You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LA Noire

James

not really liking this, maybe im just shit at it but to me the interview answers are a bit vague, its like i have to guess what the right answer is to get the most helpful response

i played a few missiions early on and my 'investigation' work has mostly been a complete fuck up(I dont think ive interviewed anyone without upsetting them) but theres no consequences, at the end the Police Captian was saying 'great job detective' and ive been promoted to homicide

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my copy before work this morning. Gonna leave playing it until Friday/Saturday as I'm on long weekend.

Also, my postman is off the hook. But he's a twat for making me waste a decent pillowcase...

I've cracked the secret to making this game good, I got really bored of it after about 4 hours on the first day so I didn't play it for a few days but then went back to it and did a couple of missions, leave a day or 2 then do another few. Makes it a little more fresh every time.

This has now been given a full release in the UAE so managed to pick it up yesterday (£50 right enough!). I think it's excellent, maybe it's a bit samey but so far I've really enjoyed it. When I've finished the story I'll definitely be going back to try and finish the cases perfectly. I'll need to improve my interview techniques though, I'm fucking hopeless.

Completed it tonight, proper fucking good.

Sad it ended to be honest! At 92 point something completion though so going to try and get 100% and get the platinum trophy.

I just proper loved it. Couldn't get into Red Dead at all (probably go back to it after this) but i just loved this from word go.

Also I think [massive spoiler!]

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

there's almost certainly going to be an LA Noire 2. The few missions as Jack Kelso and the demise of Phelps leaves it open for a new game.

I think they'll get a few more games out of this brand at least. Hopefully anyway

The interviewing isn't that bad. All you have to do is check their facial expressions, eye movement and erratic behavior. If you don't have the evidence to accuse them of lying, you select doubt.

Just completed the Butterfly case. Absolutely brilliant.

Not in a rush to get this completed. Just playing a bit every day.

The only annoying thing apart from the main character you are playing is how easy the street crimes are to complete. They should have been a lot more challenging.

Completed it tonight, proper fucking good.

Sad it ended to be honest! At 92 point something completion though so going to try and get 100% and get the platinum trophy.

I just proper loved it. Couldn't get into Red Dead at all (probably go back to it after this) but i just loved this from word go.

Also I think [massive spoiler!]

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

there's almost certainly going to be an LA Noire 2. The few missions as Jack Kelso and the demise of Phelps leaves it open for a new game.

I think they'll get a few more games out of this brand at least. Hopefully anyway

I'm just running through Arson now, been busy most of the week so bar a few goes on Dirt 3 the PS has barely been used for gaming.

Trying to get through the Arson desk today/tonight although I've just replayed The Gas Man because it reckoned I charged the wrong man so I replayed to get 5 stars on it.

Would I be right in saying that the guy you end up having to charge is actually the wrong man and you discover it later? Everything pointed to Varley as far as I was concerned because he lied at every question and the guy who you charge to have the "right" person was way to open about stuff to be guilty I thought.