You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Isn't that libel or is it David icke style extreme bullshit that it's not worth prosecuting delusion because some guy needs a modified reality to explain the shitness of his football team.... or is it true!!!

Not sure, but it risks ruining the good name of the John Merro Media Group.

Every time I read GOT or look at some of the bitter twats on Twitter it reminds me of this scene in Lone Survivor where they catch the villagers who grass them up to the Taliban. 

They debate whether to kill them or not and one of the Marines looks at their angry snarled up faces and says "LOOK AT THEM MAN. THEY FUCKING HATE US"

Their heads have well and truly fallen off over this super league.

1 hour ago, SlugTrail said:

Really DT, your surprised that the European heavyweights that are the Ev are morally outraged. Them being outraged by something we do is as certain as taxes and death.

What I do find funny is the fact they think the PL has any power to "discipline the Scab 6". Uefa were the only ones that would have lost out. As they would have has the like of WH the Ev spurs and arsenal representing the PL in the UCL.

The only way to describe it is the fans of other clubs are thick as fuck bitter cunts who just follow what is said on social media.

I love the way they fucking tag in UEFA, the Premier League, Merseyside Police and every biased anti Liverpool journo on Twitter begging them to do something about us. If the Marvel Avengers or Superman was on Twitter they'd be begging them to intervene. 

• Upvote 5

From the Echo, the 2 points are a great example of the Everton mindset. Hyperbole, followed by their true identity.

Phil: It's quite remarkable to think that Everton signed an almost once-in-a-generation talent this summer, a global superstar who when fit lights up the team, and no Evertonian has seen him in the flesh.

James Rodriguez was missing on Wednesday, he's missing again on Sunday. He's halfway through his contract and the fans are yet to see him in the flesh.

Dave: I felt for those supporters that I saw on social media earlier on Wednesday who were excited about the possibility or prospect of seeing James.

I think we would have relished and loved the experience as well. Just the knowledge that he's so appreciated and so admired.

I know there are cynics out there who don't think he has the club at heart and he's going through the motions. I don't follow that train of thinking and clearly Carlo Ancelotti doesn't either.

I think he's as frustrated as we are at the limitations put on his amount of appearances this season. But look at the positives, look at the number of goals he's scored and look at the difference he's made in matches he has played.

The equaliser at Old Trafford and probably the biggest moment in our season, setting up the opener at Anfield. When he plays, he's a massive influence.

No comment necessary.

James has provided some wonderful moments this season, including a killer pass to set us on our way to an away derby win, throwing back 20 odd years of weight off our shoulders. Do you really not want to see him again? Of course we all hope he could play more games, who knows what could have been if VVD hadn't clattered into him

Always a treat seeing another one of catchers over elaborate (made up) posts not standing up to the first bit of scrutiny.

Hes been torn to shreds on the Usmanov thread on there by an undercover red called gwladysnight. Expect those week minded shitbags to ban him today.

0B802343-8072-4B7A-AB47-AD8D54E5CC3A.jpeg

Looks like today is Get Catcher day.

Rob17896

Player Valuation: £35m
You seem really angry here. Can I ask why? We are just having a civil conversation and I dont believe anyone has been rude to you?

To answer each point. I'm not sure I've ever referred to myself as a financial wizard. Can you point out to me where I have?

I'm not really aware where I would get a loan below 3% without security. Rather than being needlessly insulting, maybe you could share that information? I have a mortage at 2.5 % but that was with quite a large deposit up front and the property as liquidity.

Which bit was embarrassing for you? Asking you to explain where you can get a commercial loan at under 3% without security is embarrassing? A bit lost with that.

I buy and sell stakes in businesses yes. You are aware people trade over both much shorter, and longer periods than 3-6 months. Why would you find that so surprising?

In terms of due diligence, I like the Piotroski as a screener. I have an 8 point checklist too. If I can be getting 8+ on one and most of my checklist I'll move forward. I tend to prioritise PE, with Shiller PE to take account of inflation. Alongside this, I like ROIC and ROIC to WACC to be positive. I'm also a big fan of the DCF method of valuation. I'm not going to go into detail about the method I would use, it revolves around Cash and growth. It gives me an idea of my entry point, which I want to be well below the intrinsic value of the business. Finally I'll read the 10k, and make sure I'm familiar and confident with the management.

I think you've misunderstood on me saying I'll grow a business I didnt say that. Businesses never grow that much in that time. I'm surprised you've thought that a possibility. Business can grow 20% yoy and with a leverage of 4-5 x that gives me an 80-100% return on borrowing at 7-8%.

It works for me. I dont have an enormous amount of capital currently so it really suits where I am. I can fully respect you might disagree with the use of debt, but theres really no need to say I am lying. Likewise it is also wholly untrue to say it is atypical of how a number of investors into businesses would operate.

Obviously I'm more than happy to discuss the rational of each decision I make and why I do it, but let's not conduct the discussion in a nasty manner eh?
Your reference to property as liquidity when buying it is totally the wrong terminology. Also you meant rationale rather than rational.

Business is also not limited in annual growth. I know some that have grown 400% and have personally been involved in one that did 100% two years running. Not boasting as that was followed by a few numbers in brackets in later years.

I am not saying you don't do as you claim, but if you want to impress by using terms that show you are in the know, it would help if you understood them

• Upvote 1