You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

After the tv break in our last league game, we're back on the box this week for the first trip this season to Brummieland on Sunday. Hopefully everyone will be back from the international games without a scratch or strain, to play at a ground where it's fair to say, we don't have a great record.

AGENDA:

League Game 4/38: v Birmingham City (a)

KO: 15:00 GMT/16:00 Local 12 September

Host Broadcaster: BSKYB

Poolmobiles:

SC Transport

Last Train: 13:35 Lime Street - Birmingham/Return Train: 18:35

And Roy, if you're going to start FT, don't sub him after an hour. Even you should be capable of learning from that mistake.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes only a mad man would think we could beat the might of Birmingham.

We need to win it, we've got the mancs away after this.

We dont need to win it, a point would be ok. The games we need to win are the ones against the bottom 10 teams in the league i.e The sides who are fighting relegation. Win the 'easy' ones and we'll go a long way to having a good season.

Torres and Reina have a 17 hour flight back from Argentina. Anyone optimistic about this fixture is out of their mind.

Totally agree. I'd go:

--------------------------------Pepe----------------------------------

Johnson-------------Skrtel------Carra--------------Agger-------Konchesky

Meireles-------------------Poulson----------Lucas-------------Aurelio--------

--------------------------------Kuyt-------------------------------------------

If we get to the 23rd minute mark and it's still 0-0, I'd get Kyrgiakos on for Kuyt and shut up shop.

Totally agree. I'd go:

If we get to the 23rd minute mark and it's still 0-0, I'd get Kyrgiakos on for Kuyt and shut up shop.

Haha genius!

Totally agree. I'd go:

Johnson? that's a bit expansive isn't it?

Johnson? that's a bit expansive isn't it?

Well, as you can tell by my team selection, I'm not one to worry about the opposition. (In saying that, assuming we're still level at halftime, I'd push Johnson a bit further forward, move Carra to RB, get Meireles off and replace him with Jones then see the game out.)

After the tv break in our last league game, we're back on the box this week for the first trip this season to Brummieland on Sunday. Hopefully everyone will be back from the international games without a scratch or strain, to play at a ground where it's fair to say, we don't have a great record.

AGENDA:

League Game 4/38: v Birmingham City (a)

KO: 15:00 GMT/16:00 Local 12 September

Host Broadcaster: BSKYB

Poolmobiles:

SC Transport

Last Train: 13:35 Lime Street - Birmingham/Return Train: 18:35

And Roy, if you're going to start FT, don't sub him after an hour. Even you should be capable of learning from that mistake.

If he is as shite as he was there last year, feel free Roy, even N'gog please:whistle: (enter Zigackly and Brownie...)

Especially if you face a long, third consecutive injury, requiring 6 weeks spent on the sidelines, you're crucial player can hardly walk and you're in a desperate need to win a silveware, playing without Babel, Insua, Aurelio, Skrtel, Aquilani (only 5 minutes), Maxi and Riera a crucial second leg against the most goalscoring side in the competition, coming from behind. Yes, no way he should have subsituted him.

A win would be a really big boost for morale but it will be a very tough game. Their defense is very good and we haven't exactly been full of goals recently. I just hope we see a strong team go out with intent to actually win the game. No Lucas please. I'd line up:

-----------Reina

Johnson Carra Agger Konchesky

----------Poulsen

----------Merieles

Maxi------Gerrard----Jovanovic

----------Torres