You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Atmosphere on Saturday

Mark P

a - Party time!! End of the season celebrations at finishing fourth and give the boys and management a proper good cheer? They all deserve it.

b - Relief that another disasterous season is over, with only a partial silver lining, ie, an opportunity to qualify for the Champions League.

c - Pressure's off, so a chance to let the board know we aren't in the least bit impressed with what has transpired over the last two seasons and they better get it fucking right about getting some cash in/manager out, etc.

A

Not because the players and managers deserve a good send off, but it'd be nice just for Anfield to have a good atmosphere. Might even enjoy going to the game for once. Last game of the season fellas.

Flag day, nice (ish) weather, bit of banter, exhibtion football (hmm). Fuck it, I might even wear a jester hat.

What is their to celebrate? I felt a sense of relief more than achievement when the game finished last night. More like avoiding relegation than winning a trophy. To treat qualification like an achievement will only lead to more of the same, personally when the game finishes on Saturday I'm just going to leave. To stay and applaud would not feel right, only a handful of players deserve any applause, I'm not going to let the rest of them share it.

Then I'll be writing a letter to each of Moores, Parry and Houllier.

An empty stadium for the lap of 'honour' would be a good message to the powers that be. Both for the terrible footballing season and also the board's handling of the Thai/ Morgan affair.

An empty stadium for the lap of honour would send out a message for sure.

Newcastle only had 5,000 fans stay for their lap of honour. Only 3 or 4 players deserve recognition for their efforts this season, and we and they know who they are.

Guest Podge

There will hardly be a carnival atmosphere at the game.

We wont know what to expect from the team.

Knowing houlleir he'll play MO up top & cheyrou in the hole!

Maybe bring in Biscan for good measure.

Even with fourth place secure he still wont send them out to

attck. Cunt. If the stadium emptied at the end it would send

a clear signal to the powers that be.

They should play - Traore, Biscan, Cheyrou, Diao, Diuf and Hesk*y - so we can say goodbye or good fu****** riddance!!

And we can all sing - And its Liverpool, (clap clap clap) Liverpool FC the're by far the fourth best team thats in the Premier League!!

have to say c, there is no earthly way i am staying at the end of the game for the lap of honours, this season have been a total joke, and I dont wait anyone at the club to think I support the idea of giving good money to houllier to waste on sh1t players. On a plus side i would love it to be the last time I see a number of players in red shirts, we all know the names, thinking of we get rid oh h*sk*y, biscan, diao, diouf. We might honeslty get what 2 million for the lot in today's market. I not even going to calculate how much they cost. Great business houllier!!!!!!!!!!!! Football is the only business in the world you could get away with a return like that.

I not even going to calculate how much they cost. Great business houllier!!!!!!!!!!!! Football is the only business in the world you could get away with a return like that.

Correction. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB is the only place in teh world you can get away with a return like that.

I feel shit.

Re - Lap of Honour. You also have to look at this as a 2-way thing. The players (or at least some) might want to applaud the supporters as much as the other way round. I think lap of honour exists equally for fans applauding team and team applauding fans.

To just have an empty stadium is a bit childish despite of everything. Stay at least for Stevie G if nothing else. And Carra and Didi to be fair.

Re - Lap of Honour. You also have to look at this as a 2-way thing. The players (or at least some) might want to applaud the supporters as much as the other way round. I think lap of honour exists equally for fans applauding team and team applauding fans.

To just have an empty stadium is a bit childish despite of everything. Stay at least for Stevie G if nothing else. And Carra and Didi to be fair.

You're right like, Christian, but how else are fans supposed to show their distain towards the current set-up? that's the problem. It's difficult.

To me it seems like a good silent protest.

I would hope the likes of Stevie know how much they are appreciated anyway.

Didi will get his "thank you" from the club when he is sent packing by them in the summer. Fvcking scumbags.

How you doing anyway me old cockney sparrow?

Missed your call last week. Sorry. Totally forgot to buzz you back as well. Very rude.

I'll drop you a line over the w/e mate...

Ways of showing your disgust:

Every fan bring a horse to the game

Every fan bring an old lady to wait outside and scribble on the matchday programme

Every fan to dress as a cowboy

Every fan to shout and clap, to drum and bass, to hook a fish.

Every fan to wave a banner saying "Captain Hook, Captain Hook! Pirate or Prince?"

Every fan to lease their house to a family of raccoons

Every fan to burn the disco down

Yeah, Mr Ross, look forward to the call and I hope you're fine and dandy?