You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Trivia and Miscellany

dirty_sanchez

• 1 year later...
On 19/02/2021 at 11:44, Rushies tash said:

The world's largest living organism is a single gigantic specimen of fungus, discovered in the Malheur National Forest, Oregon, USA, which occupies a total area of 965 hectares (2,385 acres), equivalent to 1,350 football pitches.

It also lives between the gaps in my toes,the cunt.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The first officer on the scene of Eddie Cochran's fatal road traffic accident in 1960 was police cadet David Harman. Harman started to learn guitar using Cochran's guitar while it was impounded at the police station. Two years later he became a professional musician, and had a number of hit records as Dave Dee, lead singer of the group Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich.

• Upvote 9

16 hours ago, Strontium said:

The first officer on the scene of Eddie Cochran's fatal road traffic accident in 1960 was police cadet David Harman. Harman started to learn guitar using Cochran's guitar while it was impounded at the police station. Two years later he became a professional musician, and had a number of hit records as Dave Dee, lead singer of the group Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich.

Excellent trivia Sir. Well played.

On 19/02/2021 at 11:48, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Apparently, that song was written and deliberately disseminated through the British armed forces  (and from them to the civvies) as part of the wartime propaganda effort.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_Has_Only_Got_One_Ball

Wind of Change was written by the federalies...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/08/arts/virus-winds-of-change-podcast.html

17 hours ago, Strontium said:

That's a good one, I'll be quoting that later in the pub. 

• 8 months later...

My real first name is Zebedee and I used to get the bus to school. My stop was known colloquially as the magic roundabout. 

I didn't have friends called Ermintrude and Dougal though. Nor was I or am I some kind of spring puppet now I come to think of it. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Remmie said:

My real first name is Zebedee and I used to get the bus to school. My stop was known colloquially as the magic roundabout. 

I didn't have friends called Ermintrude and Dougal though. Nor was I or am I some kind of spring puppet now I come to think of it. 

That bus stop name is ace. You also live in MK which has a reputation for being a bit wacky with its layout. A lot like other New Towns like Runcorn and Skem up here.

55 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Cs Lewis and Aldous Huxley died on the same day as Jfk

In a similar vein, the 2nd and 3rd US Presidents - John Adams and Thomas Jefferson - both died on July 4th 1826. The 5th US President, James Monroe, died on July 4th 1831.

The reason tanks are called tanks is because the British had to give them a code name when they were transporting them so the Germans wouldn't get wind of what these new metal death machines were. The other option considered was boilers.

10th armoured boiler division.

Challenger battle boiler.

• Upvote 3