You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know who this bloke is?

Posted by mikejefferiesL4 at 6:26 PM

"From spending all day today on the phone and emails the Ken Huang Chinese/Hong Kong 'bid' now just sounds to me like just another potential smoke & mirror leveraged buyout. Will post all my findings here tomorrow but it doesn't look good to me...."

POOR SCOUSER TOMMY: SURELY NOT AGAIN???

don't know who he is,but if he's got such a big story why wait until tomorrow?:(

Anyone know who this bloke is?

Posted by mikejefferiesL4 at 6:26 PM

"From spending all day today on the phone and emails the Ken Huang Chinese/Hong Kong 'bid' now just sounds to me like just another potential smoke & mirror leveraged buyout. Will post all my findings here tomorrow but it doesn't look good to me...."

POOR SCOUSER TOMMY: SURELY NOT AGAIN???

He's the one who was feeding Duncan Oldham info thinking he was legit.

It's safe to say he's frighteningly out of the loop.

I must admit that there's the growing appearance that something is simply not right about the Huang bid, but that is just my highly sensitised bullshit detector. But I'm sadly developing the feeling that his way of doing business - ie plastering it over the media, tipping off journalists, issuing statements and counter-statements, naming individuals through friendly journalists, who then swiftly deny interest - has the hallmarks of an individual motivated by publicity and self-advancement. It certainly questions his credibility, and that isn't just the blackening of his name by Gillett's PR people. Just my hunch, however, and of course i know nothing of what is going on - although I suspect some of these 'itk's posting on RAWK (and one of whom used to post here)may have been taken in, which wouldn't be the first time. When you look at Huang's track record with phantom bids in the NBA, you do begin to wonder...

I'm also convinced that the Syrian bid is a farce - leveraged buyout, inflated price, the idea that the stadium can only be built as part of a massive shopping and leisure complex (has anyone run that past the Council!?) - all smacks of an amateur attempt to get the price up. I've also been told that Kardi has links with the company that 'designed' the stadium plans (and which has received, what, 40-50m from the club? Hmmm.)

I see two scenarios playing out. One is that there are serious bidders doing their work in private and keeping things confidential. Maybe the Indians? Or secondly that G+H will still be in charge and they'll sell Mascherano and Pepe Reina in the last days of the window for a combined £50m, pocketing most of the proceeds. Given their past performance - and the fact they clearly no longer care one iota about bad press and publicity - that might be the most likely outcome of all this.

I'm sure there will be fevered speculation in the Sunday press.

Whats the latest on the takeover saga? are we any further forward or are we all still :wallbutt: :wallbutt: :wallbutt: :wallbutt: :wallbutt: :wallbutt: ?

[YOUTUBE]V-xpJRwIA-Q[/YOUTUBE]

Dance Hall Days are a long way off yet.

Another classic from RAWK:

"I've just been talking to a friend who is a bar manager at the Dorchester in London and he's utterly convinced that he saw Broughton in there yesterday, with a group of suited colleagues and they met with some asian 'looking' guys.

I don't have any reason not to believe him and he regularly looks after guests like Philip Green, Simon Cowell, various middle eastern Sheiks and royalty from around the world, not to mention a lot of film stars and recording artists.

What I'm wondering is, does anyone know of any rumour, or facts that suggest Broughton has actually met anyone relating to this deal. It occurs to me that as BA's chairman, he could have been meeting people in relation to that business. So what have you guys heard?"

Guest davelfc
Another classic from RAWK:

"I've just been talking to a friend who is a bar manager at the Dorchester in London and he's utterly convinced that he saw Broughton in there yesterday, with a group of suited colleagues and they met with some asian 'looking' guys.

I don't have any reason not to believe him and he regularly looks after guests like Philip Green, Simon Cowell, various middle eastern Sheiks and royalty from around the world, not to mention a lot of film stars and recording artists.

What I'm wondering is, does anyone know of any rumour, or facts that suggest Broughton has actually met anyone relating to this deal. It occurs to me that as BA's chairman, he could have been meeting people in relation to that business. So what have you guys heard?"

I think Broughton has very recently met with Huangs people in London.

From TIA thread but no idea if the poster is reputable.

"And there I was on the Centre Court - I wasn't even seeded!"