You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Not an action packed episode by any stretch, so I'm sure some will be back to complaining about little things, but there was quite a bit to progress the story.

They confirmed that Jon Snow isn't a bastard, and did so in a flippant way. I quite liked that. I like that he's a Targaryan and a Stark, and not a Snow. Jon Targaryan. Weird.

Gendry is back and taking liberties. Hammer wielding boss.

Burning the Tarlys was great, I think. None of this 'weak hearts of women' stuff.

Lots of other good little bits but pretty uneventful, but laying the groundwork for the next two episodes.

Decent enough episode. Bit bummed that Randyll Tarly snuffed it, would have liked to have seen a bit more of him in the show. Liked the ending but can't see the brotherhood surviving much longer, think we'll see them die, maybe along with Tormund (hopefully not). Missed the bit with Gilly talking about (I assume) Jon's heritage, will be interesting to see how that plays out. Starting to think the Hound and the Mountain won't ever face off either given where they are currently.

Do wish they had more episodes available to flesh it out a bit more though.

Bit of a let down this episode.

A suicide mission to kidnap a wight from beyond the wall is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in this series. The fact that this is probably going to cost the lives of several characters makes it all the more silly. Cersie is insane and only cares about power. Tyrion knows this, how he thinks the appearance of a walking dead man will convince her to stop her war, considering she HAS a walking dead man protecting her, I don't know and it continues Tyrion's descent into sheer incompetence ever since he joined Dany.

• Upvote 1

Not a filler, but certainly an episode to move the story along.

Obviously there is going to be a throw down north of the wall next week & it'll be epic.

I trying to think how the season will end. There seems a lot to cover in 2 episodes, especially if the rumours from the leaked scripts are true...(which would lead in from this weeks episode...).

Guest Pistonbroke

Another excellent episode, Littlefinger playing Ayra, said to the missus he was laying a trap. Although, maybe Ayra is aware of that herself. The obvious heritage of John Snow was revealed, albeit with Sam holding things up, although the fact Dragon had a Dragon/Human moment was revealing to say the least, most of us knew that John is really half Stark half Targenyen. Danerys also fancies the fuck out of John Snow. 

Nice to see Gendry back, also Morment, now the unlikely posse of men thrown together go in search of kidnapping a Whitewalker. 

This isn't a spoiler, just my opinion on things. Reckon next week will mostly be about how they catch a Whitewalker, take the proof back to Cersei whereon they will all agree a amnesty and join to wipe out the Whitewalkers. Probably also get to see how Littlefinger V Ayra goes and a bit of Sam and his bint thrown in. The last episode of this series will be the battle against the Whitwalkers and that bitch Cersei using it as a chance to back stab them all and gain power, albeit only until the last series. We may even see Danerys held in a cell, maybe's John, or both just before the credits roll and that famous music plays. Could be way off the mark like, I can't fucking wait to find out though. 

Yeah. Worst kept secret ever. Have you not been on the internet for the last three years?!

Well, it hasn't been known until that very moment. The fact that the marriage was annulled and he married a new wife is somewhat of a surprise to most. Targaryans often had multiple wives. He could have been a bastard heir, too. It was a big moment, to be fair.

I have watched it again and think it was a good episode. Probably the weakest of the season so far, but the brilliance of what has gone previously doesn't really mean it's that bad.

I really wished they had more episodes to flesh out the story a bit as it does feel like its rushing through things at times. Does anyone know why they've decided on the amount of episodes that are left? I mean, its the most popular show on TV, so it's not as if ratings are an issue. Maybe because it costs a load to make I don't know.