You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 05/03/2024 at 14:39, bizzle10 said:

turns out we dont need to fear for them because they fear for themselves

Is this another Everton First?

Them actually fearing for themselves?

17 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Remember when Everton were paying Ancelotti £12m a year and giving him a £2.5m bonus for keeping them up?. He was the third highest paid manager in the league despite them never qualifying for Europe. No way would he have ever gone there if they had offered him the same amount that Brentford pay Thomas Frank or Wolves pay Gary O Neill. 

They've also paid his son a fortune for just putting a few cones out on a training pitch. They lashed £50m on Richy lar, £45m on Iwobi and £45m on Glyfi.

They also paid Hamez £250k a week for less hours than someone on maternity leave. How are Burnley, Bournemouth, Leeds, Leicester, Brentford, Luton and Sheffield Utd supposed to compete with that?. How come Everton weren't arsed about corruption then?

And end the thread. Youve completed it mate 

Rich1878

Rich1878

Player Valuation: £40m
Just went to get my bloods taken, and I put my car keys down on the side, I have an Everton keyring attached. Straight away the Nurse goes "ooooh Everton fan" haha yeh I replied. Straight away I took a dislike to her. "You aren't doing so well are you" i just shrugged my shoulders. Just as I was putting my hoodie back on, she goes " don't you think we are doing very well l, considering the age of the players" I replied oh you mean the squad you put out against Chelsea, who by the way had a younger squad put out? I think she went on to try and question me, from which I sharply replied with a yes, yes they were. Then as I was walking off, the smarmy little cow went to the other nurses "he's an Everton fan"

I will point blank refuse her next time the horrible little witch
  • Haha 11

Evertonians and Man City fans all believing that Liverpool were bankrolled by John Moores and Littlewoods in the 60s which is why we became so powerful. 

Once it is pointed out to them that Everton were funded by John Moores who owned them they backtrack and say that a board member called Eric Sawyer who was an accountant for Littlewoods funded us. 

Even in the 70s and 80s Man City spent loads on players and were still shit 

On 05/03/2024 at 15:43, Anubis said:

Purslow on Villa sailing close to the wind regarding PSR - but of course, Christian. But of course.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/financial-fair-play-record-losses-28756962

Anyone left who still thinks the man isn't a thoroughgoing cunt?

As a wise man once said "Fuck Broughton. Fuck Purslow..."

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Block305 said:
Rich1878

Rich1878

Just went to get my bloods taken, and I put my car keys down on the side, I have an Everton keyring attached. Straight away the Nurse goes "ooooh Everton fan" haha yeh I replied. Straight away I took a dislike to her. "You aren't doing so well are you" i just shrugged my shoulders. Just as I was putting my hoodie back on, she goes " don't you think we are doing very well l, considering the age of the players" I replied oh you mean the squad you put out against Chelsea, who by the way had a younger squad put out? I think she went on to try and question me, from which I sharply replied with a yes, yes they were. Then as I was walking off, the smarmy little cow went to the other nurses "he's an Everton fan"

Where's the "everyone applauded" punchline?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Aren't they also called the Scab 6 as this is what supporters thought they were going to do.  

It should absolutely never be forgotten that they were part of the “Big Five” who pushed for the Super League 40 years ago - the English Super League (details were sketchy, but “Keep all the money for ourselves” was the basic motif) which led to the Premier League.

The rest of the Big Five have since won multiple titles (Manchester United, Arsenal), multiple trophies at home and abroad (us), or at least remained a big-ish deal and reached a Champions League final (Spurs). 
Is there another side that has been in the Prem every season since its inception whilst making so little impact?

40 minutes ago, Block305 said:
Rich1878

Rich1878

Fuck me they get offended easily don't they?

Bitter cunts.

25 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Where's the "everyone applauded" punchline?

“tell you what though lad her surname was Olsen so I already knew before I got there she’d be one of them. Had the accent as well that jarg Jan Molby half Scouse half Norwegian wool one. She had a full kit on under her uniform as well and shinnies they really are a different breed lad she asked the best way to get home from the clinic I told her to get the bus direct to Kirkby Lonsdale haha that’ll teach her I came up with the idea when I clocked my trainees. Tell you what though lad you should have seen the nurses faces when my blood started going through the drip lad. Not blue that girls, it’s Royal Blue. I had 3 of them round the back. One of them told me Klopp had been in earlier that morning and started emptying all the blood bags down the sink in the disabled. Apparently he locked the door and stole the key and ran out the door singing about the playing football the Busby way as well. Make of that what you will” 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Block305 said:
Rich1878

Rich1878

https://www.reddit.com/r/thingsthatdidnthappen/

Although I can imagine the nurse didn't give a toss about football and was just trying to make polite chitchat.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mudface said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thingsthatdidnthappen/

Although I can imagine the nurse didn't give a toss about football and was just trying to make polite chitchat.

I can imagine the nurse didn't exist as he didn't even go to hospital, he's just sat on his phone on his blue leather couch making up tales of how much of a true blue he is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ron B said:

Is there another side that has been in the Prem every season since its inception whilst making so little impact?

That's exactly it. The significant increases in TV money every few years is something they have benefitted from, while doing practically nothing to bolster the profile of the league that allowed for those significant increases, and yet they've also done so little with the money made.

In property terms, they own a house on a street when the other houses have seen their owners invest and improve, resulting in the value of all the properties on that street increasing significantly as it is now seen as a highly desirable street to live on. Their house has remained a ramshackle old shed and yet it is worth 3-4 times what it was 30 years ago. That value has absolutely nothing to do with anything they've done.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, angie said:

So small time haha

IMG_5569.jpeg

Someone's going to have to fill me in on what momentous occasion this was, I'm sure there were so many to choose from.

Is it the game Duncan strangled Steffan Freud?

Edit. Silly me, I didn't notice the scores on the screen.

Just now, manwiththestick said:

Someone's going to have to fill me in on what momentous occasion this was, I'm sure there were so many to choose from.

Is it the game Duncan strangled Steffan Freud?

Avoiding relegation against Crystal Palace.

Be hilarious if the 'scab 6' fucked off. The rest would be bankrupt within 2 years as the sponsors and TV companies would bolt aswell. They'd be making a bit more but similar money to the championship 

And Everton would still finish outside the top 4