You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We are not good enough supporters!!

treyyy

This idea is massively over-simplistic. Firstly, H&G are already in the shit financially are will go. Boycotting games may increase the debt but wont do too much more damage to the current owners. It may, however, make us less attractive to a new purchaser who will not assume a change of ownership will suddenly bring fans back to the ground and/or shop.

Yea I think that's true. Because afterall, any potential investor would be totally clueless and not understand why fans were staying away.

The problem with boycotting is no matter how many people don't take thier seats someone will be there to fill it.

The only way to make people sit up and listen is for the entire stadium to show thier disapproval of H&G on a TV match even if its just "Hicks and Gillette out" shouted through an entire match, yes we should be shouting for the team but getting the message across to everyone who don't have a clue is more important.

Ideas of blocking coaches etc coming in will just lead to violence we have been there before we do not need it to happen again. Plus this would not make for happy scenes on tv and would perhaps make non LFC supports not interested in whats happening (look at the green and gold campaign of man U, its visable and get reported).

Don't buy the shirts and other crap yes but to be heard these days you have to be on TV/in the papers or no-one cares its that simple.

Send the Kopfaithful email to daily papers see if they will print them etc it all builds up, we don't need a snowball of coverage about what is happening we need a fucking avalance.

Edited by Lubeh

Fucking offy pisses me of I put a post about kopfaithful and how we should support it even if it makes one more person aware of whats happening, and all I got was bs posts back full of 12 yr olds trying to be funny, I makes you think if thats the attitude of probs the most visited forums, its no wonder people ain't aware of our plight.

Fucking offy pisses me of I put a post about kopfaithful and how we should support it even if it makes one more person aware of whats happening, and all I got was bs posts back full of 12 yr olds trying to be funny, I makes you think if thats the attitude of probs the most visited forums, its no wonder people ain't aware of our plight.

I guess we are not good enough posters

Why overcomplicate matters. You're being ripped off as a supporter.

Do you have any sense of pride?

And a change of owners is going to stop the rip-offs, is it? Remind me of that when they put the prices up again.

"Rip-off" is the EPL's motto. Everything from tv coverage to kick off times to questionable owners to ticket prices is designed to inconvenience the paying punter to the maximum extent possible.

The humble fan is an afterthought in the boardroom. The fan to them in all cases, is merely a human ATM. Why does he go? He goes because it's his duty to go. So he'll shell out the 40 quid or whatever it is and get up at 3am if needs be to get to his weekend game, even at the disgusting time of 12:45 on a Saturday morning to please Sky. Nothing short of banning orders, or a winding up order will take his passion away from him, as there's more to football than pounds, shillings, and pence.

If you want to find a league where the fan is the number 1 priority, the Bundesliga is the place to be. The Premiership is as far away from that model as possible.

The problem with boycotting is no matter how many people don't take thier seats someone will be there to fill it.

The only way to make people sit up and listen is for the entire stadium to show thier disapproval of H&G on a TV match even if its just "Hicks and Gillette out" shouted through an entire match, yes we should be shouting for the team but getting the message across to everyone who don't have a clue is more important.

Ideas of blocking coaches etc coming in will just lead to violence we have been there before we do not need it to happen again. Plus this would not make for happy scenes on tv and would perhaps make non LFC supports not interested in whats happening (look at the green and gold campaign of man U, its visable and get reported).

Don't buy the shirts and other crap yes but to be heard these days you have to be on TV/in the papers or no-one cares its that simple.

Send the Kopfaithful email to daily papers see if they will print them etc it all builds up, we don't need a snowball of coverage about what is happening we need a fucking avalance.

And where have the Norwich scarves got the Utd fans? Fucking nowhere.

Yes it`s had loads of coverage but so what, the Glazers are still there and the club is still in major hock to various hedge funds to the tune of several hundred million. But while 76k fans turn up for each home game spending shed loads of money and in effect paying the owners debt, their campaign will ultimately be fruitless. We`re in the same boat.

If it`s exposure you`re after, an empty stadium in full glare of the world`s media would blow the socks off a few hundred fans singing anti G+H songs.

And a change of owners is going to stop the rip-offs, is it? Remind me of that when they put the prices up again.

"Rip-off" is the EPL's motto. Everything from tv coverage to kick off times to questionable owners to ticket prices is designed to inconvenience the paying punter to the maximum extent possible.

The humble fan is an afterthought in the boardroom. The fan to them in all cases, is merely a human ATM. Why does he go? He goes because it's his duty to go. So he'll shell out the 40 quid or whatever it is and get up at 3am if needs be to get to his weekend game, even at the disgusting time of 12:45 on a Saturday morning to please Sky. Nothing short of banning orders, or a winding up order will take his passion away from him, as there's more to football than pounds, shillings, and pence.

If you want to find a league where the fan is the number 1 priority, the Bundesliga is the place to be. The Premiership is as far away from that model as possible.

What the fuck are you talking about?

We're talking about Liverpool's disastrous owners. You are saying "oh fuck it, who cares, the premier league sucks anyway."

Are you on T&G's payroll? As my dear friend Code would say, beyond the fucking pale.

gtfo.gif

Cant go wrong with the oldies.

Guest TesticleOReilly
you buy tickets and dont go or you dont buy tickets and someone else does - so exactly how does it help?

You educate the people who take your place, and explain why they should boycott.

You educate the people who take your place, and explain why they should boycott.

I can see the good intention but that is pie in the sky. It will never work, we are too big a club around the world. People watch us and want to come to the game that dont even know who are owners are.

We need to do things that we know will work, the only thing we have imo is to generate bad publicity and that will hurt their investments and sponsors but of course that hurts the team and any would be investors and any one preparing a take over. A walk out would be a good start

Guest TesticleOReilly
I can see the good intention but that is pie in the sky. It will never work, we are too big a club around the world. People watch us and want to come to the game that dont even know who are owners are.

We need to do things that we know will work, the only thing we have imo is to generate bad publicity and that will hurt their investments and sponsors but of course that hurts the team and any would be investors and any one preparing a take over. A walk out would be a good start

If education doesn't work how come an entire generation of Liverpool supporters who weren't around 21 years ago boycott The S*n?