You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

José Enrique

@J_Enrique3 José Enrique

Quiero permanecer en Newcastle, pero estoy confundida con lo que sucede aquí!

Google translation

I want to stay in Newcastle, but I am confused with what happens here!

Is that a fake account. Why would a person who is a Spanish speaking native post confundida instead of confundido. His a man not a woman. Also his account says I play for Newcastle United and on the bottom it says puedo jugar en el Newcastle United. I should say juego en Newcastle United or juego para el Newcastle United.

Is that a fake account. Why would a person who is a Spanish speaking native post confundida instead of confundido. His a man not a woman. Also his account says I play for Newcastle United and on the bottom it says puedo jugar en el Newcastle United. I should say juego en Newcastle United or juego para el Newcastle United.

Yea I googled it and it is fake. I seen a retweet from it a while back and start following it and since they never tweeted anything crazy I thought it was real.

Sunderland have made an improved £10million bid for Ipswich striker Connor Wickham as they look to pip Liverpool to the teenager.

Wickham is keen on the move to Anfield but would not rule out going to the Stadium of Light as he is ambitious to play in the Premier League.

Sportsmail revealed last month that Sunderland were competing for Wickham, who is rated at £12million by Ipswich, and Sunderland manager Steve Bruce has made the 18-year-old his prime striker target for the summer.

You know what I'd love? If Wickham wasn't quite ready yet, they signed him, he had a great end to the season, then we bought him for the season after as Bruce rocked his big fat wobbly manc potato head around and started crying at us all over again.

Fuck him. Wickham supports us, Bruce is a cunt. I'm sure he'll be here one day if he does well enough.

And what's stopping us from going in for Wickham? Are we even after him? We just seem to be watching Sunderland bid and not doing anything ourselves, which makes me think there's other stuff going on. If we wanted him that badly wouldn't he already be here?

just make a fair bid for clichy and move on. 20 million for henderson and 5 million for clichy....it seems if clichy was english liverpool would bid 15 million. Just make the 10 million and move on...we know you have money

He has one year left on his contract, he doesn't want to stay there, and he doesn't have much interest (two teams). 5m is a good offer.

Sunderland make £8m move for Wickham, but starlet tells friends he wants to join Liverpool By Mel Henderson

Last updated at 1:02 AM on 22nd June 2011

Comments (0) Add to My Stories Share

Sunderland have launched an £8 million bid for Ipswich teenager Connor Wickham.

But it is doomed to failure with the Tractor Boys demanding £12million – and the youngster prepared to hold out for a more glamorous move.

Black Cats' boss Steve Bruce has made 18-year-old Wickham his No 1 summer signing target.

Wick of all right: Connor Wickham is one of the country's most sought after young players

His is the first official bid in the race to snap up the England Under 21 international and it is set to spark a four-club auction for the youngster.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham are also keen on the powerfully built striker who became Ipswich's youngest-ever player when he made his senior debut in April 2009, aged just 16 years and 11 days.

Money to spend: Sunderland are armed with £20m after the sale of Henderson

Sunderland are desperate to boost their attacking options after the £24m sale of England ace Darren Bent to Aston Villa in January.

Armed with the cash from that deal and Jordan Henderson's recent £20m move to Liverpool, they are not short of buying power.

But Wickham, who has netted 15 goals in 72 appearances – including 35 as a substitute – for Ipswich, has told friends he would prefer to join Liverpool.

Read more: Sunderland outbid Liverpool in Connor Wickham pursuit | Mail Online

Horus, that photo might have been just the thing needed to get his transfer moving. They'd likely just reject a transfer request, because Young is moving on this summer, but with the fans wanting Downing out? Perfect move.

If you were Lerner, looking at that, wouldn't you be thinking that the price just went up £2m? I would. He still has 2 years left on his contract so he's not in that strong a position yet. Personally, as his agent, I'd bang his head against a table.

They wont want the player running down his contract if he has said he wants to move then that is what will happen and the price will be what they can get Liverpool to pay if he wont go anywhere else but here he is worth around the same mark as Young 12-15m no more few teams could afford that fee and his wages and it would need to be a club on the next level to the one he is at so it limits them somewhat

If you were Lerner, looking at that, wouldn't you be thinking that the price just went up £2m? I would. He still has 2 years left on his contract so he's not in that strong a position yet. Personally, as his agent, I'd bang his head against a table.

No, I would that he'd be able to take the highground, and get rid of a player that doesn't want to be at the club, for a fair price, and take no flack from the supporters for doing so, nor would the new, already despised, manager.

With 30m from Downing and Young, they could easily buy three players that will improve Villa's first team. N'zogbia would be a good bet, and maybe someone like Jarvis, and then another to add to the first team.

I'd see that photo as an opportunity to sell Downing whilst he still has value, and interest.

I hardly watch league 1, but had a look at Nolan Roux as it is my hometown and people was so excited after getting back in L1 after so long !

The lad has qualities, no doubt about that, but i wouldn't say he's an improvement on N'Gog who would be playing in a top 4 team in France !

You got a brother called Areh?

Not sure whether Wickham is worth 8 mil, tbh.

What are you basing that on?

I have absolutely no idea as to his 'worth' - or any other player for that matter! - but Wickham would certainly appear to have a lot of upside. 18 year old striker playing regularly in the Championship and representing his country at u21 level.

Worth taking a punt on for that money in my view.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Not sure whether Wickham is worth 8 mil, tbh.

I'd much sooner we put extra cash into securing his services, as somebody who could quite possibly become world-class, rather than spending the extra to secure players like Adam or Downing, who, if we're entirely honest, are not ever going to come close.

I'd much sooner we put extra cash into securing his services, as somebody who could quite possibly become world-class, rather than spending the extra to secure players like Adam or Downing, who, if we're entirely honest, are not ever going to come close.

I think we've demonstrated, and will continue to, that we are more than willing to do that; however at the moment we need players to go straight into the first team as well, and there aren't many 18 year old wingers or central midfielders that are ready. Therefore we are wisely looking to bolster our first team and squad whilst also actively pursuing the next generation to follow them into the team. Hence looking at Wickham, when we already have Carroll and Kuyt to play most of the games. Sadly on the wings in particular we have a dearth of first team players and will need to buy at least two senior players as a priority before we worry about youth.

Like you, I'm not really sold on Adam and would rather keep Meireles. However I can see why Kenny is interested as they are quite different players.

I think we've demonstrated, and will continue to, that we are more than willing to do that; however at the moment we need players to go straight into the first team as well, and there aren't many 18 year old wingers or central midfielders that are ready. Therefore we are wisely looking to bolster our first team and squad whilst also actively pursuing the next generation to follow them into the team. Hence looking at Wickham, when we already have Carroll and Kuyt to play most of the games. Sadly on the wings in particular we have a dearth of first team players and will need to buy at least two senior players as a priority before we worry about youth.

Agree kind of. But much prefer Wickham to Adam for similar money even if they aren't similar positions.

And neither of them are first team material at Liverpool but Wickham might be in the future.

There is the inherent flaw in your logic.

I am not sure you get my logic, Zig. The point isn't about filling cetain positions, it's about where the money could be better spent.

Two players both of whom would have better players preventing them from playing in the first team, but one is 18 and the other is 25 and they will cost something similar.

My 'logic' screams to me spend the money on the younger player with the better prospects.

There's only one English youngster at present who looks remotely like becoming a 'World Class' player and that's Jack Wilshire.