You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shrek effectively hands in transfer request

TheDrowningMan

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way its only £230k! Toure is on similar wages there... I'd suggest Rooney would see like £250,000+ per week from City.

Of course, I'd expect UEFA to reject City's ability to play in the Champions League with their wage bill and tiny turnover.

Expect the owners to start charging themselves $1m per game for a seat in the directors box or some such nonsense.

Balague* on Revista de la Liga reckons the City deal is already done and dusted to the point that Mourinho and/or Perez aren't even going to bother even if they want him.

*so take it as you will

I am inclined to believe in this. They already have a deal in place.

Expect the owners to start charging themselves $1m per game for a seat in the directors box or some such nonsense.

The regulations forbid this sort of thing. I'm not really sure how they'll manage to fall in line. David Conn had an article showing just how difficult it's going to be for City to comply with the financial fairplay regulations.

Signing Rooney for mad wages is just going to make things worse.

Signing Rooney for mad wages is just going to make things worse.

You are forgetting that they can still market him and more than recover their costs. He will their best prospect in the marketing department. Although Tevez is a star he is not as big as Rooney. Moreover, they are likely to play in the champions league and proabably win the league in the coming seasons so it might not be that big a problem. :wow:

Paddy Crerand was just on the radio here in Ireland. He went off on a mad one about Rooney potentially ruining his career by going to city etc. The interviewer put it to him that they were all ignoring the two elephants in the room:

1) Mr Ferguson is almost 70 is not able for it anymore. Three years back they had Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo, the best strike force in Europe, now they have none, and have not replaced them. Crerand starting calling him a nonce and declared Nani and Bebe the talent the future of the club will be built on.

2) He said that the debt is crippling the club and they have to sell their star players to meet the interest payments. At this point, Crerand hung up.

The interviewer wrapped up the piece by saying 'Typical Man Utd fans. When they are winning trophies they are all happy, but when the chips are down they cant handle the pressure'.

Gerrard-esque U turn and signing of a new contract is almost inevitable.

I can't see that to be honest, our manager hadn't just come out and said that Gerrard was disrespecting the club!

In these situations surely the best thing for the club is to try and maintain a level of diplomacy, not act like you are on the Jeremy Kyle show!

Funny as fuck, how much damage to the club Fergusons spats have had! But given what they have won, I suppose you could argue it was a fair swap.

Paddy Crerand was just on the radio here in Ireland. He went off on a mad one about Rooney potentially ruining his career by going to city etc. The interviewer put it to him that they were all ignoring the two elephants in the room:

1) Mr Ferguson is almost 70 is not able for it anymore. Three years back they had Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo, the best strike force in Europe, now they have none, and have not replaced them. Crerand starting calling him a nonce and declared Nani and Bebe the talent the future of the club will be built on.

2) He said that the debt is crippling the club and they have to sell their star players to meet the interest payments. At this point, Crerand hung up.

The interviewer wrapped up the piece by saying 'Typical Man Utd fans. When they are winning trophies they are all happy, but when the chips are down they cant handle the pressure'.

I'm already getting told to change the record, mancs are going apeshit whenever I mention the debt! The irony is delicious tho after the grief I've taken!

What radio station was that on?

Ferguson must be going ape shit at the thought of city winning a title just as he is about to retire. Imagine all them city fans claiming they knocked the mancs off their perch.

On another note maybe Rooney has got wind that Moyes is going to replace Ferguson as boss.

Was thinking that too.

But most likely hes just had enough of Fergiscum, the claims are that he doesnt think the club is progressing and is in decline.

I thought it was because he wants out of England, but rumours seem to be he wants to go to City. So maybe he does believe United are in trouble.