You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a red. You're been dishonest with yourself to suggest otherwise.

There is one idiot in the sending off, and that's Gerrard

It was a rash challenge, but no worse than a yellow imo. That ref let everything go in the World Cup Final, and some of those challenges would get you arrested. Never a pen either.

At least, we put up a decent fight and have some hope for the future. Lets beat them cunts in our backyard in our conditions in 2 months time.

I cant agree with this.

What on earth was he doing when he let Owen walk past him on the touchline exactly like when him and Johnson let that Blackburn player do the same thing.

I might be wrong on this one but was he not the one to let Evans have a free header when he hit the post as well and another time earlier when he let that mexican also have a free header?

Cant wait to have Carra back and play him togteher with Agger.

I think that was Maxi..

Incidentally - what the fuck? I've been reading the match reports just now and they largely all discuss "Daniel Agger's needless/clumsy challenge." Jesus wept - I know they've "barely got into 3rd gear this season" but their PR department obviously isn't exactly idle. I had hoped that this would serve to add more fuel to the questionable refereeing they benefit from, but it seems that the legitimacy of the decision isn't open to question. Ginsoak and Sir Ryan have spoken - Berbatov is a good, honest pro who doesn't dive and Webb is a fine example of a referee, so that oaf Agger must have chopped him. Must have.

It's hard to write this tonight because I was pleased with everything about our play apart from Gerrard's tackle, which isn't the worst you'll ever see but a red card for me. However, that shouldn't have happened, because Webb should have spotted the two footed tackle by Rafael about 15 seconds earlier. That's probably just a talking to, but his failure to spot that led to the whole red card incident.

As for the penalty, it's just not. Ever. Berbatov, Pisshead and the Duckbilled Platypus all screamed about "contact." I don't think there was any. I've not seen any contact on any replay. If there was any, and again, I don't think there was, then Berbatov has still taken a step before launching himself to the floor. Clear dive.

And Howard Webb, the bald corrupt cunt, absolutely couldn't wait to give it. I've seen a few reports say "he gave himself plenty of time." No he didn't, he went racing to the spot. With glee. This is the third time in three games at Old Trafford that Howard Webb has left Liverpool players and fans questioning his commitment to impartiality. In 2010, he:

1) Gave a penalty against Mascherano when the foul clearly took place outside the box.

2) Didn't send Jonny Evans off for hauling Torres off when through on goal.

And that penalty today is the latest outrage. It's not a one off, it's a pattern. I do not want to see this incompetent bellend in the county, let alone anywhere near one of Liverpool's games, for a significant period of time. I don't know if he's biased towards United, but he's definitely biased against Liverpool. Thankfully, Dalglish went off on one after the match and it's about time someone from the club spoke out against him. It's not just United games where he makes our lives difficult, he is an absolute embarrassment. If I ever see him near a Liverpool game again it'll be too soon. Bent.

It's a shame that yet again I come back to the referee because we were much better today, far more commitment, far more passion. I liked the changes, I liked the tempo, I liked the fight. If we play like that we'll be fine.

And Giggs can fuck off as well.

"I didn't see the red card incident."

You were still in the referee's face demanding a red card though weren't you, you hairy cunt.