You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest The Chimp

Guest The Chimp

Not sure how much you know about what's gone on here, but there's an area from mid Queensland up towards the north of the state that's suffered from severe rainfall pretty much since before Christmas. At present there's an area about the combined size of France and Germany under water.

Loads of snakes and crocs around in the towns as they've come in with the flood waters and some pretty nasty diseases surfacing as well.

Here's a link with some pics one of the lads from back home forwarded me.

I dont know why such a big fuss is being made over this. It's only Australians, no big deal. Bloody convicts had it coming and I for one will sleep a bit sounder tonight knowing the world has just become a slightly safer place.

Anyway, they always make a big fuss about how good they are at swimming and now they fucking moan when they get to swim all day.

How is it up on the Gold Coast now?? Brisbane river has broke it's banks and they reckon it's gonna beat the 1974 floods, up to 100,000 people expected to be affected tomorrow, CBD offices have been evacuated. Lucky it wasn't while the auld bat and ball was being played, sould have been carnage with all the extra tourists.

Guest ian garro

Lad I know lives near brisbane. He updated his Facebook thingy today, just letting everyone know they're ok and it hasn't reached them yet etc. One of, what I assume are, his neighbours replies, saying her husband's gone to work in it.

So, Paul replies: "He wont get there - or if he does, he won't get home. The River Logan is starting to break.

To which the nieghbour replied: "I know, he just thinks its just being blown out of all proportion... what a dickhead !".

Made me laugh, anyway.

"Everything moves in cycles, so twice a century the ocean let's us know just how small we really are. A storm comes out of Antarctica, tearing up the Pacific, and it sends a huge swell north miles. And when it hits Bells Beach it'll turn into the biggest surf this planet has ever seen. And I will be there."

"Everything moves in cycles, so twice a century the ocean let's us know just how small we really are. A storm comes out of Antarctica, tearing up the Pacific, and it sends a huge swell north miles. And when it hits Bells Beach it'll turn into the biggest surf this planet has ever seen. And I will be there."

RIP Swayze.

Bells Beach is down my neck of the woods though, so don't think its the 40 year storm up there in Queensland.

Im in Surfers Paridise now at the minute suppose to be dropping the camper to Brisbane on sat and flying to Sydneys sat evening not looking good for that. Guess ill have to try fly from Gold Coast airport and leve the camper in Byron Bay. Hope so anyway. Oh well back through Nimbin again

Reports of looters in flooded Ipswich - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Reports of looters in flooded Ipswich

Updated 9 hours 10 minutes ago

* Map: Goodna 4300

* Related Story: Floodbound Ipswich braces for peak

There are reports of looters and a bull shark in the flooded Ipswich suburb of Goodna, west of Brisbane.

Local Councillor Paul Tully says the main street of the Ipswich suburb is four to six metres under water.

He says residents have reported seeing two boats of people breaking into homes along Brisbane Terrace.

"The people who do that in the time of a disaster are despicable - they're the scum of the Earth," he said.

"They deserve nothing less than a jail sentence for preying on people who are caught in one of the worst crises of their life.

"I just find it absolutely appalling what these people are doing."

He has also warned Ipswich residents to stay out of floodwaters after a bull shark was spotted in the main street of Goodna.

He says sharks are common in the Goodna stretch of the Brisbane river and residents should take care.

"Stay out of the water - you've got the problem of the sanitation of the water, but also the possibility of bull sharks and being eaten," he said.

"I never would have thought I would ever have seen a bull shark in the main street of Goodna."

There you go, don't go back to your houses, you'll need to fight off the sharks first. Fucking hell.