You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Baros

Truered

What a player! His effort, style and runs off the ball put Owen to shame IMO. Did you notice how easy it was for the Midfielders (Murphy had a good game too I thought) to find him on those diagonal runs into the box?

2 penalties, many corners and both goals came as a result of Baros's willingness to work hard and chase those lost causes. That boy scares the shit out of defenders, unlike a certain England international-or-two I could mention!

Thank God he's back!

But I take it H*skey's back for the next game! :wallbutt:

Certainly great to see him back. Made more runs & chased more

lost causes than that no. 8 would make in a dozen games.

He took a few tackles on his ankles last night, hope he's alright.

Forza Milan!

GH should do the right thing and pick him for every game if he is fit for, however there is a part of me which thinks he would still pick no 8 over baros, despite him putting in excellent performances.

Last season and the start of this season shows that GH will pick Milan ahead of #8... I guess after such a long injury lay off Baros will be rested in some early games...but there is no doubt that Baros is ahead of EH in the pecking order... if not...well then GH is asking to be sacked!

very harsh imo. i thought owen worked very hard last night. yes his form is not as good as it could be, but the lad is not hiding.

Fair point but this wasn't Michael's first game back from injury was it? Baros looked deadlier last night than Owen has for 2 seasons. Obviously that's just an opinion but as a midfileder, seeing strikers making those types of runs is just awesome.

I appreciate that Owen's had personal problems and perhaps needs more rest which obviously we can't afford to give him, but I don't like it when he's facing our midfield and waiting for the ball to feet. He's not that sort of player. He should be on the last defenders back waiting to chase anything coming his way. He seems to be showing a more mature side of his game but I don't think that it's helped Liverpool at all this season. I'd go so far as to say that Sinama has had a better season than MO right now. I hope to be proven horribly wrong!

I think MO is being played in a way were he's expected to drift back into midfield. houllier has said a few times on how they've worked to improve MO's game with his back to goal. I think there's no doubt he's lost a little bit of the pace he used to have, so we're seeing him develop his game in different ways. but as i said earlier, i don't believe it's anything to do with a lack of work rate and effort. You also have to remember he's marked in a game in a way baros and sinama are not (at the moment) - he had 2 players on him all night last night.

I have said for 2 seasons that Baros and Owen should be our first choice.

2 reasons.

1) Two small men force us to pass and move - no hooooooof

2) Milan is the most direct attacker we have had since Keegan. He is a defenders nightmare. What this does is draws defenders and creates space for MO. And that is a dfenders worst nightmare come true. Look at the Derby a woodison, or the demolition of West Brom. It is about pace and movement. They have it both. On his own of with Hesk** MO is strangled for space cos he is outnumbered.

I am so excited by these two together. i think if he'd stayed fit our seson would have been different cos the penny had dropped with GH early doors. With SG and HK playing well the rest can defend and we can be a real force. Just like the old days. As Bob said it is the job of the team players to help the Superstars shine. These four lads can and should be superstars. Let the rest work hard and vaway you go.

I am tho still disturbed by the tactics of our manager. 451 at Pompey was just bizarre. And lost us the game. If he had played 442 with Milan from the start for 60 mins the game would have been won IMO.

Concerned that MO might just be starting to show signs of burn out, Having to cover for the Donkey for two seasons has forced him to change his own game. How anyone can justify playing 4-5-1 with a little guy like him up front is beyond belief, especially when that useless lump is allowed to hide.

Playing Owen on his own up front is ridiculous. He must be the worst forward in the Premiership with his back to goal. He has a poor first touch and sometimes takes 3 touches to bring the ball under control. Passes for Owen need to be ahead of him to run on to, that's how he scores most of his goals..

Playing Owen on his own up front is ridiculous. He must be the worst forward in the Premiership with his back to goal. He has a poor first touch and sometimes takes 3 touches to bring the ball under control. Passes for Owen need to be ahead of him to run on to, that's how he scores most of his goals..

Hermes, Iv'e read your earlier opinions on Owen and I totally agree:

sign NOW or FUCK OFF Michael. No more sulky ransom shite.

IMO Milan proved today who the best striker at the club currently is.

Never stopped running, strong and direct when getting the ball and scored and absolute pearler.

To be fair to Michael thought he played ok today bar the finishing.

More points lost against inferior opposition though.

Baros looks like the one player (Stevie and Carra excepted) whose confidence hasn't been shot to pieces. He looks like someone who is desperate to prove he deserves a place in the team. What a pity those sentiments never occur to Emily.

Great goal yesterday.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves - this is Michael Owen youse are knockin - fer fcuks sake , the guy has carried us for 5 years up front on his own , and now gets written off cos he misses a few chances :wallbutt:

you'll all be back suckin on his proverbial when he goes on a run as usual .

I honestly think he's better of leaving LFC , cos lfc "fans" don't bloody well deserve him .

Michael Owen is a living, playing legend at our club, there's just no denyting that he's the finest talent we've seen in red for years and years. He is quite simply awesome and when he's on form he is unstopable.

BUT, that does NOT make him immune from criticism or even a spell in the reserves (which he has never had, regardless of form!)

At the moment, he isn't playing well. He has enough to contend with off the pitch at the moment. A new baby, his Missus being severely injured for a long time, now he's planning a marriage as well.

I'm starting to think that his work-life balance is started to lean towards the "life" side and he could do with a break from teh pressures of 1st team football.

Problem is, though, we have nobody who could fill the void so it looks like we will just have to let him play through his dry spell.