You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite ever non-Liverpool Premiership player

Section_31

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis Bergkamp,genius.

Wish he'd played for us.

Me too. Then again I wouldn't have minded most of the Arsenal team in those days, especially their "Invincible" era. Bergkamp, Henry, Vieira, Pires, Ljunberg, Cashley, Campbell etc. all in their prime. Fantastic team.

I know i'll get flack but Ronaldo has got it all as a player for me, he was amazing for the mancs and even better for Real. Crazy that he could have been a Liverpool player before. Other players that come to mind are Juninho, who in my mind still has the best free kicks I've ever seen, heard some people mention Le Tiss too, he was quality in his day and his free kicks were one of a kind.

The player I most "feared" was Thierry Henry, capable of destroying any defence and most usually it was Liverpool's BUT the player that was my favourite and that I dreamed of seeing him sign for Liverpool was Les Ferdinand in his QPR days. I used to dream we had him alongside Ian Rush. In 1995 Ferdinand signed for Newcastle for 6m and Collymore signed for us for 8.5m. If we had got Ferdinand I think we would have got a better deal.

Favourite ever non-Liverpool Premiership player

People listing players like schmeichel, essien, neville and ronaldo mystifies me.

well personally speaking, i listed schmeichel because im a dane, and he was one of my boyhood heroes with Fowler, Laudrup, Shearer, and McManaman.

He is for me the best keeper ever, and has a great personality, and thats why he is one of my favourites.

I know i'll get flack but Ronaldo has got it all as a player for me, he was amazing for the mancs and even better for Real. Crazy that he could have been a Liverpool player before. Other players that come to mind are Juninho, who in my mind still has the best free kicks I've ever seen, heard some people mention Le Tiss too, he was quality in his day and his free kicks were one of a kind.

I think you're getting confused here. The Juininho who used to play for Boro is not the one who is famous for his free kicks. He's Juninho Pernambucano. The free kick one is Juninho Paulista who played for Lyon.

I think you're getting confused here. The Juininho who used to play for Boro is not the one who is famous for his free kicks. He's Juninho Pernambucano. The free kick one is Juninho Paulista who played for Lyon.

the free kick one is Pernambercano defo.

I dont know how people can name anyone connected with the shite or the mancs

its too hard for me, i've loved too many!

Scholes or Cantona probably. Both supremely talented and always liked Scholes' complete shunning of fame and the fact that Cantona just did not give a fuck. It amused me greatly that he came to England with people thinking a fancy dan might get roughed out of games and he responded by kicking the shit out of alehouse defenders.

The player I most "feared" was Thierry Henry, capable of destroying any defence and most usually it was Liverpool's BUT the player that was my favourite and that I dreamed of seeing him sign for Liverpool was Les Ferdinand in his QPR days. I used to dream we had him alongside Ian Rush. In 1995 Ferdinand signed for Newcastle for 6m and Collymore signed for us for 8.5m. If we had got Ferdinand I think we would have got a better deal.

Used to love Ferdinand, he was boss, shite at Spurs though, I remember we were pretty close to getting him then getting my hopes up and then him going to the Toon. Was my favourite until Tino came along.

Ian Wright was class for me, big fan of his consiering he didn't get a professional contract til he was about 24 and was non league and still got to the top, in those days there were about 6 strikers who would get 30 a season, Shearer, Sutton, Ferdi, Wright, Fowler, Cole come to mind but then you had others who were class but maybe wouldn't score 30 a season like Sheringham or Le Tiss. Look at the dearth of options for Englsih strikers now, you can't find one who scores that many in a season although defences have improved the likes of Crouch, Defoe, a crocked Owen and one or two Championship strikers just don't cut it and Rooney's goal record for his talent is appalling. They don't make them like that no more.