You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whiskeyjar

I know you admitted a mistake, which I appreciate, but it doesn't totally change my viewpoint. You suggest I make Lucas the worst player in the squad, which is ridicoulous. I consider him so-so, on the par with Degen, Dossena, Voronin, worse than Insua, Riera, Kyrgiakos and Benayoun on their positions. I just can't stand singling out Lucas as the top performer in any game he plays. People saying he in on the par with Mascherano or even better. The ones saying he is second Stevie G. The ones saying he was among top 3 performers in the season. The ones saying he is an attacking midfielder and Rafa prevented his development. The ones saying he is techniqually better than Aqua. There are many like that. Just try to look for compilations from this season games and Lucas has arounf 10-12, twice more than Mascherano, Reina or Torres, not to mention Aqua, who started 9 games this season and almost all of them are memorable than any of Lucas (except Man United maybe, but what the hell are Everton or Stoke Lucas compilations) I understand you included Lucas plot in the response, now I know why, sorry to offend you in this area. Still, I hate the fact you're implying me thinking he is the worst in the team. I never wrote it, you created it in your mind.

Whiskeyjar

I know you admitted a mistake, which I appreciate, but it doesn't totally change my viewpoint. You suggest I make Lucas the worst player in the squad, which is ridicoulous. I consider him so-so, on the par with Degen, Dossena, Voronin, worse than Insua, Riera, Kyrgiakos and Benayoun on their positions. I just can't stand singling out Lucas as the top performer in any game he plays. People saying he in on the par with Mascherano or even better. The ones saying he is second Stevie G. The ones saying he was among top 3 performers in the season. The ones saying he is an attacking midfielder and Rafa prevented his development. The ones saying he is techniqually better than Aqua. There are many like that. Just try to look for compilations from this season games and Lucas has arounf 10-12, twice more than Mascherano, Reina or Torres, not to mention Aqua, who started 9 games this season and almost all of them are memorable than any of Lucas (except Man United maybe, but what the hell are Everton or Stoke Lucas compilations) I understand you included Lucas plot in the response, now I know why, sorry to offend you in this area. Still, I hate the fact you're implying me thinking he is the worst in the team. I never wrote it, you created it in your mind.

The way you and perkins posted some replies, I am justified for thinking so. Still if thats not what you meant then I apologizing for assuming your opionion was such.

In the end I guess we both can agree that Lucas is an average player. On one hand some fans want him gone whilst others want to keep him as he might be usefull.

I am in the latter category.

Second pre-season game, the majority of the squad being our young lads. It served its purpose, players gaining match fitness, nothing more, nothing less. A good performance and result would have been a huge bonus of course, but at the end of the day, it was just a friendly.

Kaiserslautern played some nice stuff at times, and showed their experience by retaining the ball better than we did.

As for the goal we conceded, it was a poor header from Darby, Ayala didn't react quick enough, and you'd like to think that Diego could have given Darbs a shout to possibly head the ball back to him, rather than Darbs heading it into the area he did.

This was Liverpool youth v Klaiser. Nothing more nothing less.

Caveleri is a good keeper and has shown it in the 2 games hes played.

Today Shelvy and Ince put in good performances from the bench. Only saw second half but I think it was a good result for the youths. Ammo and Eccleston have pace to burn and could develop into good players. Ayala should be back up centre half next season.