You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

If I was Kenny I'd tell Chelsea thats the last player you'll get off us. Thats twice you have tapped our players and engineered it so that we have as little time as possible to get in a replacement. I don't care if the player puts in a request and you offer us 50M as long as I draw breath not one more player will leave this club and go directly to you

Even though we have strengthened the Chavs we have also weakened Spurs. Levy must feel like a prized nob. He turned down silly money for Modric thinking the chavs had no other options only to see Raul go instead. Now he's gonna be stuck with Modric who can't go to the chavs in January as the place has been filled.

We let Torres go to them -- now Meireles.

He's (was) one of our best midfielders. Deffo better than Speo, Maxi, Kuyt and Shelvey.

In addition he had qualities that we lack; creativity & ability to both pass, cross and shoot a ball.

Also it seems people forget that players gets injured, and that we need depth to keep up. What if Adam, Gerrard and/or Hendo gets injured? Which good, creative central midfielders do we have as backup for them? Speo? Come on.

Also I hear we're only getting £10-12mill for him.

Shit deal.

Stop posting silly comments on the internet.

TheKopMagazine Kop Magazine

#CFC have given #LFC £62m in 2011, effectively paying for Suarez, Downing, Adam, Jose Enrique & Coates #cheersRoman

Gerrard(Injured), Henderson(unproven,especially at centre-mid), Shelvey(really?) and Spearing(i just think he's extremely average)

Not ideal for me. Here's to Gerrard getting properly fit again, and Lucas and Adam can have injury free seasons.

You're underestimating the impact of Gerrard returning.

The manager's obviously got full confidence in the captain getting back to his best otherwise he'd have reinforced.

It's been a fantastic window for us, quite simply people shouldn't be moaning.

Big turnover of players, the club's in transition, and the squad looks far healthier.

Gerrard(Injured), Henderson(unproven,especially at centre-mid), Shelvey(really?) and Spearing(i just think he's extremely average)

Not ideal for me. Here's to Gerrard getting properly fit again, and Lucas and Adam can have injury free seasons.

Meireles himself could've got injured and we'd be relying on the same players, it'd have been nice to keep him but as far as i could see he was 5th choice centre mid so in fairness we have got a fairly brilliant deal

When you analyse his season, he scored 5 or 6 goals (and don't get me wrong they were important) in a month and did little else.

He doesn't tackle, he doesn't dominate games, he didn't really get us going passing wise and we had to accommodate him all over the place to get him in the team.

Getting our money back is great. The final major Purslow/Hodgson signing to go inside the year. Says it all

Guest ShoePiss
Tara Shitbag.... never has a more cowardly player been lamented by so many clueless fans.

He came, he saw... he shit his pants.

Nonsense, he's a good player and put in some very good performances for us while here. Not arsed that he's gone as we've made it clear we don't need him.

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith

As far as I can tell, #LFC have cut £30m off their wage bill and earned about £25m in transfer fees this summer. Net spend.

I would like to thank Chelsea for providing us with 62ml for which we got

Coates 8ml

Suarez 22ml

Downing 18ml

Adam 7ml

Enrique 6ml

Is it fair to have a go at Meireles and Chelsea?

Seems crystal clear to me that Kenny didn't rate him, and the machinery moved suspiciously quickly tonight for a 'sudden' move.

I'm not too bothered. Gerrard will be back soon and Bellamy is a cracking option to have. Good times.

Henderson hasnt proved he is better than Raul yet. Spearing and Shelvey should be nowhere near our premiership starting 11 and Gerrard is always injured.

I hope Lucas and Adam play exceptionally well all season as i definitely think we should have got another cm in after getting rid of raul and aquilani.

Not sure if you realise that he is a central midfielder. A worse central midfielder than lucas, adam, henderson and gerrard. In other words, our fifth best central midfielder. The list you use to to prove that he is one of our 'best midfielders' consists of a striker and 2 youth players. I'll give you maxi maybe but if someone offered us £12- £15m for him i would have sold him as well.

