You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy, Rafa & Kenny

The vast majority of fans seem to be wanting Roy out and its obvious fans are split on Rafa. For me, Rafa is one of the best managers in the game, his record in Europe is not in question but it seems many believe we would never have won the league with him. I reckon he was learning from his mistakes in the league but after we should have won it 2009, in 2010 we went backwards and enough was enough for a lot of supporters. Personally, I'd have given him another year at least, it would have been great to see what he could have done with the upper hierarchy within the club fully behind him.

For the Rafa haters though, I presume you now want someone with a proven track record in English Football and not just Europe or another top European league? It CANNOT be another manager who has only done well with average clubs, it MUST surely be a manager who has challenged for the title....and WON! A manager who is only interested in winning, who has taken on Ferguson and come out on top at the end of the season. Since the Premier League started 18 seasons ago, only 4 managers have achieved that, 3 of them are already at top clubs and unlikely to risk their reputation on coming to us....the other one openly wants the job.

My question is, are there any Rafa haters who don't want Kenny to replace Roy? If not, why not? And please don't say because of the possibility of him losing his hero status, he won't, and if he's not worried about that, neither should we be.

For me, its Roy out and either Rafa back or Kenny in, noone else is qualified enough or loves and understands the club enough.

Rafa is a better manager than Roy Hodgson.

Anyone who claims otherwise is a dickhead or a cunt.

Rafa would also split the fanbase so it's a no from me for the time being.

Seeing as how Pellegrini is now Malaga manager, I don't think we'll have much choice other than to appoint Kenny.

Though it galls me to think of him being second choice to this second rate fucking fraud.

The vast majority of fans seem to be wanting Roy out and its obvious fans are split on Rafa. For me, Rafa is one of the best managers in the game, his record in Europe is not in question but it seems many believe we would never have won the league with him. I reckon he was learning from his mistakes in the league but after we should have won it 2009, in 2010 we went backwards and enough was enough for a lot of supporters. Personally, I'd have given him another year at least, it would have been great to see what he could have done with the upper hierarchy within the club fully behind him.

For the Rafa haters though, I presume you now want someone with a proven track record in English Football and not just Europe or another top European league? It CANNOT be another manager who has only done well with average clubs, it MUST surely be a manager who has challenged for the title....and WON! A manager who is only interested in winning, who has taken on Ferguson and come out on top at the end of the season. Since the Premier League started 18 seasons ago, only 4 managers have achieved that, 3 of them are already at top clubs and unlikely to risk their reputation on coming to us....the other one openly wants the job.

My question is, are there any Rafa haters who don't want Kenny to replace Roy? If not, why not? And please don't say because of the possibility of him losing his hero status, he won't, and if he's not worried about that, neither should we be.

For me, its Roy out and either Rafa back or Kenny in, noone else is qualified enough or loves and understands the club enough.

Agree with all of that - can't see Rafa wanting to come back at present and it would be too divisive - kinda narrows it down.

Guest San Don

Here we go again, another rafa haters \ fans based debate. He's gone I dont think he should be given the opportunity to come back just cos we've had a change of owners. I thank him for the great results. I've moved on.

hodgson isnt good enough as his results have proved. I dont see any signs of an improvement on that front. Our two best performances have come against arsenal and chelsea at home. That must tell everyone something.

Dalglish is a God as far as Im concerned. He'd do any job for Liverpool FC. I dont want his reputation getting hammered by sky age fans getting on his back. Kenny should be a club ambassador forever.

Rafa would also split the fanbase so it's a no from me for the time being.

Seeing as how Pellegrini is now Malaga manager, I don't think we'll have much choice other than to appoint Kenny.

Though it galls me to think of him being second choice to this second rate fucking fraud.

Is right Dicko,

All the soft Cunts on here who where suckin Purslow and Broughton cock last month.

The same pair of soft Cunts who made the worst decision on the pitch in recent memory by sacking Benitez and replacing him with a totally inept Hodgson.

Give it up for Marty and Christy,

you pair of selfish Cunts, who where and had been from day one looking after the Banks interests which coincidentally benefited us.

Is right Dicko,

All the soft Cunts on here who where suckin Purslow and Broughton cock last month.

The same pair of soft Cunts who made the worst decision on the pitch in recent memory by sacking Benitez and replacing him with a totally inept Hodgson.

you pair of selfish Cunts, who where and had been from day one looking after the Banks interests which coincidentally benefited us.

Can open, worms everywhere.

I disagree with the criticism of them from an ownership perspective. To be fair, they have put their professional reputations on the line and deserve credit for, at minimum, getting Hicks and Gillett out of the club. Whether they sold to the right people will be judged later, but job number one was done and done well.

I agree they shouldn't have sacked Rafa without having a top class replacement lined up. If they thought he weren't the man anymore, they could have kept him until they sold and allowed the new owners to pick their own man. Alternatively, they should have put Dalglish in on a short term basis as he would have had a galvanising effect on everybody at the club and some of the deadwood would have known that if they chose to lock horns with him, there would be only one winner.

Whatever way you look at it, they fucked up getting Hodgson. Doesn't belong here, done nothing to warrant being here and won't be here for much longer.

Is right Dicko,

They sold the club, which was what they were engaged to do. In my opinion, they acted completely outwith their authority in sacking Rafa and appointing Hodgson; this was not an act necessary for the sale of the club as some have tried to make out.

That's never been in doubt. Benitez is a fantastic manager and he'll win things with Inter and whoever he manages after them.

Doesn't mean he's the right manager for us though.

Hodgson isn't the right man either though. Kenny until the end of the season, by which time we should have a good shortlist of candidates. Someone like Deschamps, or Kenny to take over permanently if he does well between now and May.

Is right Dicko,

they did their best and got rid of H&G for us. That alone is enough.

Yes they made a mistake with Hodgson, but come on!

That's never been in doubt. Benitez is a fantastic manager and he'll win things with Inter and whoever he manages after them.

Hodgson isn't the right man either though. Kenny until the end of the season, by which time we should have a good shortlist of candidates. Someone like Deschamps, or Kenny to take over permanently if he does well between now and May.

Agree completely.

I said earlier I still like Rafa, I loved him at one point but he shouldn't replace Roy.

We missed the boat with Pelligrini but the way the league is I still reckon 4th is possible if we had a manager with a set of bollocks.

they did their best and got rid of H&G for us. That alone is enough.

Yes they made a mistake with Hodgson, but come on!

Your missing my point,

true they got rid of H&G but they done what the Banks employed them to do,look after there interests,which coincided with us getting rid of the Owners.

Your missing my point,

true they got rid of H&G but they done what the Banks employed them to do,look after there interests,which coincided with us getting rid of the Owners.

You're confusing two very seperate points.

I'm sure they didn't appoint Roy hoping he'd fuck up. The fact so many of us knew he would is very different.

If you are to go by rumours, he was meant to be sacked if he didn't win the Milan derby tonight. They just lost 1-0.

Probably shit like..

:whistle:

Alternatively' date=' they should have put Dalglish in on a short term basis as he would have had a galvanising effect on everybody at the club and some of the deadwood would have known that if they chose to lock horns with him, there would be only one winner.

[/quote']

In hindsight that's the no-brainer! But that's still possible to repair, get Roy out and let Kenny run the ship this season and let's take it from there. :whistle: