You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So do I! But according to the FFP rules I am. Now the question is how far UEFA will go in enforcing them.

Yeah, that was going to be my next point. If the rule itself is fine then all will be well as long as the governing bodies have the balls to enforce it. Let's hope that they do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Modric signed a 5 year deal last year! Here's a novel idea, if you sign a contract then fucking honour it!

That's all well and good, except that clubs typically make a right song and dance when a player they're actively trying to offload decides he wants to stay and honour his contract. Football clubs really do want to have their cake and eat it.

Players need to stop fucking whinging and throwing their toys out of the pram when they don't get what they want.

Modric signed a 5 year deal last year! Here's a novel idea, if you sign a contract then fucking honour it!

Can't blame modric for being pissed if its true that he had a gentleman's agreement about a bigger club coming in for him. Then basically they are going back on their word so why shouldn't he have a bitch fit.

Can't blame modric for being pissed if its true that he had a gentleman's agreement about a bigger club coming in for him. Then basically they are going back on their word so why shouldn't he have a bitch fit.

How fucking flaky and absurd.

A "gentleman's agreement" about "a bigger club"?

Defined how? And by whom?

Fuck off Modric.

How fucking flaky and absurd.

A "gentleman's agreement" about "a bigger club"?

Defined how? And by whom?

Fuck off Modric.

Apparently there was a agreement in place that if a bigger club came in for him then they would consider it if it was for the right price. Because now spurs are saying he's not for sale at any price is the reason modric is pissed "apparently".

Apparently there was a agreement in place that if a bigger club came in for him then they would consider it if it was for the right price. Because now spurs are saying he's not for sale at any price is the reason modric is pissed "apparently".

Yes, I know what he's said.

I'm just pointing out it was flaky and absurd and that Modric can fuck off.

Modric and every other player have an agent and it is the agents job to make sure everything he wants is covered in his contract. Gentleman's agreement, FUCK OFF! If he wanted that he needs to state it and have it included in the contract. These fuckin players get paid absurd amounts of money and think they can hold clubs to ransom by throwing a wobbler. I know clubs fuck players over too, but it should be seen like any other employment contract where it is not so easily broken without a notice period of a month or two. These would give clubs time to replace the player. The whole poaching a player should be strictly followed too.

The breakdown in relations between Luka Modric and the Tottenham Hotspur chairman, Daniel Levy, was complete on Wednesday when the midfielder handed in a transfer request in an attempt to force through a move to Chelsea.

Modric took the step after Tottenham, who have said he is not for sale at any price, rejected a second offer from Chelsea which valued the Croatia international at £27m and followed a previous £22m bid.

The playmaker flew to South Africa with his team-mates for a pre-season tour out of respect for his manager, Harry Redknapp, who has repeatedly praised Modric's attitude and said he understood why the player was keen to join Chelsea. Redknapp has, though, joined Levy in stating that Modric is not for sale.

At the weekend Modric openly criticised Levy in an interview with a Croatian newspaper and accused the chairman of breaking a gentleman's agreement to sell him to a bigger club this summer.

Tottenham have denied making any such agreement and have been considering whether to fine Modric for his remarks.

The 25-year-old has described Chelsea as his "dream" destination, saying he would like to move to play again in the Champions League next season and challenge regularly for trophies.

Redknapp, speaking before news of Modric's transfer request became public, said he hoped the trip to South Africa would benefit Modric. During the 10-day tour Spurs are due to play in a tournament that also involves Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates.

"Hopefully he will go away and get a bit of football now and just get on with it," Redknapp said. "We hope that he will come back and get ready for the new season."

Steven Pienaar would be one of the squad members who would benefit most from Modric's departure but he said he hoped the former Dinamo Zagreb player will stay. "You are always looking to strengthen and for us it's important that we all stick together as a team and make the most of it," Pienaar told Sky Sports News.

Guardian

Juan Galonso? Why don't you give Aquilani Time to prove himself in our midfield - As I remember it in our last but one Home game with Spurs? Aquilani absolutely dominated Them With Modric in their lineup (January 2010?) Modric didn't get Near him. So I've no idea Where you got the idea he Can't do it from - As an aside? Modric looked utter shite when he first came for a good 2/3 seasons in England as well and he's doing alright now no? What Really annoys me to now more than anything? As well as making me shake my head at Spurs & that twitching faced wheeler dealer prize Idiot they call a 'manager'? Is the utter trash coming from them now stating that a 27 million pound bid isn't good enough for him and even 30 million would be a Low bid - Now IIRR? 30 is what We Sold Alonso for 2 seasons ago yes?

Now there's No Way That Luka Modric is (or ever will be) even on a Par with Xabi Alonso - Never mind Better as the Spurs supporting idiots seem to think alongside their braindead boss if that pathetic speech regarding his fee is anything to go by. Just look at Spurs' 2 games with Madrid last season and the Direct confrontation of Modric v Alonso - To call that a lesson? Does a disservice to just How dominant Xabi was in those matches - So to Then say Modric is worth as Much as Alonso? Is pathetic and not at all true. Xabi's 4 times the Player Modric ever was and Spurs are lucky to get anything like the fee Alonso went for in 2009; Personally? I think Spurs should sell now while the money offered is good or like Blackpool with Adam? He'll be gone for not Half that price next season. They are Badly overplaying their hand here and it Will hurt them (which they fully deserve) in the long run here; Mark my words...............