You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norway the best country in the world.

Code

Apologies, that wasn't my intention. I won't do it again. Primarily because I've done nothing else worth bragging about.
To be fair if I'd have bummed a top Norwegian bird, I'd probably burn an announcement into the moon so it could be read from earth.
  • Downvote 1

I spend plenty of time on ship in Norway and I've learned a few things.

1) beer is expensive as fuck (£8 for a bottle of warm carlsberg)

2) it's (nearly) always freezing cold.

3) people are mostly friendly

4) there are a lot of legendary moustaches on display (especially the lads I've met from Trondheim).

Sweet.

1 - I once managed to poke the box out of a Norwegian lass. Good.

2 - Scenery is great. Good.

3 - Beer is expensive. Bad.

4 - Food is so so. Bad.

5 - JAR for his goal against the scum. Good.

6 - Code and his sporadic lunatic rantings. Bad.

Think that's a 5/10 on the Zonko scale of Good/Bad countries.

Must be in the summer, thats when its worth visiting unless you like to ski.

Good advice Code because if they were there at Christmas time you would have to make them eat Lutefisk.

Lutefisk is possibly the most disgusting thing anyone anywhere in the world has ever put on a plate. It really is Norways shameful dirty secret that they keep hidden away until they think there are no foreigners about.

I believe that the legend is that it was first made to poison someone but it didn't work. Basically it is fish soaked in bleach and then roasted. For that reason I'm out.

Good advice Code because if they were there at Christmas time you would have to make them eat Lutefisk.

Lutefisk is possibly the most disgusting thing anyone anywhere in the world has ever put on a plate. It really is Norways shameful dirty secret that they keep hidden away until they think there are no foreigners about.

I believe that the legend is that it was first made to poison someone but it didn't work. Basically it is fish soaked in bleach and then roasted. For that reason I'm out.

Still better than kimchi. Disgusting fermeneted cabbage thing popular in Korea.

Lutefisk is possibly the most disgusting thing anyone anywhere in theworld has ever put on a plate.

from Wikipedia..

Lutefisk is cod that has been dried in a lye solution. It looks like the desiccated cadavers of squirrels run over by trucks, but after it is soaked and reconstituted and the lye is washed out and it's cooked, it looks more fish-related, though with lutefisk, the window of success is small. It can be tasty, but the statistics aren’t on your side. It is the hereditary delicacy of Swedes and Norwegians who serve it around the holidays, in memory of their ancestors, who ate it because they were poor. Most lutefisk is not edible by normal people. It is reminiscent of the afterbirth of a dog or the world's largest chunk of phlegm.

from Wikipedia..

Lutefisk is cod that has been dried in a lye solution. It looks like the desiccated cadavers of squirrels run over by trucks, but after it is soaked and reconstituted and the lye is washed out and it's cooked, it looks more fish-related, though with lutefisk, the window of success is small. It can be tasty, but the statistics aren’t on your side. It is the hereditary delicacy of Swedes and Norwegians who serve it around the holidays, in memory of their ancestors, who ate it because they were poor. Most lutefisk is not edible by normal people. It is reminiscent of the afterbirth of a dog or the world's largest chunk of phlegm.

:yes:

If I could be assured of seeing some candidate for a Darwin Award fall off that rock and plummet 1000 metres to their doom, I would go to Norway and spend my tourist dollars. Otherwise, the cost of booze would kill it for me. All the Norwegians I've met spoke really good English until they were pissed on Scottish ale, then they reverted to their native hurdy gurdy. I went to Thurso once and it was full of Norwegians celebrating Norway's national day. There were Norwegian flags everywhere and everyone was pissed. Happy Norway Day!

I have never eaten Lutefisk, its looks disgusting.

I was told - although I have never verified it - that all children are force fed Lutefisk on their first day at school. If they vomit they are thrown into a pit of starving wolves. Only way to keep the bloodline pure I heard.;)