You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

What does the snot-nosed little boy do to the girl he likes? Insult her. Straight from the book of primary school romance. Butch is actually 8 years old. 

I've never paid much attention to him but mocking her after she had the confidence to back up her word is out of order. 

• Upvote 3

It must be rough being a bloo. They bring out their first decent manager in fuck knows how long and we only go and become champions of the entire world. No wonder they hate us so, it seems like they can't have anything without their bigger neighbour taking all the headlines.

Will expect a planning application to go through on Monday plus the obligatory Echo headlines. Quite amusing really as the council will be all but shut over Christmas so fuck all will happen to the application until January. Not insinuating anything of course, but why not wait until January?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, suzy said:

Anyone been to GOT yet to see how they’re coping?

The hot take...

maccavennie

maccavennie

Player Valuation: £70m

I'm sure most Premiership sides would give these South American unknown quantities a game - European teams have won it the last seven times..
And its 11 - 4 in the overall stats
Most championship sides would have given Flamengo a game, they were absolutely crap. A lot crapper than the rs who deserved it in the end
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Anubis said:

The hot take...

maccavennie

maccavennie

Player Valuation: £70m

I'm sure most Premiership sides would give these South American unknown quantities a game - European teams have won it the last seven times..
And its 11 - 4 in the overall stats
Most championship sides would have given Flamengo a game, they were absolutely crap. A lot crapper than the rs who deserved it in the end

Christ. They haven't won a major trophy since I was in shorts and shakin Stevens was in the charts. And how are Flamengo unknown? They've got more fans than everton haha. 

As I've said before, even if the planning application goes in. I give it a couple of games before Carlo is telling them.to stick with the old lady, how it is unique in English football and they we lose that passion if they let it go. And they'll lap it up, "what a time to be a blue with such a world renowned manager that just gets us. "

The fantasy : Everton will now sweep all before them, win everything in sight and knock the redshite off their perch.

The reality : When the above fails to happen Ancelotti will be booed at home games.  And still be trousering £900k a month of the Blooshiite bottomless pit.

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

As I've said before, even if the planning application goes in. I give it a couple of games before Carlo is telling them.to stick with the old lady, how it is unique in English football and they we lose that passion if they let it go. And they'll lap it up, "what a time to be a blue with such a world renowned manager that just gets us. "

Totally agree with that, but genuinely think they should be careful what they wish for with regards to a new stadium anyway. There’s a few clubs who’ve struggled after building a new ground. I see Wenger has finally come out and said Arsenal left their soul at Highbury, which has been obvious for some time.

The Dell is another one. Used to be a right cunt to play at. Tiny pitch, fans right up on top of you, 30 plus years Southampton were a constant in the top flight, and regularly used to beat top clubs down there. Relegated pretty quick after building St Mary’s, and effectively have Faithless playing at kick off to try and build an atmosphere.

In a parallel universe where one of these stadium wheezes they keep being sold did actually exist and come off, you could see plenty of reasons for it turning out to have been a terrible idea. Whether luck, design, penny-pinching or otherwise, I often thank fuck FSG decided to keep the club at Anfield.

• Upvote 3