You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm starting to hope he does get sacked. Then people will have a few choices.

1. Hunt the next manager out straight away like the newcastle fans they now sound like

2. Realise that the team is full of shit

3. ???

Not sure if there is a third tbh. There is no miracle fix for this shit squad/team. Just time & money.

3. Hire a manager capable of managing Liverpool Football Club.

If you think the squad is the reason we're in the relegation zone you need your fucking head tested.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love how the TARTs are suddenly proclaiming the squad as shit. Last season it was opposite, they were shouting their heads off that Rafa wasn't getting the most out of the players and we should at least be expecting a title challenge. All we needed was a good man manager that could make the team perform as they should.

Some of them even promoted Hodgson and wanted him to get the job!

Bit of a difference slagging the man who built it and the man who inherited it, surely?

I didn't expect a good start, but thought we'd kick on from Sunderland onwards. Been a huge disappointment.

People want to be fair, but it was the same with Rafa; football fans have their own imperial measurement; 6 reasons, legitmate or no = one giant excuse.

I keep wondering what we'd be like if Reina had held on v Arsenal or Berbatov had put his header wide or Agger had scored late on v Sunderland or even Kyrgiakos v Blackpool, but in the end we've been fucking awful.

Lot of things conspiring against Hodgson but that's the job I'm afraid. If it was easy they'd give it to any ol-......erm......

Had to laugh at that Sky 'Kenny coy' heading. Jesus, he might as well be walking up and down Walton Breck Road with a sandwich board!

You missed the point completely.

I was establishing a new one, namely that some people didn't think it was a great squad and that the man who never took responsibility for anything had his handy excuse with the yanks and hid behind it/them far too often.

We should be doing a lot better than this, and to be honest I don't see anyone claiming otherwise Taliban or not.

3. Hire a manager capable of managing Liverpool Football Club.

If you think the squad is the reason we're in the relegation zone you need your fucking head tested.

I don't think for one minute that the team will be anywhere near the relegation zone come may. Looking at the league now is kind of stupid. To put things in perspective we're five points off 4th.

The squad is much better then it's performing for a long time now. Some of the players need to take a good hard look at themselves, they're not even given 100% anymore. No point naming names because there is that bloody many that fall into that bracket.

I don't think for one minute that the team will be anywhere near the relegation zone come may. Looking at the league now is kind of stupid. To put things in perspective we're five points off 4th.

The squad is much better then it's performing for a long time now. Some of the players need to take a good hard look at themselves, they're not even given 100% anymore. No point naming names because there is that bloody many that fall into that bracket.

Its the tactics that are the problem mate. Not the players. The tactics Roy wants us to employ are not to our to strengths, infact all they are doing is exposing our weakness' for all to see.

Correct me if i am wrong, is marginalise the squad into A & B team help in the morale of the squad? Pushing all the blame to B squad(including some young players) for Northampton defeat was really uncalled for imo. Has Roy forgotten it's the B squad that have being making progress in the Europa league & playing better than those A squad in EPL? Insist he had faith in Babel and suddenly trying to offload him and never work out?

Guest PurpleNose
I'm starting to hope he does get sacked. Then people will have a few choices.

1. Hunt the next manager out straight away like the newcastle fans they now sound like

2. Realise that the team is full of shit

3. ???

Not sure if there is a third tbh. There is no miracle fix for this shit squad/team. Just time & money.

Surely 3 is get a decent manager who doesn't make us play like a less successful version of Greece?

What I don't understand is the "we're 5 points off fourth" line.

People were saying this two games ago. People were saying that Sunderland and Blackpool were an easy six points and we'd be up there once we'd won those games. I would have thought reality would have set in when we got one point from those games and were probably lucky to get that.

We're only five points from fourth if the other teams stop playing. These aren't games in hand. The other teams aren't going to sudenly think "oh let's lose so Liverpool can climb the table."

A more revealing stat is that we're only one point from the bottom. And we're there on merit. And if Hodgson continues with the tactics he's employiong then, while I think we'll get out of the relegation zone, I think we'll stay in the bottom half of the table because the rest of the league now believes that we're comfortably beatable.

And I don't see any new owners - especially NESV who are here to make a profit and a successful team - accepting that continued run of results.

And please, spare me the shit squad line. It's not. It may not be a league winning squad, but sent out with proper tactics and motivation it would be pushing for a 4th-6th spot comfortably.

