You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LA Noire

James

L.A. Noire | Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This looks fucking awesome.

Edge did an article on both this game and Mafia 2, and while they said Mafia was a good game, LA Noire could be groundbreaking because of the choices that the player makes in accordance to a story that isn't told through a linear plot line.

I also think that LA Noire will be better because it is Rockstar, they're pretty good at depicting different eras of American culture as seen in GTA, (90's LA in San Andreas and 70's Miami in Vice City).

First LA Noire gameplay trailer - Eurogamer Videos | Eurogamer.net

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edge did an article on both this game and Mafia 2, and while they said Mafia was a good game, LA Noire could be groundbreaking because of the choices that the player makes in accordance to a story that isn't told through a linear plot line.

I also think that LA Noire will be better because it is Rockstar, they're pretty good at depicting different eras of American culture as seen in GTA, (90's LA in San Andreas and 70's Miami in Vice City).

Did they use the actor playing Ken Cosgrove in Mad Men for the lead character in the game as he looks & sounds like him?

• 2 months later...

A tiny win for PS3 in these darkest times.

LA Noire To Ship On Three Discs For 360, One For PS3

LA Noire To Ship On Three Discs For 360, One For PS3

by Devin Coldewey on May 5, 2011

Tags: CrunchArcade, la noire

LA Noire, one of the biggest games on the table this year, will be shipping for Microsoft’s system on three separate discs, and while they assure us it’s “hassle-free,” it’s still three discs. The PS3 version will fit on one 25GB Blu-ray disc. Now, I’m not saying one version is going to be better than the other (or all I know, the PS3 version has higher load times or more compressed textures), but this is definitely a score for the PS3′s larger format.

Maybe I’ll wait for the PC version, which will come on no discs at all.

Am I right in thinking this will be a sort of prohibition-era Red Dead Redemption? One of those - what do you call them? - sand box games? If so, I'm buying.

Not quite. Like said above it's post war. It's Noir. Noir came about in the late forties and went til the late fifties.

Also, if you're expecting this to be like RDR you'll be disappointed. The game concentrates much more on police work, investigation, finding and interpreting clues etc than gunplay which, while still there, is a much smaller aspect of the game than RDR or any GTA game. Much smaller. Don't go into this expecting RDR in Cadillacs. It's going to be very different.

Cannot wait for this to be posted through my door. Was thinking of taking the day off work on release day and I've never even come close to doing that before with a game.

One main reason for owning a 360 is so I can play Rockstar games. Love that you get so involved in a 'world'. I probably know more streets in Liberty City than the place I live.

Red Dead Redemption was pure class and although this focuses more on police work I can see this being a step up, despite there not being an online multiplayer element to it.

*goes back to sit under letterbox*

Guest TK-421

Is it just me who doesn't watch these trailers? I like everything to be fresh, yo.

Like when I put my "Repton" cassette in for the first time and fired it up. Then the BBC Model B said "welcome to Repton". Holy shit, it's talking. "Pauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul. The computer is talking!!!!!".

Wouldn't have been the same if I'd watched it on youtube first.

This game looks outstanding but I'm trying not to get my hopes up about it, I reckon it's going to be banned in Dubai.

They previously banned Red Dead Redemption and I had to pick up a copy elsewhere and bring it back so was playing it months after everyone else had finished it. I spotted a copy in the shops last week though so they must have relaxed their ruling on it eventually.

If this is banned I'll be fucking gutted.

Not really sure. Reckon they'd just take it off you and give you a slap on the wrist. I find pleading ignorance works just as well with customs officials as it does with the wife.

They're generally clueless anyway, I brought a load of DVD's over from the UK (just the discs, no boxes) and the woman checking through them was asking if Kill Bill was an "adult film"!