You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO Abs

zigackly

We have a different attitude now. We have a new manager with new ideas and a new ethos that will put a spring back in our players step.

If Arsenal lose RVP, that would deflate them massively.

They will have to sign the next Bergkamp or Henry; I cant see Podolski to be of that caliber.

• 1 month later...
Selling van Persie to the Mancs is an act of abject surrender. The Goons clearly don't see themselves as competing for the same stuff as United compete for.

I was starting to get worried about them having a good season this time (which says a lot as I think they've been fucking shite for years now and I find it shameful we keep coming below them), Cazorla and Podolski look really good signings on paper (but will hopefully flop) not concerned about Giroud but then I haven't seen him that much, and it looked like no-one was gonna to stump up for Van Pussy at one point and that Sahin was going to join them so I was thinking they were nailed on for top 4 with City, Scum and Chelsea having already got the top 3 nailed on but now RVP has gone and not only does it look like Sahin won't be joining them it looks like he is coming to us instead which is a double blow for them!

Without RVP they wouldn't of been anywhere near top 4 last season , they still lack any type of leadership on the pitch and still wont address their main issues (CM/defence) and still keep selling their best players plus the one class player they now have left is a Kieron Dyer level crock , its going to come back and bite them in the arse sooner or later , hopefully sooner.

I don't really care about Van Persie, Man united or Arsenal, but anyone using the term "RVP" is without any doubt a cunt.

See also: "AVB" and "Chicarito"

Dickheads.

Using three letter acronyms doesn't make you a cunt, saying "Chicarito" does though.

Cazorla will be like replacing Fabregas; I really rate him.

However I've always thought Podolski was poo, and expect Giroud to outscore him easily. I still think they'll beat us to fourth, but I'm delighted to see van Persie leave as now it might actually be close if we have a bit of luck. If Song goes as well I might start to wonder if we have a chance at it.

Somewhere in Islington (or most likely Reading), a distraught young man named Abs, with only a bobblehat and a rattle to keep him company, is crying into his Thierry Henry pillowcase and duvet set. I hope you're fucking happy RVP.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread really needs to die a death because - despite being bummed 8-2 soon afterwards - Arsenal have been able to lord it over us ever since we beat them 2-0 at the Emirates last season. They recovered and finished 3rd whereas we went downhill to finish 8th despite winning a trophy (something they haven't done since selling Patrick Vieira by the way). That win is the only time we've beaten them in the league since 2006/07 when we won 4-1 at Anfield, and the only other win we've had in that time was the epic 4-2 Champions League quarter final back in 2008. When we gloat, it always comes back to bite us in the arse (so to speak).

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...