You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rise of the far right in Europe.

Sugar Ape

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

As if I’d get within ‘being chinned’ distance of someone from Widnes. 

Good job I’m just a long haired romantic from Ireland then 

• Upvote 1

Quality:

"Police in Brussels have stormed a right-wing conference attended by Nigel Farage and Suella Braverman after orders for the event to be shut down. Local authorities ordered the controversial National Conservatism (NatCon) Conference to be closed to “guarantee public safety”.

Ms Braverman, the former home secretary, and Mr Farage, the former Ukip leader, were among the political names advertised to speak at the event on Tuesday alongside right-wing Hungarian autocrat Viktor Orban.

Officers arrived after the event began at the Claridge venue in central Brussels to tell organisers the event would be shut down. According to a report on social media, police arrived while Mr Farage was addressing the event, giving attendees 15 minutes to leave the venue. However, officers did not appear to force the event to shut down and speeches continued.

Police have now said they will not let anyone else into the venue and people can leave and not re-enter.

• Upvote 3

On 13/04/2024 at 20:37, Anubis said:

Remind me what region this fictional character was from again?

image.png

I'll never understand the crusader thing. Richard the lionheart wasn't so much "Britain first" as he was "Britain, as little as I can get away with". 

43 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I'll never understand the crusader thing. Richard the lionheart wasn't so much "Britain first" as he was "Britain, as little as I can get away with". 

we arent dealing with people who are likely to find a cure for cancer here.

17 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

we arent dealing with people who are likely to find a cure for cancer here.

No shit.

AND they're blocking a red route, who do they think they are? Just Stop Oil?

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Yeah but he killed Muslims and expelled the Jews, so he's very much their kind of guy.