You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Neither will the club. Some people on here need to stop with this victim attitude, we clearly saw Raul as surplus to requirements. It's not that the chavs have fucked us over at all.

If we really wanted to keep him the fee wouldn't have been £12m.

Agreed ,but we shouldn't be strengthening our rivals and no matter what your opinion on meireles,we have just strengthened those cunts

Feel to me like we just threw away a two goal lead in the injury time

hmmm, disappointing that. We look rather weak at CM now. We're an injury away from having to rely on Spearing.

Not that bothered really, think Spearing is a good player and we also have Jonjo. Maybe they'll both get time this season to progress, which shouldn't be a bad thing at all.

hmmm, disappointing that. We look rather weak at CM now. We're an injury away from having to rely on Spearing.

think thats quite simply bollocks, weak at centre mid?

we have Stevie, Adam, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey and Spearing, we relied on Spearing for a lot of february onwards, he never let us down, would've been nice to keep Meireles but this is our best transfer window for a long long time

Our best players? We've sold a sub for £15m. He was never gonna be first choice this season.

We let Torres go to them -- now Meireles.

He's (was) one of our best midfielders. Deffo better than Speo, Maxi, Kuyt and Shelvey.

In addition he had qualities that we lack; creativity & ability to both pass, cross and shoot a ball.

Also it seems people forget that players gets injured, and that we need depth to keep up. What if Adam, Gerrard and/or Hendo gets injured? Which good, creative central midfielders do we have as backup for them? Speo? Come on.

Also I hear we're only getting £10-12mill for him.

Shit deal.

We look rather weak at CM now.

Eh?

Adam, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Shelvey, Coady, Spearing.

He was surplus, we've paid 13m plus add ons for a younger player in Henderson and recouped most of it.

That one finger salute from Meireles looks even more cuntish now, doesn't it.

think thats quite simply bollocks, weak at centre mid?

we have Stevie, Adam, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey and Spearing, we relied on Spearing for a lot of february onwards, he never let us down, would've been nice to keep Meireles but this is our best transfer window for a long long time

Gerrard(Injured), Henderson(unproven,especially at centre-mid), Shelvey(really?) and Spearing(i just think he's extremely average)

Not ideal for me. Here's to Gerrard getting properly fit again, and Lucas and Adam can have injury free seasons.

We let Torres go to them -- now Meireles.

He's (was) one of our best midfielders. Deffo better than Speo, Maxi, Kuyt and Shelvey.

In addition he had qualities that we lack; creativity & ability to both pass, cross and shoot a ball.

Also I hear we're only getting £10-12mill for him.

Shit deal.

Not sure if you realise that he is a central midfielder. A worse central midfielder than lucas, adam, henderson and gerrard. In other words, our fifth best central midfielder. The list you use to to prove that he is one of our 'best midfielders' consists of a striker and 2 youth players. I'll give you maxi maybe but if someone offered us £12- £15m for him i would have sold him as well.