You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ross Noble

Lurtz

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him. As you point out Dave, his error is that he says something mildly funny, a few people laugh and he just carries on and on which breaks a comedy rule (unless you've VERY good which clearly he's not). As he rattles on he becomes less and less funny and more and more irritating. Extrapolate that over a 40 minute episode of HIGNFY and you get my point. Annoying, boring geordie.

Edit: And I think what's really annoyed me about him is that Micky Flannagan was on HIGNFY this week and he couldn't get a word in for the geordie rattling on and on in his "look at me and how surreal my comedy is" fashion. Flannagan is a genuinely funny bloke.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on him. As you point out Dave, his error is that he says something mildly funny, a few people laugh and he just carries on and on which breaks a comedy rule (unless you've VERY good which clearly he's not). As he rattles on he becomes less and less funny and more and more irritating. Extrapolate that over a 40 minute episode of HIGNFY and you get my point. Annoying, boring geordie.

Edit: And I think what's really annoyed me about him is that Micky Flannagan was on HIGNFY this week and he couldn't get a word in for the geordie rattling on and on in his "look at me and how surreal my comedy is" fashion. Flannagan is a genuinely funny bloke.

Noble really is VERY good. He disappears up blind alleys sometimes but he's a superb live act.

Ross Noble is sound, and he hates the Condems with a passion. He's always been quality on Have I Got News For You and was very funny on Jonathan Ross earlier this year. I saw him at the Empire a few weeks ago and was pissing myself throughout. I've never seen anyone go off on tangents and then still come back to the story he was telling with such skill before. His interaction with the crowd and hecklers was also top drawer.

Guest davelfc

He's a poor mans Eddie Izzard. The best thing I can say is that you're hardly likely to be repeating anything you've heard him say (at length) because I don't think even he could.

not seen either of them live, but that Flannagan seemed god awful on Hignfy. I don't mind Noble, not brilliant, not terrible. Which makes him beter than 90% of comedians out there.

'that Flannagan' was maybe a little out of his comfort zone on HIGNFY and wasn't helped by Nobles constant hilarious witterings. I've been watching him whenever I can for years and he's excellent.

Guest davelfc
I really like Noble on the recorded live shows I've seen - as VV says he has the ability to ad lib (apparently) but pull it all together. I imagine most of the Noble haters don't like Harry Hill either - personally I love that kind of stuff and it doesn't rely on humiliating or ripping the piss out of people.

I like Harry Hill, now he does take the piss out of people. Noble did a good job on the Tory Eric Pickles on hignfy last night. He has his moments but they get less and less funny as he goes off track.

I think he ruins most shows he is on. His live act is more than a little off the wall and requires you to go with him on that strange journey. I didn't and wanted it to end. Luckily it was about 6 comedians in a row so I didn't have to wait too long.

I like Harry Hill, now he does take the piss out of people. Noble did a good job on the Tory Eric Pickles on hignfy last night. He has his moments but they get less and less funny as he goes off track.

I think he ruins most shows he is on. His live act is more than a little off the wall and requires you to go with him on that strange journey. I didn't and wanted it to end. Luckily it was about 6 comedians in a row so I didn't have to wait too long.

Its very gentle though - a big contrast with some of the vicious stuff many comedians rely on to get a laugh.

As you say his shows need you to follow him on his ramblings - bit like the old Eddie Izzard routines. Marmite type humour I guess.