You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Allan

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats in today's updates?

I think it is this:

fourzerotwo Robert Bowling

#MW3 players will also notice a title update tomorrow morning when they connect. This will address "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Compensation".

I think I'll get back into this, or at least try to if they have done away with that lag compensation. The little I played of this my reactions have been much slower than others. Then I read about the lag compensation and seen videos and it pissed me off. My K/D on MW2 and Black Ops is 2.08 and 1.85 and on MW3 it's about 0.50. Maybe I'm just shit at this one, but I'll give it another go.

I think I'll get back into this, or at least try to if they have done away with that lag compensation. The little I played of this my reactions have been much slower than others. Then I read about the lag compensation and seen videos and it pissed me off. My K/D on MW2 and Black Ops is 2.08 and 1.85 and on MW3 it's about 0.50. Maybe I'm just shit at this one, but I'll give it another go.

TK and I got on last night and sniping certainly seemed a lot more effective than it has been.

Managed the best kill I've ever had last night as well, got shot, dropped to the ground to get out of the way, stood back up and boom headshot with the Barrett, was well chuffed with that.

Played shit the rest of the night bar one game on Village once I had two Sentries out but was chuffed with that kill anyway.

TK and I got on last night and sniping certainly seemed a lot more effective than it has been.

Managed the best kill I've ever had last night as well, got shot, dropped to the ground to get out of the way, stood back up and boom headshot with the Barrett, was well chuffed with that.

Played shit the rest of the night bar one game on Village once I had two Sentries out but was chuffed with that kill anyway.

That's good. Most games online seem to be beneficial to the person with a bad connection. You cannot beat a lagger in a football game. Sharing your good connection with someone who has a shit one is madness.

Dirt3 was a pain for that, you would get people lagging so all of a sudden a car would appear in front of you from nowhere or would be diving all over the place on the track and then vanishing.

I've been pretty lucky connection wise with MW3 in general, certainly never had my toys out of the pram moments I was getting with the Black Ops issues. Just looking forward to getting some new maps now as a few of the MW3 ones I really dislike.

Dirt3 was a pain for that, you would get people lagging so all of a sudden a car would appear in front of you from nowhere or would be diving all over the place on the track and then vanishing.

I've been pretty lucky connection wise with MW3 in general, certainly never had my toys out of the pram moments I was getting with the Black Ops issues. Just looking forward to getting some new maps now as a few of the MW3 ones I really dislike.

I only played on 3 the maps, and only once each at that! I'll have to get on and have a good session on it with you guys.

I agree about the maps on mw3, I really dislike a few of them. There seems to be too many corners on some maps, and there seems to be a lack of things to climb on. On mw2 there were always ladders and rooms with stairs.

Had a really good run with TK last night.

I was mostly in the win column for a change and TK was having one of those nights when he is just about unstoppable most of the time.

Couple of games we did the TNF proud with 0 deaths and generally we kicked up some shit.

Last lobby we got was really good, some good players and no one dropping out so we got a good run of games with and against the same people who all played the game well, which was nice.

Popper did you manage to jump prestige in MW2 to get your extra token? Wondering if it works OK as I would quite like to use my first prestige token and then maybe get one from MW2 so I can carry the ACR and the Claymore across prestiges as I'm missing them since prestiging last night.

As a long time fan of the M16 I have to say that the ACR just blows it away on this. Only started using it because I had no challenges completed on it to try and level up a bit quicker last night, massive magazine size, decent accuracy and no need to double tap.

Only lag related issue I could see was in some cases a return of the missing sensation, you know when you have them dead on in your sights and fire but don't even get a hit marker so it takes a few shots. Same as MW2 did on occasion. But I can live with that as the Sniping is so much more effective now.

Popper did you manage to jump prestige in MW2 to get your extra token? Wondering if it works OK as I would quite like to use my first prestige token and then maybe get one from MW2 so I can carry the ACR and the Claymore across prestiges as I'm missing them since prestiging last night.

I did prestige on mw2 only last week and the token was available right away on mw3. I'm not sure I know what you mean by carrying the ACR and claymore across. Surely once you prestige you lose them. Do you find the claymores effective in mw3? they seem to kill less then in mw2.

I did prestige on mw2 only last week and the token was available right away on mw3. I'm not sure I know what you mean by carrying the ACR and claymore across. Surely once you prestige you lose them. Do you find the claymores effective in mw3? they seem to kill less then in mw2.

Any gear you unlock using your tokens stays with you throughout, regardless if you prestige again, and again...

As a long time fan of the M16 I have to say that the ACR just blows it away on this. Only started using it because I had no challenges completed on it to try and level up a bit quicker last night, massive magazine size, decent accuracy and no need to double tap.

Nice tip that, I'll try that later.

Thanks.

I'm assuming you don't have to double tap with 'impact' on? Otherwise you do.

Had a really good run with TK last night.

I was mostly in the win column for a change and TK was having one of those nights when he is just about unstoppable most of the time.

Couple of games we did the TNF proud with 0 deaths and generally we kicked up some shit.

Last lobby we got was really good, some good players and no one dropping out so we got a good run of games with and against the same people who all played the game well, which was nice.

Only lag related issue I could see was in some cases a return of the missing sensation, you know when you have them dead on in your sights and fire but don't even get a hit marker so it takes a few shots. Same as MW2 did on occasion. But I can live with that as the Sniping is so much more effective now.

Thanks, it was a good game. Sorry for bailing just before you Prestiged but I was knackered and had to sleep for work. It was a good session except for that lobby full of mancs.

Nice tip that, I'll try that later.

Thanks.

I'm assuming you don't have to double tap with 'impact' on? Otherwise you do.

I had been running the M16 with Kick as I would rather have accuracy than outright power. So generally speaking have been putting two bursts into most people with it. With the ACR having such a big magazine and being fully auto I've been finding you can just follow the hit marker so you just keep on putting bullets in accurately even if it is a little bit less powerful.

Thanks, it was a good game. Sorry for bailing just before you Prestiged but I was knackered and had to sleep for work. It was a good session except for that lobby full of mancs.

Stayed on with that lot we had been playing with and prestiged next game. I hate level 1 to 4 without being able to modify classes. Was getting seriously fucked over till I get out the Barrett and the M16.

Edit: Forgot to mention you know that ledge we both use on Fallen. Had a couple of games with Blind Eye, Assasin etc. on Hardcore and got on that ledge, most of the opposition had no clue whatsoever where I was very useful spot. Was trying to get onto the booth in resistance but I can't manage the jump onto the sign never mind onto the booth.