You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suso expectation

BurtReynolds

I've seen him play in 5 or 6 u18 games, in those games he looked the real deal for me, superb confidence and vision and ability to play a killer precise pass for someone of his age.

I went to the game at Newcastle reserves and was even more impressed, they resorted to hacking him in the end but even then sometimes he managed to stay strong, on his feet and avoid challenges, as he grows he will inevitably get stronger and be ready physically for the premiership.

Think of Fabregas when he was 17 at Arsenal he got bullies and battered in a lot of games but he grew as a man and a player.

I would say he reminds me a bit of Iniesta with a better long passing game and a better shot.

I think he's the real deal absolutely but a lot can happen at that age to affect your career, he has to be mentally right as well as physically to progress, the talent is there no question.

• 2 months later...
I'm probably talking out of my ass but aren't 17 year olds only allowed to sign for 3 years.

As a 17 year old he's a professional and can sign whatever he wants, but maybe that is the case with pre-contract agreements with kids under professional age.

Guest San Don

I think the lad should be given chance to develop and not rushed or put under undue pressure.

He's a young lad making his way in a very tough profession. Hopefully he wont be overburdened with the weight of expectation.

I think the lad should be given chance to develop and not rushed or put under undue pressure.

He's a young lad making his way in a very tough profession. Hopefully he wont be overburdened with the weight of expectation.

You could say that Rooney was also making his own way at this age......

To see prozzies who were loser than a blue whale that is:eek:

Not long enough which begs the question can we resist the attempts by more illustrious opponents such as Northampton Town and Trabzbanspor to muscle in and sign him up under Roy?

I think a move to Fulham or West Ham as part payment for Zamora or Carlton Cole in January is more likely.

If he doesn't make it here, we might as well give up trying to bring through attacking players.

Concentrate on hardworking, committed but ultimately not very talented players.

Agreed. Players who would no doubt flourish under Wenger at Arsenal.

Le Tallec

Pongolle

Pacheco

I haven't heard as many good things being said about so many of our youth players in a very long time, Suso included. If 2 or 3 of this crop don't make it with us then serious serious questions and decisions need to be made about what is going wrong be that with Roy or any other manager that is in charge.

Just like his predecessor I suppose.

Exactly.

Except Rafa used to pick on all the scouse kids, he'd shout at them in Spanish to bring him Jaffa Cakes and when they didn't know what he was talking about he'd kick them out of the club.

Whereas Roy hates the foreigners - he makes them pick up the dog dirt from the training pitch with their bare hands.