couple in the northern hemisphere to virtual strangers, she seems to be pushing me away more and more by the day. I've read up on it quite a bit and it seems common, but the frontal lobe controls empathy and emotions and they're not firing right and she's marginalising me more and more.

Various case studies say that certain behaviors 'change' and I prepared myself for that, but I hadn't reckoned on being cast aside by the person I was going to spend the rest of my life with, raise a family with and be happy with, these were what we talked about constantly, the future, our future!

Any help would be appreciated, I can't find anything positive on the internet.