You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be disappointed if we don't win. We are better than Birmingham. I know we keep drawing against them, but we really need to be beating sides like this.

Reina

Johnson Kyrgiakos Agger Konchesky

Meireles Poulsen

Babel Gerrard Jovanovic

Torres

That's the team I'd play, and it's a toss up between Carra and the Greek. Carra looks like he is waning to me, and the Greek is our best aerial defender.

If Torres continues his improvement, I can see us without a doubt scoring, from him or Stevie. What's important is, unlike last year we defend consistently, not gifting weak silly goals that will cost us. Remember their equaliser, and the golden chance Bowyer missed? Our defending was fucking abysmal that day. 3 points tomorrow is absolutely vital, for the team, for our league position, for our fragile confidence.

Also, If they start with Zigic, surely the Greek's gotta play?

Anyone else having trouble getting into the footy this year? Thinking about this game tomorrow, I just can't seem to get up any enthusiasm for it. Not bothered who starts or what tactics we play, haven't checked out their team news, hardly arsed if we win or lose, though I'm sure I'll end up pissed off if we lose it.

Proper apathy. I'm sure I'll put it on the telly and all, not like I'm going to not watch it, but it just doesn't seem that important.

Anyone else having trouble getting into the footy this year? Thinking about this game tomorrow, I just can't seem to get up any enthusiasm for it. Not bothered who starts or what tactics we play, haven't checked out their team news, hardly arsed if we win or lose, though I'm sure I'll end up pissed off if we lose it.

Proper apathy. I'm sure I'll put it on the telly and all, not like I'm going to not watch it, but it just doesn't seem that important.

I feel exactly the same Son Of L8.

Don't get me wrong, I still want us to win & I go to every home game & watch as many of the aways as I can on tv but deep down I just don't care as much as I did even 2 or 3 years ago.

I assume it's the owner situation & the constant body blows leading from that situation has left me a bit numb.

ps - Drowning Man - it seems that it's not us LFC fans that are the only deluded ones.

Birmingham - 17 home games unbeated ( draws against all the big boys )

Liverpool - 1 win in last 10 away games.

William Hill odds ? Brum 10/3 Draw 21/10 Lpool 13/10

We've got Torres and Gerrard both fit. A draw to Birmingham is never a good result never mind an excellent one. The results we got against average sides like this last season seems to make people think it is now acceptable.

I don't think we are saying that we wouldn't like to win or are not capable of winning. it's the outdated sense of ' We're LFC - we should batter them ' when these teams like Brum are out-spending us in the transfer market and the recent results scream the opposite.

Basically its not acceptance it's realism.

3 points would set us up nice for united next weekend, were good enough to beat birmingham the one area that worries me is with kuyt out its going to leave johnson pretty exposed at right back so it will be interesting to see who roy puts there, personally id like to see young kelly at right back and johnson on the right of midfield

I don't think we are saying that we wouldn't like to win or are not capable of winning. it's the outdated sense of ' We're LFC - we should batter them ' when these teams like Brum are out-spending us in the transfer market and the recent results scream the opposite.

Basically its not acceptance it's realism.

Yes I understand that. It's just that he said a draw would be an excellent result which it isn't.

We've got Torres and Gerrard both fit. A draw to Birmingham is never a good result never mind an excellent one. The results we got against average sides like this last season seems to make people think it is now acceptable.

Well said, if we are expecting to draw against Birmingham then we must expect to get beat at Old Toilet, Stamford Bridge, The Emirates and so on. Any team outside the top 4 in England, I don't see how anyone could be happy with anything less than a win. They might be a tough team to beat but they still have the odd yard dog in the team who can be targetted.

Last season has left a serious dent in our confidence right throughout the club, but that does not mean we should expect bad results against 2nd rate teams. "People just think because we are Liverpool we should batter them" Your damn right thats true. We ARE Liverpool Football Club, The biggest football team this country has produced, who the fuck are Birmingham?? You think Bill Shankly would have this half arse attitude some of you are showing? Fuck that. Let them worry about us, let them hope for fucking draw, we are going there to win. 3 points is a must

I really hope it's not Lucas and Poulsen. I would like to enjoy watching us for once. Why the fuck would you spend £10 million on a player and then not play him? It's absolutely inevitable that we will achieve fuck all with a Lucas-Poulsen central midfield.

I really hope it's not Lucas and Poulsen. I would like to enjoy watching us for once. Why the fuck would you spend £10 million on a player and then not play him? It's absolutely inevitable that we will achieve fuck all with a Lucas-Poulsen central midfield.

Unless Meireles is injured, I'll be really disappointed in Hodgson if he isn't starting ( Rumours at present only I know ).

I hope for Roy's sake that Stevie doesn't end up having a look of bafflement at team selection. He has previous for this at St.Andrews.