Wouldn't say he's worse than Lucas or Henderson. He's a different midfielder than Lucas -- more close to Hendo.

Kuyt has been used as a midfielder for years, and Speo/Shelvey is both in the 1st squad. They're our backup.

Nonsense, he's a good player and put in some very good performances for us while here. Not arsed that he's gone as we've made it clear we don't need him.

Bollocks... did well for about 6 weeks.

Take the goals out of his season and the only thing I remember is the shitting out of tackles.

Tara Shitbag.... never has a more cowardly player been lamented by so many clueless fans.

He came, he saw... he shit his pants.

Have to agree - Kenny's had his card marked since he subbed him in his first game. Injured himself against Exeter by bottling the tackle a la Redknapp. He did a job but doesn't fit the aggressive hard working midfield Kenny wants.

Henderson hasnt proved he is better than Raul yet. Spearing and Shelvey should be nowhere near our premiership starting 11 and Gerrard is always injured.

I hope Lucas and Adam play exceptionally well all season as i definitely think we should have got another cm in after getting rid of raul and aquilani.

Aye.

Hoping this move doesn't loose us a top 4 position.

Just realised that i've not mentioned in any of my posts that this is the best transfer window in living memory. Its now a fact that every player in the squad is here because they want to be at liverpool, to play for kenny, to play for us, and to win trophies at liverpool, not put themselves in the shop window for twats like chelsea or city. The Hodgson/Purslow era is now finally over, with the final rat off to join the ladyboy where he will continue to, as has been mentioned, shit out of tackles on more regular basis than aquilani. We have the most committed squad in years and all this without champions league to fund it. It has to be said that henry and the board have done us proud. Comolli has also done a great job shifting the deadwood, i for one fully expected some of the shite to still be here after this widow. The free transfer of degen is the icing on the cake. We've got our club back!

Guest ShoePiss
Bollocks... did well for about 6 weeks.

Take the goals out of his season and the only thing I remember is the shitting out of tackles.

You may have the memory of a goldfish and I'm not sure why taking a part of his game away from him helps back up your opinion.

Different kind of player, not a midfield hardman and didn't need to be, he was a pretty cultured player and put in good performances. It matters not to me anyway, he's no longer a Liverpool player.

Guest ShoePiss
You can definitely tell who has based their opinion of Meireles purely on his flashy January highlight reel...

Highlight reel? I watched every game he played for us.

Miereles was/ is a good player. Would have been nice to have him in our team and wanting to be in our team, but if he wants out then what can you do? He wasn't a tackler that much is clear but he did provide some guile from midfield, and we may miss his input there.

However, we have so many positives to take from this window that even though it's disappointing to lose a player of his quality, I think we will be fine. I like the look of Shelvey and if he can get some more game time because of Raul's exit then that's a positive thing for me.

Onwards and upwards. Great work by Kenny and Commolli. To cap it all off Degen has been released ! Nice!

A near perfect transfer window for all involved at LFC. Kenny, Comolli and FSG need applauding. A total squad overhall, all week areas addressed and all the turds flushed. The squad is now in the position where we can buy 1 or 2 world class players per window and build on an already impressive squad. The club seems to a complete opposite to what it was 12 months ago, this would have seemed like a dream back then.

If I was Kenny I'd tell Chelsea thats the last player you'll get off us. Thats twice you have tapped our players and engineered it so that we have as little time as possible to get in a replacement. I don't care if the player puts in a request and you offer us 50M as long as I draw breath not one more player will leave this club and go directly to you

Even though we have strengthened the Chavs we have also weakened Spurs. Levy must feel like a prized nob. He turned down silly money for Modric thinking the chavs had no other options only to see Raul go instead. Now he's gonna be stuck with Modric who can't go to the chavs in January as the place has been filled.

Excellent point. It makes us look weak, like we're being bullied. I don't like it. We should go all out to sign Modric in January, or next Summer.