You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LA Noire

James

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't extra cases going to be available as dlc?

There will be the pre-order bonuses which will become available, which consist of two cases and a couple of suits/guns.

Then there will be at least two entire desks in the future as dlc as well. They are Robbery/Burglary and Bunco (Fraud)

Personally, I think the fraud one sounds fucking brilliant, but that is because I preferred the cases that weren't murder related. Gas Man (which technically had murder but was arson) and the one where the boxer does a Butch Coolidge and you have to get to him before Mickey Cohen's goons were my two favourite cases.

Very good story and interesting game but once you've hit the end of the main story it's pretty much useless isn't it? I'm trading it in tomorrow I reckon. Can't be arsed doing missions again to get five stars,

I'm keeping it for the trophies and the DLC when it comes out on PSN.

And any future DLC that comes out.

So all in all did it live up to the hype of being the greatest game ever ( which is half life 2 and the 2 episodes for me.... or metal gear solid.... or oblivion..... arkham asylum).

No.

And some fucker needs to review the reviewers.

Because the scores for this overhyped cretinous pile of fucking filth are a complete joke.

Drive

Look around

Find evidence/pick up evidence

Talk

Drive.....

repeat for 20/30 missions or however many are in this cunt of a game.

So all in all did it live up to the hype of being the greatest game ever ( which is half life 2 and the 2 episodes for me.... or metal gear solid.... or oblivion..... arkham asylum).

Nope, trading it in tomorrow.

Unless you have a crazy amount of time on your hands it's shit in my opinion. To much crap before you get to actually doing something and even then it seems like all you do is drive or run after someone.

Not a patch on Grand Theft Auto.

If I'm being honest, this is Rockstar's weakest release to date.

Although it's a lovely produced game, the gameplay is rather limited in what you can do. lt becomes tiresome after a while.

With GTA and Red Dead, you could just roam, play additional games etc and gameplay was a lot more extensive and you felt in complete control. None of this structured bollocks.

Tempted to trade it in at Gamestation, even though I haven't finished it yet, while the trade in is still high.

While I don't think its as good as Red Dead Redemption, I do think it's miles better than Grand Theft Auto. It feels like it's setting up the world for use in further stories/games and I can't wait to see the directions they try to take it in.

The game is far more structured than the other two but I'm sure that the settings that have been by and large unused by this one will be explored in upcoming episodes.

As for finding all the collectibles, anybody know where I can find the Buick Eight Coupe, Packard Custom and Plymouth Sedan?

Completed the main game and i thought it was brilliant.

Enjoyed the storyline and whilst the missions were repetitive most games are.

One thing which has been noted is that i doubt i will replay the game and for if i was paying for the games then i would rent this is i completed over the course of a couple of days.

Completed the main game and i thought it was brilliant.

Enjoyed the storyline and whilst the missions were repetitive most games are.

One thing which has been noted is that i doubt i will replay the game and for if i was paying for the games then i would rent this is i completed over the course of a couple of days.

I've just finished the story and would pretty much agree with that.

However I've got plenty of time on my hands so will be going back to replay some missions (got a couple of 1 stars and a 2 star to sort out).

I've also managed to complete the game without finding a single film reel so I've got a lot of searching to do.

As for finding all the collectibles, anybody know where I can find the Buick Eight Coupe, Packard Custom and Plymouth Sedan?

I've just found a Plymouth Sedan

Look for 2nd street that cuts through the word "CENTRAL" on the map, follow it north until you see Beverley Blvd. Follow that west until you see Bonnie Brae St. There are two small roads parallel to Bonnie Brae street. Go to the first one under Bonnie Brae st and go to the junction where it meets Beverley Blvd. I found it in a car park there.

(The car park under the sign for Capt 'n Saltee crisps)

I get the feeling this is a test bed for proper games. In the same way Table Tennis was rock stars motion capture test app for the GTA IV / RDR modelling, I think this is the voice/face matching application.

It may not be that great (I dont even know, cant comment as Ive not played it), but its the genesis of something amazing.

Still can't find that bloody Packard. If DLC doesn't count, it's just that that's stopping me getting 100% and the platinum.

Is it the Packard Custom you need?

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

If you do the Hot Property Street Crime on the Arson desk again. When the chase starts the guy in the truck goes into a parking lot at the end of the street. When he does that you should see a car hit the wall and stop right at the entrance of the parking lot, that will be a Packard Custom jump out and get into it and you should get the car award before the case fails.