You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Said before, will say again. Without the bent referees and a few Slur's "buddies", who gift wrap 3 points even before the game, thanks to their inspiring team talk like "if we get a point at Old Trafford that will be a huge achievement", they wouldn't have won half the titles they have.

It shows in Champions League for them. Where they have to face proper referees.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a dreadful player. Cost them a pretty penny too.

Anyway, regardless of how this finishes up now, I am encouraged by our performance. We were always up against it from the second this was drawn out of that hat. Bring Blackpool on Tue/Wed, whenever it is.

It was only 30 million euros!

Very happy with that performance, showed true determination and didn't give up even till the last minute Kuyt was running back and forth. We were absolutely knackered though, I think Kenny will be pleased with the performance and we can go into the blackpool game with some confidence knowing we held united at their own ground.

We'll miss Gerrard though, silly mistake, ok decision from Webb {I think another ref would give the same decision if Carrick did that at our ground}

Kelly was superb today, he should be first on the team sheet on Wednesday.

Kuyt is the worst sort of player in those situations. Not only does he offer no resistance, but he wastes the ball and makes the wrong decisions, and playing with 10 men, you have to expend an awful lot of energy to get it back. Maxi, when he was on, didn't waste the ball at all, and did more chasing back and across the field. Hopefully Kenny will have taken note of that.

Kelly was really good again. He should be in the team on merit. Merieles, Torres both very poor today. The rest of the defence did well, though were lucky on a few occasions. Lucas dominated by Fletcher, but wasn't poor. Babel was Babel, and Ngog Ngog.

Kelly was awesome. Holds of players like there just little kids trying to get a kick. Im well encouraged by today 1-0 defeat and im still buzzing, howard webb wont knock this smile off my face.

Totally agree. This was a performance to take some pride in regardless, and Kelly with Fab should be in our regular back four. I hope Kenny gets another striker and centre half soon, because there is so much he can achieve without them.

Never in my life have i felt so positive after losing to Man U, never.

Indeed - What a difference pressing makes in every area of the field. I'm still incredulous that Roy thought he should reinvent the team into a standoff-ish counter attacking unit. Had he shown a bit of flexibility he'd likely still be here and we'd be about 12 points better off.

Very pleased with the performance. Utd came out in classic Fergie style, first and foremost try to kill the game and did little in the first half and it worked. It would have been 0-0 at HT if it hadn't been for the pen. We had no cutting edge but until the red we were getting men ahead of the ball, which - believe me - is SO refreshing. After that it was pretty much inevitable, Utd continued to sit on the game only really challenging from set pieces. Second half Utd turned the screw and asked so many questions. Reina did brilliantly, Skrtel was a liability at times (including one corner which could easily have been a justified penalty). Meireles had a very poor game, as did Torres. But otherwise I am very pleased by the performances. Great subs that positively affected the game too. Brilliant. A small building block put in place.

Very happy with that performance, showed true determination and didn't give up even till the last minute Kuyt was running back and forth. We were absolutely knackered though, I think Kenny will be pleased with the performance and we can go into the blackpool game with some confidence knowing we held united at their own ground.

We'll miss Gerrard though, silly mistake, ok decision from Webb {I think another ref would give the same decision if Carrick did that at our ground}

Kelly was superb today, he should be first on the team sheet on Wednesday.

Torres jogged off fresh as a daisy.