You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcast hosting...

dave u

The TLW podcast is currently hosted with podomatic. I pay $25 a month hosting fees, and for that I get 5GB of bandwidth.

Problem is, I've reached that limit now and the podcast is no longer available for people to play or download. Whatsmore, the limit doesn't get reset until the middle of September and we are planning on doing another podcast tomorrow.

I could upgrade to 15GB of bandwidth, but that's $50 a month and quite frankly I reckon I can get a better deal elsewhere as that seems excessive.

So, does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this kind of thing and can you recommend an alternative for me?

Yeah Sound Cloud was suggested to me, but their website is a bit sketchy in terms of what it does. I got the impression it's more for musicians uploading songs rather than stuff that can be over an hour long.

Do you know anything about them?

Yeah Sound Cloud was suggested to me, but their website is a bit sketchy in terms of what it does. I got the impression it's more for musicians uploading songs rather than stuff that can be over an hour long.

Do you know anything about them?

My mate adds all his dj mixes onto Soundcloud, they are usually 1 hour+ should be more than capable for a TLW podcast.

My mate uses it for music and he has sets on there that are hours long Dave.

If you have a free subscription anyone can listen but only a certain amount of people can download it. Not too sure about the costs but from my experience it is very reliable.

Also, it has its own player on Facebook to enable easier access.

P.S. SoundCloud to iTunes, info here: Podcasting 101 - 101 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Ok soundcloud doesn't look like it's gonna be any good as the itunes thing is an issue. It's only in beta stage and I'd have to apply to be accepted into it. I'm sure I'd get in, but I don't know how long it takes so I'm gonna have to look elsewhere.

Pain in the arse this.

It would do if the options I get on my screen were the same as the ones in the link, but they aren't for some reason. Either it's because I have the free account (not paying until I know it works) or because they've changed it so the download option isn't the same as what it is in that article.

Still looking into it, but looks like I'm going to have to jib soundcloud off and go with podbean, which seems a bit more straightforward.