You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa will be sacked after world club champs

adidas samba

Won 3-0 tonight in the World Club thing.

I think they play the Congolese champs in the final , although there seemed to be another game today between 2 teams I had never heard of ( assume it was a 5th / 6th place play off or summmat )

Bit disappointed that the final wasn't Internazionale v Internacional.

If the shit stirrers (I've no idea what I.T.K. actually stands for) are right for once I wonder if this is going to be regarded as the achievement that 'saves' him. South American football has gone right down the pan if they aren't qualifying for this.

Europe swiping all their talent?

As a kid that was the beauty of the World Cup, you never knew who these people were. Remember listening to a crap radio signal in 81 as Zico tore us a new one in Japan.

How did we not win this in 2005? That game still bugs me.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie what Tpaddy said was, that Rafael Benitez did not make a a signing post Torres that would be considered as a major success. And he never built a team that would be considered majorly successful.

Success is relative. We were never going to win everything on offer. So you dont consider 08/09 as a successful season?

Success is relative. We were never going to win everything on offer. So you dont consider 08/09 as a successful season?

I certainly don't we won nothing and the summer of 2008 and 2009 were the worst dealings in the transfer Market in our history, had even 2 of the Keane, Riera, Dossena, Aqualani, Johnson transfers been succesful he might still have his job here

Our transfer dealings were gash.

But from 2006 up until 2009 we had a team feared throughout Europe and we generally did well in the league and Europe. Obviously the trophies dried up after the FA Cup win but we generally had good seasons and looked like a team on the cusp of something great.

Unfortunately we fell at the last hurdle and never looked the same since.

I certainly don't we won nothing and the summer of 2008 and 2009 were the worst dealings in the transfer Market in our history, had even 2 of the Keane, Riera, Dossena, Aqualani, Johnson transfers been succesful he might still have his job here

If Roy Hodgson achieves with us what his predecessor achieved would he be considered a failure or a hero?

Had we not had the worst owners in our history do you not think we would have been even more successful?

well tbh everything after 2006 was a failure. And am being generous here by counting the FA cup as a success, even tho its just a minor trophy.

2007: no CL or league win.

2008: no CL or league win.

2009: still no CL or league win.

2010: no CL or league win + self destruct.

If Roy Hodgson achieves with us what his predecessor achieved would he be considered a failure or a hero?

Had we not had the worst owners in our history do you not think we would have been even more successful?

Finishing 2nd after 5 years and failing to win a trophy for 3 years with a squad you assembled after Spending £200m is not a success, no matter who the manager is, i've pointed out 5 major transfers in a 14 month period costing nearly £80m and not one was a success, he signed those players, not Hicks and Gillet, not Parry or Purslow, Rafa did, had 2/3 of them been a success he'd have kept his job, they weren't and the squad is poor over the shit dealings

I think that's a fair shout. He let himself get distracted from the football by the politics in my opinion, and wasn't helped by negative spend in the last two seasons. He also made some big errors of his own in the market in that time, and was probably too cautious away from home, but nothing on the scale of Roy's caution.

Amazing the lengths people will go to defend the fat cunt, saying he "took the wrong job" and "didn't have any money to spend".

He's about to get sacked, deservedly, from one of the easiest "big" jobs in football. He stopped being a good coach in 2006. Get over it and be thankful he's not here signing useless shit and complaining about it.

Guest PurpleNose
well tbh everything after 2006 was a failure. And am being generous here by counting the FA cup as a success, even tho its just a minor trophy.

2007: no CL or league win.

2008: no CL or league win.

2009: still no CL or league win.

2010: no CL or league win + self destruct.

I'd fucking love to win the FA Cup this year.

What a crowd of Clueless cunts that are on here,

a Manager that won 2 La Liga's competing week in week out against the 2 biggest Clubs on the planet, a Champions League,a UEFA Cup and a FA Cup.

I fuckin despair, I couldn't give a fuck about Rafa at Inter.

You crowd of clueless Cunts,instead of making snide remarks about former Managers put your time and energy into ridding the Club of the worst Manager we've had in modern history.

By the way StevieH,I hope your on a wind up,because if your serious you really are fuckin Clueless.

Strange that you don't extend the courtesy to one of the players who was instrumental in helping Rafa build up that CV, referring to him as a bitter and a cunt if I remeber rightly.

Amazing the lengths people will go to defend the fat cunt, saying he "took the wrong job" and "didn't have any money to spend".

He's about to get sacked, deservedly, from one of the easiest "big" jobs in football. He stopped being a good coach in 2006. Get over it and be thankful he's not here signing useless shit and complaining about it.

Maybe he should have gone in the summer (we're doing so much better for sacking him and appointing Hodgson mind you) but it mystifies me why reds hate him and call him all the cunts under the sun like yourself.

There's just no need for it. He had the club at heart and achieved more than any other manager we've had since Dalglish. If he was hopeless you could understand it. He had his faults like anyone else but there's simply no need to hate him and call him a cunt.

Our transfers went downhill ever since Paco Herrera left in 2006.

The Johnson & Riera transfers weren't that bad, Riera was good enough in his time here for £8m, and Johnson is one of our better players, even if he was overpriced.

Maybe he should have gone in the summer (we're doing so much better for sacking him and appointing Hodgson mind you) but it mystifies me why reds hate him and call him all the cunts under the sun like yourself.

There's just no need for it. He had the club at heart and achieved more than any other manager we've had since Dalglish. If he was hopeless you could understand it. He had his faults like anyone else but there's simply no need to hate him and call him a cunt.

Rafa needed Liverpool more than we needed him. We supported him financially more than any other manager in our history. Now we're fucked. Yep, let's sing his name from the Melwood rooftops.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Rafa needed Liverpool more than we needed him. We supported him financially more than any other manager in our history. Now we're fucked. Yep, let's sing his name from the Melwood rooftops.

You're more than entitled to your opinion. Luckily, so am I, and I think you're a massive shit-rocket.

Finishing 2nd after 5 years and failing to win i've pointed out 5 major transfers in a 14 month period costing nearly £80m and not one was a success

More like £65m, and Rafa got £20m of that back from sales to Dossena, Riera and Keane.

You want to try your sums again?

Johnson only cost £8m in cash, and that is your prime grumble, not the apparent value of the deal including Peter Crouch, whose wages we could no longer afford.

But you already knew that.

And why are all Rafa's signings judged in their first season as a success or failure, yet Redknapp's, Wenger's, Ferguson's and Anceolotti's are not?

Nasri, Song, Palacios, Keane (re-signed...), Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves, Ramires...none of whom have looked particular value for money in their first season but you don't hear about these mangers having it thrown in their faces like Aquilani has been for Rafa.

You don't deserve to be able to share an opinion of football with people, you have no opinion, just blanks that you fill in with tabloid wank.

If the shit stirrers (I've no idea what I.T.K. actually stands for) are right for once I wonder if this is going to be regarded as the achievement that 'saves' him. South American football has gone right down the pan if they aren't qualifying for this.

Europe swiping all their talent?

As a kid that was the beauty of the World Cup, you never knew who these people were. Remember listening to a crap radio signal in 81 as Zico tore us a new one in Japan.

How did we not win this in 2005? That game still bugs me.

We've never had any luck in that competition tho have we, or it predecessor.

Dont think we have ever been meant to win it