You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke

Can't say Spurs didn't deserve that victory, they made Inter look like a poor side at times. The pace that they attacked with was just too much for them. Bale has probably added a few more million to his price tag, only 21 and having a great season. I was as fast as him when i was 21 as well, i was driving a fucking car at the time mind.

No way will he be playing for Spurs next season, Arry can say what he likes but that Levy bloke has a habit of cashing in on their better players to swell his Jewish coffers. Reckon he'd pack Bale's bags himself if a 25 mill+ offer were to be made.

I'm so pissed off right now. Fucking Barca are shite and will never be bet upon again. They fucked up my accumulator and I also stupidly spunked away 30,000 on the Vbookie thanks to the twats.

Copenhagen were actually the better team and could have won if they had been a bit more cynical in front of goal. Solbakken is a very clever manager and has done a brilliant job so far. He is actually a Liverpool-fan and has been a member of the scandinavian fan club since the late 80's which he is speaking of with proudness quite often.

On a side note, Guardiola and Solbakken was having a little fight after the match and Busquets ran over and pushed Solbakken away. They really should show a bit more class off the field, Barca. Guardiola refused to say what happened after the match but made a classic Rafa comment: "He (Solbakken) speaks to much so he will tell".

If that Spurs performance wasn't a wake up call to just how far we've fallen then I don't know what was. We were doing that shit two/three years ago whilst they were sat at home thinking of a shit journey for a Thursday evening game. We're miles behind them at this moment not to mention the other CL teams, City and I shudder to thing what other teams could be added to that list.

Hodgson is simply not the man to lead us out of this mess and I fear for where we will end up if he is allowed to continue using his 35 years of experience on our football club.

Apologises if this should be in the Hodgson thread, there was a bit of cross over and I wasn't too sure where was best to put it.

If that Spurs performance wasn't a wake up call to just how far we've fallen then I don't know what was. We were doing that shit two/three years ago whilst they were sat at home thinking of a shit journey for a Thursday evening game. We're miles behind them at this moment not to mention the other CL teams, City and I shudder to thing what other teams could be added to that list.

Hodgson is simply not the man to lead us out of this mess and I fear for where we will end up if he is allowed to continue using his 35 years of experience on our football club.

Apologises if this should be in the Hodgson thread, there was a bit of cross over and I wasn't too sure where was best to put it.

We are only 3 points behind them.

When you think how much Spurs have spent, and the sheer size of their squad, it's not really that surprising that we re so far behind them, is it? They've got two top-class players for most positions now.

You didn't know who Gareth Bale was before last week?

Knew who he was, but hadn't seen him play really, and he definitely wasn't that good when I saw him.

Sure he only started supporting us 2 years ago.

Oh boo hoo. Time for me to pack my things and leave with my tail between my legs, I've been found out. (again.) Like I always say, I stopped watching football for ten years, then fell in love with Liverpool when I started watching it again. I'm very sorry stuff like this isn't allowed, and we should really have Cameron and the Premier League make a law about it.

Wind your neck in, it doesn't matter. I'll still be supporting this club until I die, because it's the club I chose, instead of being made to support the local team when I was 9. Choice. It's kind of cool, isn't it?

Edited by Red Phoenix

This thread is getting bookmarked, as that post is getting linked for the next and every other fucker that brings it up because they think it actually matters. 95%+ would probably lie to you and say they'd supported the club all their lives (like some probably do.) I chose to give you the truth, sorry!

Got to love the coverage over here in the States. So cheesy and so very American. Warren Barton had his own segment of the programme dedicated to his own views entitled 'Barton's Breakdown'.

Fantastic stuff.

In Canada we get our tactical analysis from a downhill skiing commentator and a former West Ham Reserves goalkeeper.

Just a final note, as this has been on my mind for a while now. I must be the only 'sky glory supporter' that happily remembers watching players like Nicol, Hansen, Lawro, Barnes and Rush when I was a kid on videos and tv. I remember Whelan too, Molby, Craig Johnston, etc. (definitely remember his hair!) One thing that always sticks in my mind is Rush's hat trick at the shack. So did I support us back then? I don't fully remember to be honest as my memory is bad and has been for ages, especially trying to recall two decades back. Maybe there's always been a connection for me with this club.

Edited by Red Phoenix

This thread is getting bookmarked, as that post is getting linked for the next and every other fucker that brings it up because they think it actually matters. 95%+ would probably lie to you and say they'd supported the club all their lives (like some probably do.) I chose to give you the truth, sorry!

Don't cry.

Knew who he was, but hadn't seen him play really, and he definitely wasn't that good when I saw him.

Oh boo hoo. Time for me to pack my things and leave with my tail between my legs, I've been found out. (again.) Like I always say, I stopped watching football for ten years, then fell in love with Liverpool when I started watching it again. I'm very sorry stuff like this isn't allowed, and we should really have Cameron and the Premier League make a law about it.

Wind your neck in, it doesn't matter. I'll still be supporting this club until I die, because it's the club I chose, instead of being made to support the local team when I was 9. Choice. It's kind of cool, isn't it?

HookLineSinker.jpg

I'll try not to! And I just edited my last post as I said Paul fucking Walsh instead of Craig Johnston? That gives you a clue about my memory. Rush's hat trick against Everton was 82 as well? I was 3, definitely saw that one on video.

Who did you support before Liverpool?

Not a one club for life man, no?

I didn't choose City, and even though many fans get brought up supporting a club like I did City and I have no problem with that, that doesn't work for me personally. I chose Liverpool.

What made you support Liverpool?

I'm not fully sure, I just felt drawn to the club. The fans, the respect that the club has between players and fans, the way the team played with a balance of passion and skill, the sense that some of the players are playing for the fans, but go beyond themselves and their normal abilities for them.

Liverpool are a football team, not a bunch of alehouse cloggers, not a bunch of stars. But then there's just something else about us that's more than football and I can't really explain it, just some type of connection that goes beyond simply watching a team play and wanting them to win.

Like they say about Barca, more than a club. I can't word it, maybe one day I'll be able to.