You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO Abs

zigackly

Is Liverpool too reliant on Suarez?

Take Suarez out of Liverpool and the team has 13 goals

Take RVP out of Arsenal and they have 16 goals

So does this proves Liverpool will struggle even more for goals when the likes of downing and kuyt had 0 goals and 0 assists

Liverpool are a better side than Arsenal!

RVP is the only player who is any good for you, we have loads of really great players!!

We've won the league more than you! We have won FIVE European Cups!!

I am so angry!!!

I AM GOING TO TYPE IN CAPITALS NOW.

Do you hear me!?!??!

(Yawn, go to bed you bore)

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Of course they are, they're a joke group of plastic fans who are only interested in the short term. They think they're one of the best sides around at the moment and that Wenger is a genius, just a few weeks after they all wanted him out. Cunts, every single one of them.

They've got a reputation as the most clueless fans in football.

• 2 months later...

For all the stick he got for saying Arsenal would be ahead of Liverpool in the league, he's been proved spot on so far.

We need to beat them on Saturday, however unlikely with our home form and injuries, and we will be 4 pts behind them (I think) with a game in hand and its all to play for. If they win I think the 10pt gap might be too much for us.

Frustrating thing is that we've shot ourselves in the foot too often at Anfield this season conceding silly goals and missing numerous chances. It wouldn't be as bad if Arsenal had actually been consistently better than us and not relying on one man's accuracy infront of goal.

I'm sorry, if it was up to me I wouldn't have the League Cup anywhere near the pitch on Saturday.

Everyone is expecting some sort of parade/showing and this will be distracting, and play right into the Arse's hands. They'll be hoping for some sort of party atmosphere.

Need to remained focused and make a statement of intent that yes, we won a trophy, buts its in the cabinet, we've got a lot of important football still to be played.

I'm sorry, if it was up to me I wouldn't have the League Cup anywhere near the pitch on Saturday.

I agree. We need to make it as clear as possible that winning a trophy is the norm at Liverpool, not something to be celebrated like a special event. As happy as I am that we won it, we need to remember it is just the League Cup. I think it would be distracting for the players and take their focus off the game somewhat. I say this even though it represents an opportunity to rub Arsenal's trophyless noses in it. If we want inspiration for the upcoming game, AC Milan's performance a few weeks back would be appropriate.

Everyone is expecting some sort of parade/showing and this will be distracting, and play right into the Arse's hands. They'll be hoping for some sort of party atmosphere.

Need to remained focused and make a statement of intent that yes, we won a trophy, buts its in the cabinet, we've got a lot of important football still to be played.

Anfield for (almost all) League matches has been a moribund grumbling-shop for fucking years now. I strongly believe that the total lack of atmosphere has contributed to the disappointing home performances and results of the last few years.

So let's remind them what a trophy looks like, make some noise, keep it up for 90 minutes, beat the bastards and set ourselves up for the rest of the season.

Anfield for (almost all) League matches has been a moribund grumbling-shop for fucking years now. I strongly believe that the total lack of atmosphere has contributed to the disappointing home performances and results of the last few years.

So let's remind them what a trophy looks like, make some noise, keep it up for 90 minutes, beat the bastards and set ourselves up for the rest of the season.

Well yeah I suppose it could work both ways!

Hopefully the crowd and team would be up for it without a trophy parade, that's all.

• 4 months later...

I amongst others probably went overboard predicting their downfall last year, I do however maintain they were extremely lucky in that last season pretty much everyone was shite apart from the Manc two and a lot of other years they'd be lucky to be in the top 5 with the players they had and do think they are a ticking timebomb and certainly won't be winning things any time soon

"Extremely lucky, everyone else was shite, ticking timebomb."

Sounds eerily familiar to words we as Liverpool supporters have used to describe the downfall of Ferguson and United for at least a decade now. This thread shows our underappreciating of other teams players and the overvaluing of our own, although the original thread (where Abs was also the instigator) would be even more appropriate. Why was he banned by the way? Of all the deluded people on here, he was probably the only one that actually called last season right...

Have to give him credit for calling it right though, don't we? When we were all laughing at them and many/most thought this was the final nail for Arsene, Abs vehemently carried on the belief that they would soon be ahead of us. With us having tough games against Chelsea away today and home against City coming up and they having a home banker vs Fulham next week, it could very well be 4-6 points between us. Who on here would have thought that two months ago, I know I wouldn't. Shows us that we're probably a bit narrowminded when it comes to our own team I guess, as well as Arsenal not being quite as shit as we thought (even if I agree they are no great shakes atm). Oh, and before someone makes another RvP injury comment and how they would be f***ed without him, how good would we look without Luis?

Well, we atleast got the answer to that one...

to be fair it is total delusion anyone saying that about Man U I'm afraid at least while Ferguson there, once he has gone who knows

but Arsenal have been making the same mistakes year after year, surely someone (hopefully us) is going to capitilise sometime soon and I did expect it to be last year however us and Chelsea both had appalling seasons (surely you can't deny that) and Tottenham aslo did their best to make a mess of a promising position, I just can't see how it is possible to adequately replace a player who they relied upon so heavily last season (and still wern't particularly impressive as a team despite a great effort from him) whilst also rectifying the many weaknesses they have in other areas of the pitch particularly whilst Wenger persists with this obsession with his, at best they'll be 3rd and nowhere near the title and if the other sides sort themselves out shouldn't even be near there, we'll see what happens perhaps Giroud or Podolski could have a blinder but should he go (not ruling out him staying how often have we sign sagas like this in the past only for them to stay a week later) they have a hell of a void to fill

Arsenal will be just fine. They are happy to be contenders for a CL spot and have done so consistently. I don't think their fans are that bothered about another trophy-less season, and I think many would take whatever money is being offered for RvP as long as it meets the club's valuation.

However, I'd be concerned if RvP was going to City to improve their team. It just makes competing for the title that much more difficult. But, once again, Wenger is quite comfortable with CL football and told everyone that he was satisfied with Arsenal finishing second behind Utd when they had every chance of winning the league.