You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke
56 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Mad storms this week. Impressive lightning. 

We had 30° for 4-5 days, yesterday it dropped to 15 and felt like winter, today back up to 30+ and then a fuck off storm this evening. Consistent lightening and thunder and bucket loads of rain, very impressive. I love a good storm. 

• 2 weeks later...

Theres been a bit of do down here over weather forecasters getting Cornwalls weather wrong and its potential effect on tourism. Also how the presenters stand to the side of the UK map but blocking out West Cornwall. To be fair they were right and it doesnt happen now. I'm keeping my eye on the bastards though.

Guest Pistonbroke

31°C over here in the Vaterland. Just went out with the dog and even she couldn't be arsed, it was like walking a Sloth. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Cut that in half and thats the UK.

Youngest son has his sports day this afternoon in the stadium just over the road from us, I'm psyching myself up for the short walk. The poor little bugger has been roped into doing both the 800 metres and the 400, he's going to melt.  

I'm not looking forward to being stuck to the bed sweating at night time due to the heat. As opposed to being stuck to the bed covered in jizz, like.

The warmer weather just brings out massive bellends with their shite music and their "barbecues". Bring on the autumn - best time of year.

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
27 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Think it was about 36 degrees when I finished playing the unmentionable sport last weekend. 

Played for an hour and had three drinks breaks.

I was sweating my bollocks off last night, and I was sat on the sofa watching TV. 

Unfortunately we have a house that retains the warmth in Summer. 29°C in the house at the moment, ventilators just push the warm air about. Just been out with the mut and it's already 32°C outside, but feels a lot hotter in the sun. We have a little stream which runs through the nearby park and the dog just laid down in that for the best part of 10 minutes. 

34 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I was sweating my bollocks off last night, and I was sat on the sofa watching TV. 

Unfortunately we have a house that retains the warmth in Summer. 29°C in the house at the moment, ventilators just push the warm air about. Just been out with the mut and it's already 32°C outside, but feels a lot hotter in the sun. We have a little stream which runs through the nearby park and the dog just laid down in that for the best part of 10 minutes. 

Our house is ace for keeping cool thanks to the thick stone walls. Don't actually need air con.

Probably be about 40 degrees at 15:00/16:00 today. It'll be 20 degrees inside the house.

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Our house is ace for keeping cool thanks to the thick stone walls. Don't actually need air con.

Probably be about 40 degrees at 15:00/16:00 today. It'll be 20 degrees inside the house.

Lucky bugger. The only cool place in ours is the cellar, I'm seriously thinking of sleeping down there tonight. 

I can't install Air Con as the wife and one of the kids don't get on with it and end up with ear and throat infections etc. Like I said above, ventilators are a waste of time. I'm sat with my feet and lower legs in a tub of cold water at the moment whilst I enjoy a nice cuppa tea. 

Mind you, as humans we're never happy, either too cold, too hot or too wet. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Lucky bugger. The only cool place in ours is the cellar, I'm seriously thinking of sleeping down there tonight. 

Mind you, as humans we're never happy, either too cold, too hot or too wet. 

Need to move to Lanzarote, or one of the microclimates near Malaga. 18-30 degrees all year. 

Early Spring here is perfect for me. Probably about 25 degrees in March and April. Hot enough to lounge around do fuck all, but not too hot that it's impossible to do anything.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Jairzinho said:

Need to move to Lanzarote, or one of the microclimates near Malaga. 18-30 degrees all year. 

Early Spring here is perfect for me. Probably about 25 degrees in March and April. Hot enough to lounge around do fuck all, but not too hot that it's impossible to do anything.

New Zealand is supposed to have the best climate, if you can get past the fact it's susceptible to Earth Quakes. 

The Weather in Germany just seems to have two seasons these days, Summer and Winter. Obviously you get Spring and Autumn but those two seasons seem to only last for short periods of time. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

New Zealand is supposed to have the best climate, if you can get past the fact it's susceptible to Earth Quakes. 

The Weather in Germany just seems to have two seasons these days, Summer and Winter. Obviously you get Spring and Autumn but those two seasons seem to only last for short periods of time. 

Better than the UK where it's Autumn all year.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Better than the UK where it's Autumn all year.

Whilst growing up in the UK in the 60's and 70's I can remember a few summers with glorious sunshine. Few and far between mind. I loved the winters though, waking up to so much snow you had to dig your way out. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Roasting over here. Tomorrow we've planned a trip to a Zoo which is a 1:45 hour trip to get there, not looking forward to driving in 39°C, especially the return trip after walking around a Zoo for 8 hours. 

~31 here on Thursday. 

38 in London. 

42 in France (not relevant but couldn't be arsed with that heat). 

I like that Liverpool's near the coast. It makes sunny days more bearable knowing there's always a nice breeze to go with the sunstroke.