Gotta love how the TARTs are suddenly proclaiming the squad as shit. Last season it was opposite, they were shouting their heads off that Rafa wasn't getting the most out of the players and we should at least be expecting a title challenge. All we needed was a good man manager that could make the team perform as they should.

Some of them even promoted Hodgson and wanted him to get the job!

Fucking hilarious ain't it I can't believe all the bollocks they've been coming out with.

A blind man can see we have gone backwards with a manager who crawled over broken glass to manage us.

Everyone can see he is far inferior tactically than the previous manager, he was supposed to be able to get the best out of what we had because Rafa had the players he just couldn't motivate them, ha ha ha Woy can't even get that right the useless cunt.

Woys won fuck all decent, plays the most negative football known to man, signings have been absolute shite and the one signing he may have got right he don't know where to play him.

The list is endless as far as how bad Woy is but the anti's will keep on defending because they have to, this is what they wanted, this is what the last two years of there constant bleating have been about. Thay were told by many on here that getting rid of Rafa was not the answer but they told us it was a step in the right direction. Whoops wrong again anti Rafa's.

One more thing atk and the like Rafa's name was starting to get sung at the end of the Blackpool game the longer we continue under Woy the louder it will get and with new owners coming in trying to please the fans they will give the fans what they want regardless of Purslow being here or not. If there's o e thing you need to realise it's Rafa always has the last laugh, he's laughing at fuctards like you who said things would be better when he's gone.

He's laughing at sky and Andy Grey with his zonal marking bollocks.

He's laughing at every dumb fuck who couldn't see what he was doing and having to deal with.

He will be laughing again mark my words, he ain't kept his house for fuck all.

What I don't understand is the "we're 5 points off fourth" line.

People were saying this two games ago. People were saying that Sunderland and Blackpool were an easy six points and we'd be up there once we'd won those games. I would have thought reality would have set in when we got one point from those games and were probably lucky to get that.

We're only five points from fourth if the other teams stop playing. These aren't games in hand. The other teams aren't going to sudenly think "oh let's lose so Liverpool can climb the table."

A more revealing stat is that we're only one point from the bottom. And we're there on merit. And if Hodgson continues with the tactics he's employiong then, while I think we'll get out of the relegation zone, I think we'll stay in the bottom half of the table because the rest of the league now believes that we're comfortably beatable.

And I don't see any new owners - especially NESV who are here to make a profit and a successful team - accepting that continued run of results.

And please, spare me the shit squad line. It's not. It may not be a league winning squad, but sent out with proper tactics and motivation it would be pushing for a 4th-6th spot comfortably.

Good post mate. Totally agree.

Spot on, they'll know for sure he's a disaster and will act accordingly, this will also let Purslow off the hook because he can then just say that the new owners wanted their own man; he's not stupid, i'm sure he's now well aware he's dropped an almighty bollock giving Roy the job.

4th - 6th comfortable?? No chance

Honest quick squad assessment..

Gk - Pepe is world class no doubt

full backs - Johnson can't defend for shit & I'd honestly rather have Kelly there now. Konchesky the only lb.

Centre backs - Carra struggling to cope, the rest are inconsistent or just plain useless

Wings - There is none

Centre midfield - Gerrard & Meireles are top class. The rest well...

Forwards - Nando fully fit for around 25 games a season. The only striker after that would struggle to get a game for blackpool.

The side is a poor uefa cup side at best imo

Rather than the players (they're not all great, but far better than they're showing) it's Roy's approach that is a large part of the problem. He threw a wobbler when a journo posed that question and asked to guy to clarify what he meant, he didn't, but I think negative approach was what he was implying.

full backs - Johnson can't defend for shit & I'd honestly rather have Kelly there now. Konchesky the only lb.

Centre backs - Carra struggling to cope, the rest are inconsistent or just plain useless

Wings - There is none

Forwards - Nando fully fit for around 25 games a season. The only striker after that would struggle to get a game for blackpool.

So, we should've kept Rafa then?

Wings - There is none

Mate, again stop trying to blame the quality of our squad for our demise. Give or take a few players its the same side that finished 7th last season not fucking 17th. Like someone said above, they may not be a top class side capable of challenging for the title, but what is certain is that they are a damn sight better then the position they're in and they way they are playing right now.

Wings - There is none

I see, then can u explain why our league table position from 2004 till 2009 has being within top 5?